Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Surgeons shop - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Surgeons shop

3 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Surgeons shop - Page 11 Empty Re: Surgeons shop

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 am

"A new song? One from the town then? Or have our men inspired you?" He shrugged his shoulder lightly.

"Sir, if I may. I can do and work with my mare , crutch in hand. I'll promise to be slow and keep all my weight of my leg, and I'll have water be brought to her by you or another man, so that I might not by accident step where I am not due to." With only one arm free, he would have a good struggle just to carry the water, but to have it up from the bank might prove a dangerous task that would do more harm, and leave an annoyed and angry little surgeon, than it would do good.

"jus' brush her like.. She'll walk enough , coming behind your wagon." He smiled and looked pleading at the surgeon. Just this one thing. He'd try to be set in his place othertimes. Might need to ask only to be allowed out when the nature's need called.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:41 am

Rob sighed, "ye brushed her tonight, lad. She'll have ter do without it tomorrow, but the next day, ye can have a crutch and do it yerself- and organise food too. She can have whatever water I bring up, as much as you think she needs."

He carefully measured out the placement for the next hole, marked it, "Was one I picked up at our last town. I don't think I'll be teaching t'original words ter me nephews, but they can pick up the tune...I reckon they'll be liken it. Boistrous, it is."

(ooc- angry little surgeon? I am not little....really.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:47 am

(.. fine, angry Huge surgeon! *meeps and hides*)

"She'll feel lone." He protested in a fair tone:"...Horses aren't known to be animals of solitude, sir." He gazed in the direction and wondered how well she would do with her place, now that she was no longer a horse that was taken along for the ride, but rather a proper Hussar's mare.

"You've got an amazing memory to remember it for so long then, sir. Will you be repeating it a day or so, or more?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:51 am

rob shrugged carelessly, "Soon as I've finished this I'll be repeating it- though mayhap twill not be as it was first supposed ter be. We all put our own slant on tunes, as ye said before."

He tested the full range of the flute, three notes, and found them to be good enough, so set about working in the third hole. This would be harder, as he knew, but at least he had something else to work off.

"Lad, I'm afraid there's naught else I can do fer Bella, she'll have ter stay near us ter keep out of the way, unless ye want ter loose her? I'm sure she'll forgive ye a few days." He was sorry for it, but couldn't honestly see any way around it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 am

"No sir. I would not wish to see her lost." A few days were hopefully not more than two. "..When do you first go to rest, sir?" He asked remembering that as it were getting dark, perhaps the surgeon would have prefered going to sleep. He would certainly not wish to keep him up, if he were tired and so desiring for rest. (and he could be checking out on his mare,.. which theoretically he does XD after this one is finished.. ack)

"And.. before I am to forget. I am grateful for the fine dinner you have prepared.." He was not lying when he'd said he enjoyed it. A different take to the usual fodder, and even than the rabbit that they had been having when he'd first come.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 am

Rob peered outside, "Well, I'll probably be down shortly." he admitted, "But I'll make ye a bed up afore I think about it. Stay there" he felt compelled to add, as he whipped out blankets and lay them accross one of the bunks. "ye can sleep as long as ye wish ter, ye see, since ye'll be moving with t'march whether yer awake or not."

Briskly he laid out the blankets, one folded for the lads head, one ready to be slipped in between and another if it were cold. "Tis the good thing about being surgeon- ye get blankets a plenty".

he had no overbearing desire to sleep though, and returned to his stool. "I'm glad ye liked the dinner- and lets hope ye remember that tomorrow, ready fer t'dishes." he watched the lad eye the stack dourly.

(ooc- sorry. must go. be good!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 am

"...yes." Dishes. Seems it would be he, who would be doing them. Which reminded him of what he was doing a long while ago before he was thrown out by Harris and came back to have himself a fine dinner. His coat must've been soaked through and through, and further more, by the time that it had been left to sit in the water.

He glanced in the direction of the basin where he'd left it." I'll just finish with that sir, first before I lay down for the night."

