Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

18th May - Camp at Avelăs.

3 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

18th May - Camp at Avelăs. - Page 4 Empty Re: 18th May - Camp at Avelăs.

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:35 am

"No, I have not. Thornton I think has deserted," Wellesley said with a dark humour. "Every man for himself at the moment. Hunter is seeing to his own in the kitchen, but if you tell the Mess cook to set up in there he will have ample space. The front parlour can be the designated dining room, though for comforts sake they shall have to take it in sittings."
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Species : General Officer Commanding
Number of posts : 4534

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 am

Brandon frowned at the General's dark mood and wondered what had brought it on. Surely Thornton's absence and Hunter's presence might have their share in it.
"I'll see what I can do, sir, and get you something shortly." He started to continue his descend but stopped again. "Though I think we might as well eat upstairs tonight." He truly wondered where Thornton had gone to. And what was Hunter doing in that kitchen?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:16 am

"If any of the staff do not mind in their rooms then that shall be a more practical solution. Very well; tell the Mess cook to get on with it and inform the others that it is not preferable but limited space is availabel in the front parlour for dining."
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:33 am

"Yes, sir, I'll see to it and be with you as soon as things allow." With that he eventually took the final steps and made his way to where he thought the kitchen might be in this house.

He opened a door at the end of the corridor and entered. The kitchen was deserted though there was a pot with some stew on the stove and shards of something broken on the floor. After a final look around he went to the back door and opened it. Now, where was everybody and why did no one seem to care about dinner?

There was no one to be seen in the back yard either so he went back in and left the kitchen through the front door again. There were some people moving around in the ground floor rooms, obviously trying to make the best out of this place but Brandon could not find any one who belonged either to the Mess cook's or Sir Arthur's staff. So he exited the building and made his way across the square.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:57 am

Firebird was still tethered in the square. Hunter strode quickly up to her, his jacket unbuttoned, and the sash tied around his waist in somewhat peculiar manner. Only his sabre was where it was supposed to be. He untied the horse with jerky movements, obviously struglling to keep calm but failing, as he kept muttering something in russian.

Jumping into the saddle, he wheeled Firebird around and kicked his heels against her sides.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:09 am

Brandon saw an officer rush across the square and realised that it was Captain Hunter who was now mounting his horse hastily. Though something in the man's demeanour seemed to be tense, Brandon was glad to have finally found one of his fellow officers. He quickened his pace towards him. "Captain Hunter" he cried "where is everybody and what are you doing?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 am

Hunter noticed Brandon barely in time to twist Firebird to the side and avoid a collision. She reared, snorted and flicked her tail, objecting to the treatment.
'How the hell should I know where everyone is?! I am not a damn seer! And I suggest that when you go looking for them you avoid getting killed by horse's hooves!' Snapped Hunter.'As to what I am doing, sir, I would have thought it was obvious.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:53 am

Brandon halted abruptly as the horse advanced towards him. He blinked in surprise, both at the almost collision and Hunter's harsh tone. But he stood his ground and addressed the Captain. "Well, I can see that you are on your horse and about to ride somewhere. Though I demand to know why! And as you belong to Sir Arthur's staff too, Captain, it damn well is your business where the other officers are and why things are not being seen to!" He was surprised that his voice carried quite some anger. Though finding that no one seemed to care about obvious duties always infuriated him. And on top, Hunter's impertinent behaviour still managed to get him edgy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 am

'Maybe, if I knew what Sir Arthur's cook looked like, I would have found him. And I am not a damn keeper to the others, sir, though I've no doubt they are as yourself looking high and low for the mess cook. ' Hunter kicked Firebird's flanks and she strained forward threateningly. 'Now, sir, I would like to pass without causing you any injury.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:32 pm

He scowled at Hunter and took a deep breath, trying to calm his anger. But when he spoke again his voice was still firm, making it clear that he was not willing to step aside just yet. “Only if you assure me that you are free of duty to leave for the night!” He held Hunter's gaze for a moment longer, than shook his head and sighed in exasperation. “Never mind. I'll have to find some dinner now.”
He was about to let Hunter pass when a thought came to his mind. He looked back up at him. “You don't happen to need the rest of that stew any more, do you, Captain?”

