Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Plague of frogs - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Plague of frogs

+5
Polly Smith
Nicolas Daubigny
Samuel Woodmarsh
Gareth Woodmarsh
Jack Deverel
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Plague of frogs - Page 3 Empty Re: Plague of frogs

Post  outis Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 pm

"Quite," Janet agreed, "Bunch of grown men fighting over a bleedin' dining room. And the name's Janet, love," she continued, turning back to William.
outis
Commander

Species : Sofa Monster
Number of posts : 1700

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Plague of frogs - Page 3 Bartonpostav_zps0641ca69

These daft fellows thought he was not a true Englishman? Well, they were not wrong at all, were they?

"I am not an Englishman, in fact," Barton told them, shaking his head slightly. He stepped toward the food-laden table, the hobnails in his boot soles thudding against the hardwood floor. Whatever sort of feast or gathering he'd interrupted, he was now giving in to the rumbling of his empty stomach.

He helped himself to a pork pie before turning partially toward Miss Janet to ask, "Would you care for something yourself, Miss?"

Manners dictated that he ask the same of the men across the room, but their behaviour was so outlandish that he thought he was safe to exclude them from a similar offer.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Janet had to hide a smile. Quite the young gentleman, this one. "Why not?" she responded lightly, grinning once more. She wasn't one to turn down an offer of food. "Thank you, William."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

With a nod, Barton passed a pork pie to her. "You're welcome, Miss." He bit into his own and waited until he'd swallowed that mouthful to ask, "What is going on here? What is this place?"
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm

"Ah ha, just as I thought," Samuel sneered, upon hearing the man in the strange clothes say that he was not an Englishman. As if he needed any further proof that the dirty ragamuffin was not fit to be among them.

Seeing as both the naval officer and the Frog with the chair had lowered their weapons slightly, Samuel turned his poker sideways and began to tap it absently against his left hand. It was not as though he had any interest in fighting anyway.

While the latest question had not been directed at him, nor did he feel that the scruffy stranger even deserved an answer, he deigned to respond anyway. "I could give a toss about what this place is, but quite frankly I do not think much of it if the owner chooses to allow such vermin to populate it."
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Species : Gentleman of Leisure
Number of posts : 41

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1752-samuel-woodmarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareth Woodmarsh Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

While he was no more keen on fighting than his brother, Gareth was not as quick to let his guard down, and so kept his sword ready in case any of the Frenchies tried any tricks. He would not put it past the sneaky devils to use children, women or badly-dressed ruffians as a distraction to lull them into a false sense of security. However, he did have to agree with Samuel that the establishment's owner must be a madman to let in such a crowd.

And now that foul-looking scamp was trying to insinuate himself with the lady! French invading the dining room were one thing, but by God he was not going to stand to have any ruffians bothering ladies!

"Don't trust that cad, miss!" he snapped, moving towards the table, "Surely he's in league with these French scoundrels!"
Gareth Woodmarsh
Gareth Woodmarsh
Ship's Cook

Species : Lieutenant; 1/2nd (Coldstream) Guards
Number of posts : 114

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/lieute

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:24 am

"Now, now, loves..." began Janet hastily, "Be polite to the lad with the gun." Then to the redcoat she added sweetly, "I wouldn't want you to get hurt." Best not to burn any bridges just yet.

She selected a small pastry from the tray beside her -- what appeared to be a small jam tart. It would, she reflected, look absolutely marvelous on the blond fellow's waistcoat.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 am

That was rather too pointed a remark to be directed at anyone but himself, wasn't it? Barton swallowed the remaining half-mouthful of pork pie and turned slightly toward the two spotlessly-dressed men.

"There's hardly any call to be ill-mannered," he said mildly, deciding that these two would not know a day's proper work if it knocked them in the heads. Not that he had known the same himself, before he'd enlisted. "Whether or not I have a rifle," he added with a nod toward Miss Janet.

Really. Now that he'd had a snack, his stomach was rumbling in earnest. A pot of what smelled like soup sat near the end of the table and he longed to ladle out a bowl of it.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareth Woodmarsh Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 am

Gareth grinned at the woman's declaration that she did not want him to get hurt. But as much as he appreciated her interest, there was still the problem of the infestation of Frogs in the room.

"Never fear miss, I am quite adept at protecting myself. It's those Frenchies who need to watch themselves," he said, shooting a glare in their direction.
Gareth Woodmarsh
Gareth Woodmarsh
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 am

Samuel resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his brother's bravado. They both knew Gareth could not defend himself against a particularly vicious rabbit let alone a hoard of Frenchmen. But he could see that Gareth was already plying his so-called charm on the lady, and Samuel knew better than to get in the way in such a situation. Instead, he turned his attention back to the ill-dressed ruffian.

"I know how to mind my manners, guttersnipe," he snapped, "You're the one who would do well to speak mindfully in the presence of your betters."
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 am

A sharp snap of her wrist and the jam laden pastry went flying. It was just the right weight for this particular distance, and Janet had surprisingly good aim.

So much for not burning bridges.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

Guttersnipe? Sure he could use a bath, a fresh uniform, and a shave, but so could every man in his regiment. It was hardly his fault that six days in the trenches made a fellow hopelessly dirty. As to betters... his grip on his rifle sling tightened. He'd endured more than enough of this sort of talk when he'd enlisted, damn it all.

"I rather think 'betters' is relative," Barton began, a trifle curtly, but he was interrupted by a jam tart choosing that instant to splatter quite solidly against the blond fellow's midriff.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am

At first, Samuel could barely believe that the squelching sound he had heard was of the jam tart hitting him. But it was, and as he looked down at the horrible, sticky filth sliding down his immaculate waistcoat, he was filled with an unimaginable rage.

