Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble

2 posters

Go down

_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble Empty _ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:41 am

Finally released from his duties as officer of the watch, Bastien slowly walked to his tent, then reconsidered and turned towards Etienne's. He didn't bother to make himself known beforehand, but simply pushed his head in between the tentflaps and called out:

"I bid you a good morning! Is breakfast ready?"
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Species : Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 434

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1704-bastien-prayon#99052

Back to top Go down

_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble Empty Re: _ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

Étienne tensed then smiled. "Nearly ready, dear friend. You have arrived in the nick of time." He shifted from the table where the plates have been set, the cutlery too, and some bread but the hot soup needed to be brought from outside. Really, it would be a mixture of meats, vegetables and of spices that the officer had managed to collect.

"Have a seat and I will have that brought inside." He paused. "Ah.. and wine.. I am sorry, I've forgotten about that, I will have it brought as well."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Species : Sous-Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

_ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble Empty Re: _ June, early morning: Invitation to Trouble

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 am

"Ah, leave the wine for the moment ..."

Bastien came in completely, hands in his pockets, which came as close to a gesture of bashfulness as he ever got.

"I fear I need your help ..."

He idly stood around, then pulled out the camp stool with his foot and dropped onto it.
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

"My help? Don't tell me you need a new pair of stockings? You've just returned mine." Saint-Hilaire turned though, startled. "What is it, Bastien?" He said more seriously, sitting himself rather tenderly down.

He had decided to get the glasses, but for the moment waited for the other's mischief or laughter at making it seem like it was bad, when it was not.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 am

"I understand that it is common to send somebody over to affort your opponent the opportunity to apologize, or if that fails to conduct negotiations about the weapon of choice before stuffing his more than reprehensible words back down his throat ..."

Bastien took an apple and threw it into the air, then caught it again, obviously fascinated by the shine of the skin.
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 am

"You've gotten yourself entangled in a duel?" The officer said incrediously and stood, hoping that Bastien would still break into laughter and tell him it was just a really bad joke." Are you a fool?" He asked , his words said harshly even if with a quieter voice.

"How? Why?...Bastien.. have you an idea that reckless dueling will cost you life.. or injury and perhaps your station too!" He shook his head sharply. "...you are joking though.....yes?"
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 am

"M. Jarreau thought it advisible to say some things about the way the men did their duty and how I led them that I cannot let go by uncorrected."

Bastien seemed not at all frightend by the prospect painted by Etienne.

"I'm not joking. I would beg you to act for me, but if you'd rather not have anything to do with this, I understand." He smiled wrily. "See it this way ... It's much more dignified to be killed by a skillful French blade than by a lucky English bullet. Not that I think that it will come to that."
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:20 pm

"Of course I shall act for you, Bastien. But this is stupidity. Foolishness! He should have known better and so should you have. We cannot risk loosing you and..should this get out, you both would face repercussions!" He began to pace back and forth, having gotten up at one point. It was a slower turn than he would have usually had.

"Could you have not done the sensible and more infuriating thing of turning your back on him?" He stopped and sighed. "...I'll be your second....but can you promise me that this is not one of many occasions that you shall have need for one?" He walked closer to his friend placing both hands at his shoulders. "Death is death,...dignified or lucky..you'll still be lost to the living. " His voice carried a sad tone with it.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Bastien looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Look, Etienne, I don't want to fight at any costs. If he should care to apologize, then accept in my name. But unless he does so, I will meet him."

He gave Etienne a very apologetic half-smile, looking rather like a little boy who confesses having stolen the sweets.

"I was angry, wet and not at my best, and I'll admit to you that the situation might perhaps have been handled in a better way. But I won't draw back against a ..."

He sighed. "I've never had more than scratches from these affairs yet, and if you love me, you will press for swords - then I can guarantee you it won't come to more."
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm

"I shan't ask you to draw back. If he had slighted you, he ought to apologise. That much is clear." Had the man been of lesser rank other things could have been done, of course if he had been, Prayon would not have spoken of the duel at that moment.

"..So swords is your choice of weapon." He reconfirmed the desire for it. "And I shall speak with him and hope that he apologises, but should he not do so, I will inform you of the proceedings." He sighed. "Do keep that promise..and not in ways of getting killed." He said firmly. "I do not want to loose you, Bastien." He added honestly.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

"Think I'm a bit too young to depart from this world myself ... I think I would like to die a marechal, not just a lowly lieutenant."

Bastien had changed back into his usual jesting mood, flipping the apple over his arm, the trying to spin it on his finger.

"Jarreau forgot to furnish me with the names of his seconds, so I'm afraid you will have to ask him."
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am

"I'll ask him. Is there anything else you wish me to tell him. The swords for the choice of weapon, and to see who his second is. That be all?" He studied Bastien and shook his head. "If you would avoid atleast one or two duels, you might yet live till you are a marechal, but should you continue in the same step.. I fear I might have to bury you." He took a step back.

"And I will only do it once I have given you a sound beating." He said with a shake of his head.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 am

Bastien raised his hands.

"Peace, my friend ... I'm not running into these affairs for the fun of it. And, on second thought ... leave the choice of weapons to him. I don't care too much either way, but I won't have it said that I won only because I was afraid to face a line officer with his weapon of choice."

Tilting his head and opening his eyes wide, consciously pleading like a puppy, he added:

"I promise I won't get involved in unnecessary duels. And if he apologizes, I will accept and not fight at all. And I'll be careful. I'll even take care not to kill him. Stand with me in this? Pretty please?"
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 am

"I will stand with you. You need not fear." Bastien spoke softly. "i am with you, as your fellow officer and as a friend." He gazed at the apple. "I will ask him for a sword, it is not cowardly to ask for a weapon you are comfortable in, when it is he who insulted you. That.. and this are the rules any how."

He squeezed Bastien's shoulder. " Let us hope that he is sensible and apologises. "
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am

Bastien clapped his hands, suddenly changing back to his usual carefree and careless self.

"Very good! Knew there was a reason I dragged you back into camp! So now that that is settled, let's have breakfast!"

He tossed the apple at Etienne and stuck his head out of the door, shouting for coffee.
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down