He got up from his chair and hopped to where his coat had been left lying. Scrubbing and rubbing he found much of the blood to part fair ready from the cloth, and the mud itself had gone away quite fully too. Some stains of green remained at the back, but were so faded now that it seemed as if they were near gone themselves. Wrinsing the coat from water as much as he was able, he lay it across the back of a chair and left it to dry - much it would - there for the night.

"There it is.."He murmured to himself, and turned to look if the surgeon was still there.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 pm

"If that's going ter be dripping all night, I'll be moving it outside, lad, if ye don't mind." He was pleased to be reminded of the washing though, or it would be there, dirtier than ever, the next morning.

Carefully he tipped the water outside, then added, "And don't think I'm impressed by yer hopping, lad." He inspected the coat, "though no doubt ye could find something more ter put on this fer the stains, if twas that much of a problem. Another something fer tomorrer." he grinned, "how time fills itself up."

Now that it had been mentioned though, Rob was casting round for a blanket and his own bed, tired after hauling patients up and down. Maybe a minion wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm

"..I'll need to have you write it up.. least I forget." He murmured half in jest and half serious. Somehow he felt that from a patient he might soon be turning into a servant to the surgeon, if he were not careful. He didn't mind the coat be taken out as long as there was no witty lad thinking it funny to snatch and steal it.

With a slight nod he observed the coat be taken away and then smiled, well more grinned with an innocent look on his face at the hopping that Sinclair had critisized." Sir.. I nae be as good as a rabbit.. But I am certainly trying!" He watched the surgeon get ready for sleep, and was glad to wait a little before he'd be climbing in bed (or for that matter, limping out first and then huddling in bed with even greater an appreciation).
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Pausing in sitting down to remove his boots, Rob asked, with surgical precision, "If yer thinking about hopping outside ter releive yerself, lad, once I'm abed, ye've got another think coming. Ye'll fall over, at t'least."

He eyed the lad carefully, judging by vision alone any increased swelling- he wouldn't be surprised to see it fully swollen tomorrow morning, and back to normal a few days later. "If I wanted a rabbit, lad, I'd not have caught fish this morn." he grumbled, preparing to act as crutch once more. Hobbling up and down a wagon step was not the way to go, expecially with horses and almost clean coats nearby.
(Hopefully not too close to each other, though.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 pm

(Horse: Yum, *chew*chew* HA , take that ye silly humans! ;D )

"If you were so generous." He murmured apologetically. Better than waking in the middle of the night and crawling out of bed, just to be able to do it. Or worse, having the surgeon woken up and feeling grumpy for the rest of the day, just because of it. Not when he was the holder of one's fate!

Atleast the man was willing, if he was not permitting. "..I'll not take too long. .." Kind of awkward too." ..could just help me down from the wagon sir, and I'll be sure to do the rest.. a crutch permitting?" He had a point. Hopping down the step, would have him sprawling as far as he could go.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Rob stood, clicking his knees out absently, and crossing to the lad. "I'm taking ye ter t'trees, lad, where ye can lean ter yer hearts content. I'll not have ye hobbling about in this light."

He allowed the lad to grip his arm and stand, and helped him over to the lip of the wagon. "Let me down first." he muttered, jumping down to provide a steadying hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:12 pm

There was no way one could argue with the surgeon and even were they to try the result would be the same. So with a nod and a smile, for help was well appreciated even if he felt that he was imposing, he waited for the surgeon to get down from the wagon and then took the offered aid to come so himself. He'd nearly fall over, and stumble too, as he'd rather clumsily slipped of. Straightening slowly he had placed weight against the man's shoulder again. The injured leg was held higher than the ground while the other was firm on the ground.

"..I'll be havin' to do something more for that.. won't I?" He asked softly, and laughed more silently so that he wouldn't disturb any man or beast. Bella looked to them and swayed her head, but for the most part, went to her things.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 am

Rob held his shoulders very still, so as not to let on his silent laughter. This lad clearly wasn't going ter accept nothing fer nothing, which was fine, except he'd be up half the night trying to think of things for him to do come daybreak. Hopefully he'd sleep in, at the least.

