Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
28th June, late morning; Even more trouble EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

28th June, late morning; Even more trouble

3 posters

Go down

28th June, late morning; Even more trouble Empty 28th June, late morning; Even more trouble

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 am

Capitain Sourette was walking - still rather painfully - back to his own tent with a very confused look on his face, his hands full of paperwork.

When he heard footsteps approaching, he looked up, more not to walk into anyone and risk loosing his balance. But when he saw who it was, he stopped and hailed the young officer.

"M. Saint-Hilaire. A word with you, if you please!"
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Species : Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 434

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1704-bastien-prayon#99052

Back to top Go down

28th June, late morning; Even more trouble Empty Re: 28th June, late morning; Even more trouble

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 am

"Yes, capitaine." Saint-Hilaire spoke and straightened. He winced and paused momentarily then turned to the officer in question. "Are we to speak here... or elsewhere?" He had nearly bumped into this man, he had not been paying attention and he had been quite angry. He was still, but it was better that he keep his temper in check.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Species : Sous-Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

28th June, late morning; Even more trouble Empty Re: 28th June, late morning; Even more trouble

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 am

Sourette thrust the bundle of papers at him, pages of forms filled in Bastien's immaculate clerk script.

"What is this, Saint-Hilaire? I got these. On time. Without having to threaten him. In perfect order! Including all reports he owned. He even filled out the triplicate boot replacement requisition! And that is due only the day after tomorrow!"

The last one seemed to fuel his irritation even more.
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

"....Sir?" Saint-Hilaire was confused as to how good work on Bastien's side was actually a bad thing. He shifted his weight a bit, relaxed his shoulders to ease up the tension on his back.

"....is it, incorrect for lieutenant Prayon to show innitiative every so often.. go so far as to accomplish a full few day's work, in a shorter time than it takes him usually?" He studied the captain.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am

"It is not incorrect, it is incredible! In his whole carreer, he has done this only once befo ..."

The captain broke off and looked sharply at Etienne.

"He isn't in trouble, is he?"
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 am

"No more than usual capitaine......therefor.... no captaine." Saint-Hilaire replied. He did not intend to betray his friend. The duel was not going to be looked up to. The captain would have probably made Bastien's life miserable at the very least..at the worst, Saint-Hilaire did not consider.

"...He is perhaps just having a ...momentary lapse of good will. We could hope this lasts, no?" He smiled in a way he hoped convincing.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 am

The Captain looked at Etienne through narrowed eyes, but the corners were crinkled more from laughter than from worry.

"If that spur of good will is in any way related to your recent reappearance, Saint-Hilaire, then I beg that you will get lost and miraculously reappear as soon as this miracle ceases to work. Best unharmed, and without missing any of your duties ..."
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 am

"I shall hope not to disappear again, sir. But on your orders I may pretend so.. only to be found again..." He did not want to think of another such occasion where he would become a prisoner of either the Portuguese , or at this time, of the Spanish. Neither were a pleasant host, and he had heard and seen what the Spanish could, and would do. He had heard of stories too, of how the screams in the night were of men from the cavalry, that were thrown into the fire, while their fellows could do nought but watch from the distance.

He shook his head and glanced at the man again. "Is there more, than you need from me or from the lieutenant? I am on my way to see him now, so I can relay a message should it be needed."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 am

The captain looked apologetic for a moment. He clearly had not wanted to evoke bad memories with his joking suggestion. He collected his paperwork back and shook his head.

"No, thank you, monsieur."

He was already about to turn away when he looked down at them again, then back to Saint-Hilaire and said in a low voice:

"You know ... if there should be something ... it would not be the first time that I have had to get up very early because of M. Prayon. And if it serves to make him do his paperwork, I will be quite willing to do it a few times more."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Species : Give me the coffee!
Number of posts : 456

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:51 am

"...I will note that, sir." He nodded politely. "He would perhaps delight in not doing as much paper work or he might be tempted to pass it on." He smiled. He shifted his weight. His back was not yet perfect and it would perhaps never be, but at least it allowed him to stand more straight now, and it did not cause constant discomfort when doing so.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 am

"If he tries to pass on too much to you, you tell me. He has a higher rank now, that means he has to do more paperwork. And if he wants to make it a tradition to pass the stuff down, he is welcome to my share!"

Sourette smiled wrily, but seemed to be a bit relieved that his allusion had obviously not been understood.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 am

"You need not worry, capitaine." Saint-Hilaire would not tell on his friend of course, and bear any obligations he would have been given bravely. He owed much to the man, and that made his requests somehow more like a way he may pay him back.

