Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

18th late afternoon/ early evening.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 Empty Re: 18th late afternoon/ early evening.

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 am

"You use whatever comes out first, Tim."
She couldn't stop smiling, not at him, although his blushes and frustration was amusing, but more with him. not that he was telling jokes, as yet. She hoped he didn't ask why she was smiling so.

"The tea? it is the best cup of British tea I have had. It is not what we drink, but I think it is still good." her smile widened at a thought, "What would happen if you ran out of tea?"

Back to top Go down

18th late afternoon/ early evening. - Page 3 Empty Re: 18th late afternoon/ early evening.

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

"If we ran out of tea, why a revolt , revolution that's for sure!" But then he was not looking serious and it was clear that he did not mean it. He shook his head only to make the emphasis that that was certainly not something that would happen.

"Ah, nothing. We have gone sometimes without it , and as long as there's wine and all sorts of spirits the common soldier shall be satisfied. " He dropped his voice a notch and spoke quieter as if in confidence with the girl.

"However it is the more the soldier drinks, the less happy the officer is. But it has to be with your people as well, that way, no?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 am

She laughed at his suggestion, seeing it for the joke it was.
"It is the same here, yes. The Officer is happy with spirits only if he has them, and the rest do not."

Impossible it would be to get all the spirits that would be nearby, but if any man showed signs of drunkenness while on duty, it would be imagined the officers would try.
"Sometimes I think the best way to win a war is to remove the enemies tea and drink." She shrugged and finished her own drink, setting the mug at her feet. "You would have to have pack horses, then, to carry it all."

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 9:54 am

" If all sort of liquid.. drink was removed from a man, and he was left with but food and at that hard and dry, the army would be as done for as if you had removed their food and left them water." He smiled for it was a topic much easier to discuss and atleast he knew what he could say, how he could continue. A field that allowed for some thought after all.

"Pack horses to carry what?" He asked and thought of Herrero who stood , watched them and looked quite impatient. He was possibly feeling so as well, the proud horse.

"The defeat of an army, is not only in battle, but also in the supplies that can reach it. Starve and you shall loose men to hunger and yet even.. the other condemned ways. But..that's just me thinking.. and I ain't an officer, no." She was lovely and he couldn't stop but to admire her as she spoke, the smile to charming that it had startled him and as just a moment ago, he'd been confused enough not even to know what she'd referred to. He was starting to wonder whether it was just her or had the women a strange effect on men, that noone could explain.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am

"Pack horses to carry t'drink you had been taking. I'm sure you could put it to proper use." she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Starving or drying out..it is not so good. Here we have tea and, later, food, I am sure." She shook her shoulders, shaking off any idea of starving. "When was the last time you had a hot meal?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 10:07 am

He smiled, but hadn't said much to her suggestion, not quite sure what she had meant with it. He was certain though he would not inquire for an explanation.

"Not too long ago, I'm glad to say, and shall have one just ..." He glanced towards the campfire and smiled. "..after they manage not to turn the meat into soles."

"Do you not have hot meals back with the wagons?" He asked, thinking that the camp followers must've had the finest. After all they were rumoured to go ahead and buy up most of the bread, and snatch from gardens many of the things wrought from the earth.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 10:11 am

"Souls? Why would the meat turn into souls?" She knew a lot of english, could speak it well, but then words came up like this, and she didn't understand it at all.

"Oh I have plenty of food, there is usually something hot, or I will make something. I wanted to make sure you were not going to be going hungry." She trailed off, still thinking about soles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 am

"Soles, not souls miss." He smiled , flustered that he might just have said something that.. should've perhaps been not said and he ought to have rather inquired why she asked so. What she meant!

Still feeling a fool he went on to explain the sole and soul difference, his eyes on her hands, for that was decent as well as it had allowed him to keep his gaze down for atleast a little time.

"A sole... is.. the bottom of one's shoe. I meant not the soul, no. I'm sorry."

And then he was silent for a long few moments, that felt perhaps as hours to him. He spoke again:" I am flattered and ..very honoured that you would have considered me, Miss,.. ma... Sildete." He said the name as properly as he could.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 10:24 am

"Sole. i had not heard that before. Bottom of the feet? But...I am sorry, I still do not see..." she was sure her flush was matching his, until, thankfully, a burst of light came and she realised what he meant. "No, I think you are saying the meat will be..hard, yes? Bad to eat. My english, it is not as good as I think, sometimes."