"Aye lad, ye will- but only since ye asked. I'm not it t'habit of charging people more'n they oughter pay." His voice was possibly even quieter, long years of consultations in silent rooms in the middle of the night honing his skill.
They made it to the trees without mishap and rob stopped next to a wide, solid looking one, transferring his patient to lean against it instead, "Nay doubt ye'll find it more comfy, and so'll me boots, unless ye wanted ter do more cleaning termorrer." It wouldn't have been the first time someone had pissed on him, but when there was no need, he'd not be seeking it out, that was for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:38 am

"You are most gracious." He stiffled a laugh, not wanting to be the reason of someone's flying boot. Holding himself firm against the tree, he'd had his other hand to unbutton the front.

It didn't take all that long, but it did leave the young Hussar much more relieved and a good deal happier than when he'd first come to that tree. "Now that it's done and over with. " And so were the buttons back up where they ought to have been. "I'll look forward not to be cleaning your shoes." There's been another man demanding this before and he was not willing to share the lad's reason, just the same thought.

It wasn't for a Hussar to clean shoes, then again, he was doing the dishes tomorrow. How things had turned for the odd.

He looked over his shoulder and then slowly turned, hopping a bit." Thank you, sir." He grinned. "Hope I won't need this kind of assistance for long. It takes a man's pride.." He kept his high spirits though.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 am

Rob was at the lads side as soon as he turned, "Better a pride than an ankle, lad." he was totally easy with helping patients even releive themselves, but realised often it wasn't the same for the patients.

Slowly they set off again for the wagon, and Rob stopped about 5 feet from it, "Will ye want ter give Bella a goodnight pet, lad?" Afterall, he was up and standing here, there was no reason why there shouldn't be contact between them, so long as there was no harm to that ankle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:11 am

Sinclair could have as well told him that he was given free reign to walk forever on end at that moment and that his ankle was beautifully fine, for how glad the Hussar looked at his words. He grinned and he nodded and couldn't help himself with looking happy as he whispered that excited: "Yes!"

Bella observed them with mild curiosity, flicking her tail. As they had approached, the young Hussar had been as awake and as animated as if he had just woken from a long night's sleep. He touched the side of his horse gently, and then he came even closer and though he said nothing to Bella, it was obvious that he cared greatly for her.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:22 am

Rob shook his head. It was good, he guessed, for people to care about their transport, their livelihoods, but the sudden excitment told him it was more than just an interest in looking after ones posessions.

Patiently, he stood by, allowing the lad to lean on him and the horse both, holding himself in readiness to be stern if the wish of mounting her come up. He would outright stop that! He reflected idly that given a few more weeks, the horse may well reciprocate the obvious care the lad felt, and wondered if the night would get any colder, if he should dredge up another blanket.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:26 am

He stroked the horse's neck gently, and ran his fingers against the side, then adjusted her mane so that it looked more presentable even if she would shake her head and place her to stand at her own leisure. He touched her side and then turned to the doctor:" Could you help me remove her saddle for the night?" He asked, for he hadn't been able to do it till now and as much as she was carrying it without much thought through the day, it would do to make her comfortable even to roll a little, through the night. Mind, he did hope she would spare herself that and if must, only lie down for an hour or some. Enough for horses though never for men.

"I'll show you how if you need.. just.. I'm sure you won't have me do it." He petted the horse and Bella turned and made a light nip at him, but atleast she did not try to right bite through his hand. An improvement, even when she'd tried to lean against them both as if shoving them a bit to the side. Still had some perk, the lass.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:35 am

Rob rubbed a hand along her, "Ye'r right there, lad, no balancing ter remove saddles for ye. Keep leaning on there and I'll manage, I'm sure."
He'd had experience with horses, as any man who needed to be at the other end of a county yesterday would, and had no trouble removing the saddle and keeping from being attacked.