"How dare you, you little tramp! How dare you!" He shouted, shaking his poker in the woman's direction. Of course, he was too much of a gentleman to hit a woman, so instead he turned his attention to the scruffy man she seemed so fond of. "This is your fault, you cur, and you'll pay dearly for it! Stand your ground and fight me like a man!"
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am

Despite being so very tempted to laugh, Barton felt a frown crease his brow. This was really getting to be too much. He eyed the red-faced fellow warily for a long moment, then slowly shook his head.

"No," he said simply.

He would not fight this idiot unless circumstances demanded it.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 am

"No? Are you deaf, you coward? I said fight me!"

Truly this man was a fool. Samuel had never met a man who would not fight when honour needed to be satisfied. And the honour of his wardrobe was a high one indeed. Well, in his mind, at any rate.
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 am

Janet gave a whoop of laughter at the horrified expression on the other man's face, quickly grabbing another pastry as the fellow rounded on her with the poker -- he mistook her profession if he thought her to be put off by men pointing things at her -- however, rather than attack, the posh little prat turned his venom on the boy.

Janet's eyes narrowed. That wasn't very nice. "Put that down. Or the next one goes on your coat. No, make that breeches." And she knew just the spot, too."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm

If his sergeant was here, Barton would definitely let such a remark pass. He feared Donovan's temper more than he did this buck. But the sergeant wasn't here and he was becoming irritated by all this blustering.

"Oh I heard you," Barton said, deciding that whoever this fellow and his companion were, he owed them no courtesy. "But I'm not fighting you."

It might almost be better to let Miss Janet let fly another jam tart, but that would not do either. "I rather think enough perfectly good scran's been wasted, Miss," he added and turned pointedly back toward the table. He was still ravenously hungry, after all.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Deverel Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Deverel began to laugh at the bejammed gentleman. "She's got your number, man!" Pompous fop. Deverel himself was already losing interest in conflict, and he was not in the mood to pick a fight with a pretty young woman and a strange soldier lad who was not even French.
Jack Deverel
Jack Deverel
Able Seaman

Species : Royal Navy; 3rd Lieutenant
Number of posts : 92

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/lt-jac

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm

"Damn your eyes, why won't you fight?" Samuel snapped at the ruffian. Though to a certain extent, he was rather glad the man was refusing to fight. He was smarting over the affront to his wardrobe, but in truth he was as eager to avoid a fight as his brother.

Thankfully the woman offered him a distraction. As irritated as he was with her for soiling his garments, Samuel still did not miss the fact that she had mentioned a particular item of his clothing.

"While your interest in my breeches flatters me, miss, I need to put this dolt in his place first." Smirking, he added, "Perhaps later I shall put you in your place as well."

Noticing that the navy officer was now laughing at his misfortune, he rounded on the man with a glare. "If you are so familiar with fighting women, sir, then do share your insight with us. I would greatly appreciate it."
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 pm

"Oh, I very much doubt that, m'dear," she replied softly, a faintly pitying expression on her face as she nodded at the poker. "Compensating for something?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 am

Having found a plate, helpfully provided by a grinning boy from the group of schoolchildren, Barton was only too happy to distract himself from the blond fop's insults by piling the plate up with a sampling of everything on the table. It all looked too good to ignore any of it.

He turned back to the unpleasant little gathering, the well-laden plate in one hand, but was obliged to swallow his mouthful of dumpling before speaking. "Is there any dido round here?"

Dido - rum
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Woodmarsh Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 am

Samuel narrowed his eyes at the woman. She was a brazen strumpet indeed to make such a statement.

"Mind how you wag your tongue, you jumped-up tart. Though I'm sure a woman like you is quite used to doing that."

Noticing that the ill-dressed soldier had turned his attention to the food, Samuel breathed an internal sigh of relief that he seemed to be dodging the possibility of a fight. However, just because he himself did not want to fight did not mean there had to be no fight at all...

"Gareth," he said, suddenly turning to his brother, "Don't you find it odd that the ragamuffin seems more interested in his food than in fighting? What are we to do about this? Are we going to let such un-gentlemanly behavior continue? Are we to let honour go unsatisfied?"
Samuel Woodmarsh
Samuel Woodmarsh
Ordinary Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareth Woodmarsh Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

Fortunately for Samuel, Gareth was too dense to realise that his brother was trying to trick him into fighting. So, despite the fact that he wanted to avoid fighting even more than Samuel, he naturally took the bait.

"Won't fight? That will never do!" Puffing himself up, he stomped over to where the soldier was trying to eat, "Now see here, you lout, while you may be no gentleman, that is no excuse to dismiss the honourable signal of a call to arms! My brother has received a grievous affront, and I will not stand by while his demand is brushed aside! What say you, man?"
Gareth Woodmarsh
Gareth Woodmarsh
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Deverel Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

Deverel snorted, finally tossing his fire poker aside and helping himself to a plate of scones. "It should be the woman you're challenging to a duel," he said, giving her an appreciative glance. "But don't look to me. I prefer to be friends with pretty women rather than fight 'em." He sidled over and offered the plate to her, grinning as he took a bite of his own scone.
Jack Deverel
Jack Deverel
Able Seaman

Species : Royal Navy; 3rd Lieutenant
Number of posts : 92

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/lt-jac

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 pm

This was ridiculous.

"A private soldier being challenged to a duel?" Barton suppressed a sigh. He had been raised as a gentleman, literally, but he was a swaddy. Life as a private was much simpler than the life he'd had before the war.

He shook his head. "I have had my fill of fighting for a day or two, thank you."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next