Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.)

2 posters

Go down

28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) Empty 28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.)

Post  outis Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Jarreau rubbed at his eyes, transferring dark smudges of ink from his hand to his face, and stared balefully at the report in front of him. He would have liked little so well as to fling the wretched thing into the fire. But the captain -- damn the man -- wanted a written report of that night's debacle, so a report he would get. Or as near as Jarreau could manage. He was no scholar, and while he could read tolerably well, albeit slowly, writing was still a struggle.

He looked over the details once more, then scrawled his name at the bottom, set the document safely aside and collapsed back onto the ground beside his fire where, in a weak moment of wishful thinking, he had spread his bedroll. Sleep was impossible; between the night's events and writing the report, he was wound far too tight for that. Nonetheless, he closed his eyes, trying to consciously slow the restless spinning in his head.
outis
Commander

Species : Sofa Monster
Number of posts : 1700

Back to top Go down

28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) Empty Re: 28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.)

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 am

Saint-Hilaire inquired on the whereabouts of Jarreau and where he could speak to him. It took him a short while, but at final last he had been pointed in the right direction and from where the man had been, he was going towards his last resting place. He was tired but determined to speak with him, see whether he was willing to apologise, and if not, to speak of the terms of the duel.

He had spotted the man lying beside the fire. Approaching him from one side, he cleared his throat loud enough, then: "...Sous-lieutenant Saint-Hilaire...would like to inquire whether he finds M. Jarreau before him."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Species : Sous-Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.) Empty Re: 28th June, morning; Invitation to Trouble (cont.)

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:35 am

Jarreau sat up sharply, startled, for he head not heard the man approach, his expression of annoyance hardening to one of suspicion as he recognized the fellow's facings. He could guess easily enough what this was about.

"I'm Lt Jarreau, if that's what you're asking. What do you want?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 am

"..I would be glad to hear that you have considered your earlier misunderstanding.. with Lieutenant Bastien, and perhaps I am to hear good news, of it?" Saint-Hilaire said calmly and politely.

He stood and waited, indeed hoping that Jarreau would be sensible to say that he was willing to apologize and end this nonsense before somebody got hurt.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:49 am

Jarreau stared at the younger man. That he was asking a question was clear enough, but what it was eluded Jarreau.

"What?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 am

"....May Lieutenant Bastien expect an apology." Saint-Hilaire was more blunt now, feeling quite unsurprised that he had to elaborate on such a matter to someone.... to this lieutenant anyway. Still he sounded polite and composed and merely inquiring.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:16 am

A short, incredulous laugh, hardly more than an exhalation escaped him. "Is that what he sent you here for? Christ--" Were they children for this lad to play nursemaid to, that a half mumbled, insincere apology should still serve as penance for a blow or unkind word?

"No," he replied, an edge of finality in his voice, "He may not."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 am

"He has not sent me here to reason with you.. though.." He bit his tongue not to say something he would not have regretted, but which would be quite unbecoming of the current situation. "..He has sent me to ask the name of your second and to tell you the type of weapons that shall be used to settle your slant.."

He arched a brow. "As I am his second."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 am

For the second time in as many minutes, Jarreau was completely at a loss.

"Second what?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 am

"...His second. ...have you never fought a duel?" Saint-Hilaire was loosing patience. Was this man really so dense? Stupid, he was certainly daft as an empty bucket, an airhead!

"You are either to apologise, and mean it, or you are to fight the duel and find your second..." He spoke slowly, as if speaking to one, who was completely unable to comprehend anything above baby talk.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 am

At the word duel, Jarreau's face seemed to still, then sharpen. He got to his feet and stood facing the sous-lieutenant, his right arm tensing as though to strike, but remaining at his side, though he would dearly have liked to box the boy's ears for tone he was taking.

"Where," he spoke slowly, his voice flat and controlled, "the flaming hell does dueling come into it?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 am

"Sir.." Saint-Hilaire began. "...Insult.. in combination with the lack of will to apologise properly... with the addition of gentlemen and their honour, usually leads into a situation where things are to be settled in a manner of civlised fighting." He paused as if to decide this was too much for the man to understand. "... In short.. sir. You have offended him, and for this you are to duel him." He smiled politely. "Have I made myself understandable enough?"
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 am

A muscle twitched along Jarreau's jaw. "Perfectly."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:13 am

"Then , may I inquire on the name of your second." Though clearly, this man did not have one! "And... may I inform you on the mode of the duel... that is.. on the weapons used?" He studied Jareau.

"I shall take my leave then, unless you will have any additional questions you need answering.."
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 am

"What are the weapons, then?" he asked, jumping deliberately to that part of the question, for he had no second and they both knew it.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 am

"Swords." Saint-Hilaire was curt and to the point. "When you have your second.." He smiled. "Send him to speak with me on the remaining terms of ...the duel." He arched a brow.

"Are there any questions..., monseur?"
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:49 pm

[ooc] I can edit if it doesn't work![/ooc]

Jarreau's hand shot out, cuffing Saint-Hilaire sharply across the face. It was a reaction, thoughtless and over in an eye blink, and it was a mistake, though by the time he realized that, it was over, and any doubt or shame was carefully shut behind a mask of contempt as he bit out his answer. "No questions. Sous-lieutenant."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:32 am

Saint-Hilaire stumbled backwards, more from shock than from the actual contact. He stared at Jarreau for a moment, then the stunned expression was replaced by a glare. "...lieutenant Jarreau.. consider yourself challenged by me as well.. in more understandable terms that you shall possibly, hopefully understand, this means.. a second duel, should you survive the first!" He had been so much more upset because, the attack had come from his blind side so that he had not seen it at all until it was too late.

"Which, I doubt." He added quietly and stiffly.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 am

Jarreau returned the sous-lieutenant's glare. "Go to the devil."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 pm

"After you!" Saint-Hilaire bowed stiffly, smiling pleasantly, yet without the kind emotion to go with it. "Since I believe you remember where to find us... I shall take my leave." With that he turned and headed back to his camp. He had kept his temper in check enough not to strike the man. Good.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down