Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

6 June, morning - Bump on the head

+3
François Sevière
outis
sans nom
7 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 June, morning - Bump on the head

Post  Allhands Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

"You wasn't the only one. We'd got him to wear our uniform, remember?" Rousseau said , glancing at Seviére. "If we knew he'd turn, we'd have had him hacked to the wagon, and running behind it. " He shrugged. "We lost good men, but so did the Portuguese... our prisoners escaped ...yeah, and for that you might still get a fine scolding and a few days in the dump..." He paused. "Though, wouldn't you have tried doing the same , if you had been a prisoner?"

"Shut it Rousseau, you're not just supporting that Rosbif's plan." Morel muttered. "No...I'm not..." Rousseau added defensively. "The kid just doesn't need to gnaw himself to the bone on it.. it's done. We're back and alive.. and we can hope that the English never find their own.. or something."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

6 June, morning - Bump on the head - Page 9 Empty Re: 6 June, morning - Bump on the head

Post  François Sevière Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:48 am

"Yes, and I still do not understand why we are so trusting when an English prisoner offers to turn his coat? I hope the officers realize it is foolish to continue such a policy," sighed Francois, not that anyone of importance would ever listen to him.

He also disagreed with the man's take on the Englishman's ploy.

"And no I would not do the same if I were in that situation. I would try and escape, yes, it is an honorable thing to do, no blame there. But to do that way...no, there is no honor that way. I know it's war but there are rules and there should always be honorable ways of fighting it. Isn't this why we hate the Portuguese and Spanish guerillas so much? Because they have no honor, they are animals."
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Species : Soldat; 86e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Number of posts : 312

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1509-francois-joseph-marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 am

"Escaping is not honourable. It's just needed. You can just as easily allow to be taken away of to a prison and hope it's not some ship you'll be left to rot in. But if you're smart you'll try to escape... I'm surprised he didn't just do it, rather than go off to try and save his own." He shrugged.

"Don't think those men knew what he was plotting either." Rousseau paused and looked on. " He did not kill you, did he? Ain't fair comparing him to the Spanish, or the Portuguese."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:09 am

Rosseau made some good points, Francois had to concede that much.

"Yes, he did not kill me and he could have. And for that I am grateful to him. And no, he was not like the Portuguese and Spaniards, I will admit I even liked him for awhile. We had a conversation even. Perhaps that is why I'm angry, because it was my fault. I trusted him. And I should not have. But he is not a bad sort," Francois sighed.
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 am

"You trusted him probably, because he's not a bad sort... who knows. If we were not fighting this war and by some miracle you two had met.." Rousseau shrugged.

"..You're not a bad sort, kid." Morel murmured. "Will just learn not to trust anyone, while the war's going. " Rousseau chuckled. "And turn out old and bitter.."

"But alive.." Morel countered. "...Not necessarily. Musket balls don't pick out just the optimistic." Rousseau grinned. "Anyway. today all three of us lived, right? We've got ourselves a prisoner, right again? And killed a good few Portuguese, correct? See, it wasn't half bad a day. Except, I'll be much more pleased when we don't all smell like rotten shit."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Francois nodded, smiling a bit at their sympathetic words, "Yes, we are alive and that is the most important thing. But then I have no intention of dying in this war I assure you. I will get back to France and see my family again. I just know it."

It was bravado of course but he said it more to buck up himself than convince those men.

"You know....we really need to try and wash some of this swamp smell off...before some officer has us doing yet more duty."
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9