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:52 pm

I nearly stuck a knife in the Commander-in-Chief, and you are asking about the damn stew?! Nearly shouted George, but instead growled: 'No, I don't need it. And I am sure I shan't be needed again tonight, sir. Enjoy your dinner.' Firebird finally inched past the Colonel and responding to her master trotted away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:26 am

Brandon made his way back to the house, shaking his head in disbelief of the conversation - if one could even call it that! - he just had with Hunter. What was it with this man that he seemed to be able to infuriate his whole surrounding in no time? Brandon sighed. He had to get dinner to Sir Arthur now and deal with his foul mood.

He entered the kitchen again and went over to the stove. He looked into the pot with Hunter's stew. Well, it wasn't exactly a meal for a king but it would suffice to keep their stomachs from grumbling.
He lit the stove and waited for the pot to boil again. Then he put the stew on two plates, took some of the almost dry bread and sat everything on a tray. Thus he left the kitchen and climbed the stairs to their quarters.
He knocked on the door lightly before he entered the room.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:41 am

Seated on an old rug, the military papers Maturin had recovered from Prideux in two neat piles before him on the floor, Wellesley looked up at the knock.

"Who is it?"
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 am

"Brandon, sir. With some dinner." He was not sure if he should wait to be allowed in, as he was not able to figure from his tone what the General's mood was like. But the tray was getting heavy, so he opened the door with one hand while balancing the food in his other.
He entered and closed the door behind him by kicking it softly shut with his foot. "It ain't much, sir, but it will warm you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 am

Wellesley visibly perked up at the sight and mention of food, but he frowned as the - rather familier - smell caught his nostrils, and he peered at the plates.

"Where did you get it?"
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 am

Brandon looked at the General amazed. Well, where do you usually get food?
"Kitchen, sir. As Thornton was nowhere to be found, I asked Captain Hunter if he still cared for the rest of his stew, seeing that he was leaving for the night. Though it is beyond my imagination where he is going."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:39 am

He thought he'd recognised it.

"Then he would be better not to waste it," Wellesley said, taking a plate of offered stew and gesturing to a patch of rug nearby. "I shall reimberse him later for it."
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 am

He settled down on the floor where Sir Arthur had indicated. He took his own plate of stew and handed some of the bread to the General.

"I don't think that will be necessary, as Hunter agreed to leave it to us." And it's the least he can do, as he so shamelessly seems to neglect his duties he added in his mind, the anger about Hunter's behaviour still gnawing at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Arthur Wellesley Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 am

"Though I doubt we shall seriously miss the fool if he does not return," Wellesley muttered darkly, as he fished in his bag to find his cutlery canteen. "I do know why he took his commission here in the first place - he obviously does not want to be here!"
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Sir Arthur Wellesley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 am

"I certainly am at a loss of what to make of his intentions sometimes too.” He started to eat the stew, dipping the bread into it to make it less dry.
“But I would like him to return rather sooner than later and just do his duties as the rest of us.” He shook his head slightly in thought. “I don't know why that seems to be so difficult for him at times when at others he does what is expected of him.”
He spoke more in wonder then in anger now, seriously trying to figure out what made Hunter behave like he did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:16 am

Firebird came to a halt. George surveyed the land unseeingly.
'I know it is me. Everyday it is getting harder and harder to control myself.' George ran a hand over his face. 'Wellesley was right. I am a fool. I should leave, before I kill someone I do not want to. But I can't give up, right?' He patted Firebird's neck. 'If I do, all the control I have over myself will be lost and with it so will everything else...' George sighed, and took up the reins again: 'Well, shall we go see, if I can resist killing people?' Firebird turned, and trotted back to the square obediently.

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:35 am

When he returned to the house he met Thornton outside, heavily laden with a massive great pie.

"Would you be so good, sir?" he asked, nodding to the door.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 am

Hunter narrowed his eyes at Thornton. 'Are you sure you want to me to open that door? Sir Arthur was rather displeased at your absence.'

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 am

His face was blank. "My absence, sir? I been out in the kitchen." He nodded towards one of the outbuildings. "I expect he'll be glad enough to have a good supper though. If you please, sir?" he asked again, smiling towards the door.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 am

Hunter looked away. 'Well, er, um. it seems no one realised that you were there. It was assumed you'd be using the inside kitchen.' George opened the door. 'It is nice to finally meet you, Thornton. At least now I know what you look like.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next