Her face cleared after that and she sat up properly again, shrugged. "I would not want you to ge hungry, or to be chewing some nasty crust. I look after my friends." she remembered, once the words were out of her mouth, how uptight the british were. too late to take back the words, she smiled at him as charmingly as she could, instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 am

"Yes, yes that sort." He smiled encouragingly to the girl. She got it right, and it was his fault that he did not explain it so well that she'd not need to think on it for so long.

He leaned to pick the empty mug, and held it in his hand and his lap. "You are too kind, .."He'd managed not to say miss, just so. Whatever else she might've said, her charming smile was enough that he forgot.

"Ah.. thank you." he said, not quite sure what he was being grateful for, and he looked shyly at her. "Would you. .. like to see my horse ..?" He said lamely. What an offer, and to a girl! Great, as if he could not have suggested something more sensible.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 11:34 am

It was good he'd taken the mug, she didn't see where it had come from, so she wouldn't ahve been able to return it. Unless it was his?

"Your horse? The one you were brushing before, yes? Or do you have more than one?" An equally silly answer, but standing and moving only a few paces to see the spotted creature behind her was one thing. Traipsing along to another line to go poking at extra horses was quite another.
"I..well..." firmly she stopped stuttering, composing herself to say the words correctly, "I would like to know the one here, first, if there were a choice?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 6:19 pm

"Yes, that's the one. Name's Herrero. " He smiled, surprised that the girl would have found herself stuttering. He stood to take the mug to his pack, where he could leave it for the moment. He would wash it later anyway.

"I have only the one, well the army does, but I may ride it." He said, uncertain whether she'd be interested at all in seeing him. "We can see him, if you want that is. I insist not, if your wishes would be not to." He said politely and warmly. All memories of that tavern have been forgotten now. She wasn't that sort of girl, nor was he becoming drunk, as for his purse, he still needed to find himself a new one, and kept what coin he got - not that much, since the army's way of paying were much to hope for - he stored in his pocket. The later was twice checked over not to have any holes.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 6:35 pm

"Herrero. I like the name." she stood, waiting for him to return. She had no wish to get too close to a horse which would kick her, without it having it's master nearby.

"So the army, it owns all the horses, and this, it matters not how many are lost? That is generous of them. I would like to get to know this Herrero of yours." She did want to see the horse, if only because it would be a change from scruffy cats and mangy dogs. Nice to see animals so cared for.
"You are the first man I've seen to be so interested in animals." she complimented. He had seemed so careful with Herrero before, when she was standing back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 pm

"I think the.. uh.. Spanish had named him so, not quite sure where they've bought him, only that it was when we were already here. The others have a few names for him, but I'll choose to refrain from their mention." He grinned, gladly to lead her towards the spotted horse. His face looked a bit more somber at her question.

"It does matter how many are lost, but horses. .. do get lost. From exhaustion, from slipping on rocks and breaking their limbs, from battle, from diseases, bowel troubles, heat. Doesn't mean we should care for them any less or perhaps it does that we should more."

"Here, come. He doesn't bite. Nor kick,...for the most part." He smiled and invited the girl closer. The horse was watching them sceptically, his ears alert and turned towards his master and the lass approaching with him.

"Ah.." he smiled at the compliment feeling a bit embarrassed: "It's... I like...I've got an interest in them, especially the horses. They are wonderful animals and each has a personality to match. "He patted Herrero's neck gently, the animal snorting and lifting his head as if to present himself as a proper royal steed.

".. it's best that they didn't when on parade, unless it's one of great calm, and in battle as one of courage to fight and not flee." He hesitated. "He wont bite, I promise."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 8:06 pm

She adopted a sombre air for the comments about loosing horses, resting a hand on his arm. He seemed to mind, awfully as she had heard soldiers say, and she hadn't meant to cause him pain.
"I'm sure you care for more than you're fair share of horses. More than Herrero- they all want you to look after them."
she smiled at him, trusting that when he said it wouldn't bite it wouldn't, nor kick.

"He is not angry at all. Some have said there are only angry horses, badly treated." she shook her head, "I will tell them about you, Tim. they speak without knowing and..." tentativly she reached out a hand, near herreros side but close enough he could still see her, "He is surely lovely."

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat May 16, 2009 9:19 am

"No, horses are not generally angry, that's true. as for the treatment, you'll know that it isn't thanks to the horse, but it's master .. to which treatment they are put to." He shook his head lowering his head. "You need not do it miss.... and.. thank you. "

He patted the side of the animal. "He's a bit particular in coloration, but he's a fine horse in temperament. A very fine one." He patted the side of the animal's neck. For a moment he thought that he could offer the girl a short walk on the horse, but then thought it might not be just the right time or place or....