He chuckled softly. "But I will inform him that you would relish in sending your own share to him." He turned to glance in the direction he meant to proceed to find Bastien. Briefly he had thought he saw him, but then when his eye was able to see it better, he realised that it was merely a different officer.

"I am doing my best to return to full... service and usefulness." He promised as his gaze was quickly returned to the officer.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 am

Sourette had began to chuckle, but when Etienne turned his head to see, he abruptly broke off and placed a hand under the junior officers chin, turning his head until he could see the eye well.

Concern in his voice, he asked:

"What's that, Lieutenant? Has somebody been giving you trouble?"

More severly, he added:

"Or are you already engaging in drunken fights again?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 am

Saint-Hilaire froze momentarily.He had forgotten about the sore bruise or perhaps he had hoped that it would not blossom until he was safely returned to his tent where a wet cloth could be applied to it, to hopefully cool it. He had not reacted when turned for inspection.

He felt almost relieved that he could assure the captain that this was indeed not from a drunken fight. He hesitated. Before he could answer it downed on him.A daft thing he intended to do. If he was to ask lieutenant Prayon to be his second, he was counting on his friend coming out without injury, but even if he was so fortunate, it would be unfair to stress his friend after his own ordeal had been over. A different reason had caused his conviction that Bastien was not the ear he needed on this to grow. He could not reprimind the lieutenant of his foolishness, when he had been no better.

"...I've not taken part in no drunkenness.. nor fights of that nature, capitaine. I may assure you. " The other's words now made more sense too. About Bastien and getting up earlier in the morining. "...May I.. inquire first.. what you have said, of lieutenant Prayon and having been... bothered on his account...can you elaborate on it, please."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:28 am

The Captain looked a bit startled, but then squared his shoulders and his face closed off.

"I'm sorry, monsieur. I had assumed that ... Please forget what I said. I had no right to mention it."

He looked a bit uncomfortable. He was rather sure that Saint-Hilaire would not get Prayon and him into trouble, but still, it had been a gross carelessness.

Carefully, he added:

"But, if ... if you should find yourself in a situation where you would need a friend, you can be sure that I should not decline you the help I rendered Prayon."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 am

"...If I were... to ask for this... help. Would it remain among us, you and myself, even with the nature of it being..?" He inquired carefully. If he was thus correct then he could trust the captain more than he at first had thought he would. He did not want to be overhasty. The last he wanted was for this to become a mess where they all would be in trouble for it.

He took a step back, to ease the hand from his chin and his bruise from further inspection. "Capitaine..?"
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am

"Would not being officially aware of it in any way endanger this unit or otherwise cause a situation I could not with good consciousness tolerate?", the Captain inquired, leading Saint-Hilaire a few steps away where they could talk more directly.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

"It would not endanger this unit...I do not know whether it would cause a situation that you would not tolerate, capitaine... and if luck is ill and not on the my side, it may cause the injury or death of an officer....... but other than that, it causes harm to noone else." He spoke once they were standing at a more private location where he was more sure that nobody could call to ear what they said.

Still his voice had become quieter. "I would perhaps ask.... of the same favour that lieutenant Prayon had asked you before..." He hoped that this would make it clear enough.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 am

The Captain nodded.

"If it is in any way related to your black eye, I certainly will stand by your side. It would be against my consciousness not to. May I ask ... how did this happen?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 am

"Thank you." Saint-Hilaire first said. He had hesitated for he did not want to draw Bastien into the fray though it was quite clear that if the duel would be on the same day, at nearly the same time even, that it would not escape the captain's notice.

"...I have conversed with a man, a certain officer Jarreau, who had caused ill feeling in my friend and hoped that he might apologise for his actions. I have soon learned that my friend.....Prayon had all right in his upset." He touched the tender flesh".. and in the process of coming to such a realisation I have acquired this.. and offered my own invitation to the settlement of it..."

He waited a few moments to let it all sink. ".....I would ask whether you would be willing to stand as my second..." He wished that the captain would know for certain what this was about, before agreeing to it at final last.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

The Captain's eyes opened wide.

"He hit you while you came to settle the details for another affaire d'honneur?"

He sounded quite shocked.

"I will most certainly act for you! I understand that you hardly can ask Prayon for this. Who shall I talk to?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 am

"I do not know yet.. but I will be informed soon, I believe. I will send him to you should you not know him sooner than myself." He nodded slowly. He knew that he had not been completely innocent at the discussion, but he had not been as much the guilty party as the lieutenant and he had not struck the other man!

"Thank you, capitaine..." He lowered his hand. He studied it quietly. "..if it is possible... I would like it done...and finished with on the same day as lieutenant Prayon. The sooner it is over with...the better."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down