"And don't ye dare touch the ground with yon foot, lad." he warned, leaving the two alone while he placed the saddle inside the wagon, giving them a minute, maybe, alone. He walked slowly, very slowly. There was no harm to letting the lad mutter to his horse, if he wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 am

Timothy may not have asked or seen, but he felt he knew that the surgeon had purposely not hurried back to the two and had taken a good slow pace when approaching. He looked to his mare and he had kept the brush he'd taken right before the saddle was removed, and slowly he smothered her furr where earlier the saddle still sat, and rubbed out and dirt that had come under. He'd balanced himself on one foot all this time, and did hope that Bella would not think it amusing to topple him over just then.

Luckily the horse had chosen to behave for once, and so with the soft murmurs, he'd told her to be a good lass, and to sleep well that night. He knew that she understood his tone most, so he was sure to pour what meaning he could in that. And then he was again quiet at her side. He rested his head against her neck, and then his forehead in the same manner against her own head. They've remained so till she moved slightly and tried to pull at his shirt.

He chuckled near silently and gently shoved her head from the shirt and she raised her nose up and lowered it again, flicking her ears back and then to the side. "Easy there." He murmured leaning most of his weight against Bella, and she stood firm, so that he would not fall over.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:48 am

Rob wasn't surprised to see the two standing together, though was a little to see that she only tried to bite his short- and that only once. A woman who knew her own mind, that was for sure.

Slowly he came round by the lad, resting against her side. "Come, lad. Ye mayn't say ye need sleep, but I've no doubt ye do." Carefully he manouvred himself under the mans shoulder, "And if ye don't," sensing reluctance, "I do. Wish her night, now, and we'll go in." he had no wish to make him feel guilty, but more than a little to get him safely abed and out of any more activity which would further tax the ankle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:54 am

"Yes, sir. Certainly." He turned to look at his mare and he murmured a soft:" Good night now, lass. You're safe here." And stiffled a chuckle as she turned and caught a hold of his shirt and yanked a little. If it weren't for the surgeon, he would've been falling backwards at that time, instead he had only to strengthen the hold around Robert's shoulders.

She released him then and made a motion with her mouth akin to what a man humanising a horse would call, laughter, but it was probably a completely different thing, and then turned to nip at the grass at her hooves.

"Up in the wagon now, yes sir." He murmured and placed weight against Sinclair's shoulder, while hoping along some, with his injured leg again lifted. Careful enough to keep the surgeon satisfied.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:04 am

Rob rested his patient against the lip of the wagon while he hopped up himself, "Aye, ye'll be up on a crutch in no time" he encouraged, hauling him up, "and not before time either." He rubbed ostentasiously at his shoulder, then helped the lad to sit down on his bed. "Don't ye go falling off now, lad, for I have no wish ter get up in't'middle of the night over such foolishness."
but he smiled a little as he said it, pulling off his own boots and placing them, easy to get into, nest to his bed. "and keep that bandage on, tonight."

Carefully he went about his own pre-sleep ritual, folding jacket and pants on his boots and removing his cravat aswell. Finally he pulled out a second blanket, feeling the cold air around his legs, and arranged everything to his likeing, lying down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:13 am

With only one but on, he removed it slowly and let it stand by the side of his bed. He hadn't much to remove and so he lay in his bed and helped his injured leg in and to lie so it wasn't pressed uncomfortably against anything. he turned and shifted and turned some more, till he was sure to have a right spot and possition. Then he smiled and yawned with a hand to his lips and murmured a soft responce to the surgeon.

"..I'll make sure to tie myself to the bed sir, so I won't fall." It was spoken in jest:"..Good night, sir. And hope that your words become true. " Nestling himself comfortably with blankets neatly over and up to his neck, he could've slept on the ground and he would still fall asleep as quickly. But having the luxuries of the bed and the wagon just made him slip into nothingness much like he were shot dead.

And no, he did not snore, just breathed soft and even, and most relaxed. And he'd also not move much , because of the ankle, else he might've been turning a little in sleep.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next