The horse didn't move, though his ears followed the sound of the girl's voice. He bent his head down again and picked some of the hay. He chewed it as passively as could be, only flicking his tail once to bring away any insects that could've come to irritate him.

"Have you tried. ..to ride that is?" He could honestly say he did not know what ways the women of Portugal were raised in.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm

"I like he doesn't look like the rest of them." she grinned at him unrepentantly, sure in what she was saying, "I will always be able to find him easily- and I will be able to find you, too, then."

Carefully, lightly, she petted him, not wanting to hurt him or startle him. He seemed surpremely unconcerned, munching away at his hay happily.

"I haven't ridden much, but I've done it a few times." she looked doubtfully at the saddle nearby, "Not on anything like that, though." but she was eager to try, if it would be appropriate. "I don't want to get you in trouble, Tim."

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 pm

It brought a smile to Timothy's face. She would want to meet him again! He hadn't acted a fool enough that she'd think to turn around and run. The smile just refused to go, and it was hard to stop himself from grinning.

"Then I am glad I was assigned such an animal." He spoke truthfully. "You've ridden a lady's saddle then? The side kind?" He asked imagining it was probably that sort. He did have to place the saddle back on Herrero's back, if he meant to have her ride him. But then he had to take him to where the other horses were tied and he had to carry the saddle half way anyway. He looked at her then at the horse. It would do no harm and she was light anyway.

"I don't think.." He looked around briefly. It was different then prancing around without meaning. They could not mind, possibly. " ..that it should be much trouble." He looked shy. "That is, would you like to try it now. I've just to saddle him again. N'.. it would be no trouble. Not really." He added and Herrero looked as if he either didn't mind or care.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 7:49 am

"A side saddle, yes. I've always been tempted to try a different saddle..." she shrugged. "If it really isn't any trouble?"

She'd gone on older, less cared for horses with no saddle at all, but that was just playing, and it was a long time ago. But a horse like this- funny though he may look he behaved as well as you could wish. It would give her something more to talk to him about, as well, something more to do with him.
"You are sure I will not get you in trouble?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 am

"It isn't as long as you do not mean to ride of with my horse." He smiled as he began to saddle the horse. Of course Herrero tried puffing out his belly when the saddle was to be fastened. But just as he relaxed, thinking he had won, his rider had pulled and tightened it further. The horse snorted and looked at Willoughby but made no further indication at his annoyance.

"I will apologise though.. miss, for I can only take you that short a distance, to where I am to leave the horse. Perhaps another time I may offer you more." He smiled apologetically and lengthened one stirrup a little so that it would have been easier for the girl to get herself onto the saddle.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 am

"I promise not to ride off with him." she tried for a sincere look, but suspected she ended up just looking like she was holding back a laugh.

He certainly moved most competently around the creature, dealing with all the tricks and such as if he'd been doing it his whole life- which he probably had, or near enough to make no difference.

"A short distance or a long, it's more than I would be getting otherwise." She eyed her skirt and the men gathering around the fire. They were all too interested in food, most of them with their backs to her. Good. "Will you give me a hand up, Tim?" she smiled sweetly at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 am

He felt his cheeks grow hotter and looked at Herrero only to try and have it less evident, before, with a smile, distracted by her own, he nodded.

" Certainly will." He trusted that his horse would not move, even if he was gazing back curiously. It wasn't the sort of routine he was used to. The girl seemed tame enough though. Herrero looked away at last, only his ears showing that he was well aware that there were things happening behind his range of vision.

Timothy stepped to the horse's side and nodded to the girl that he was ready to help her up, so that she should only come and do so.

"He'll wait. " He smiled reassuringly.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 am

"He seems well trained." she meant it as a compliment and stepped closer to Timothy, resting her opposite hand on his shoulder and eyeing the distance she would be traversing.

"I'm afraid these aren't the most appropriate clothes to be trying this in." she tried, apologetically. "But you will just have to promise not to stare too much." she flashed him a smile and raised an eyebrow.
"Ready?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Mon May 18, 2009 8:41 am

"I promise..." He began then with a cough added rather quickly. "Not to stare that is... I mean, I'll be looking elsewhere miss, I promise." He nodded in a quick succession and tried to smile.

"Ready miss." She didn't look heavy any way. So what would be of effort, would be lifting the weight of those skirts.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 8:44 am

"I'll hold you to that." it was less of a warning than a joke and she tightened her hold on his shoulder, readying herself.
"Up we go then."

A struggle- longer than you got with proper riding gear and a side saddle- but not so long she had to recant. REsting, rather than sitting on the strange saddle as she started trying to sort everything out. Clothes! surely all those layers weren't necassary all the time?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next