Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

+8
Tom Branning
Jacob Chase
Richard Bolitho
Harry Quinn (Retired)
Mathew De Guarde
Tom Oxley
sans nom
Sir Arthur Wellesley
12 posters

Page 21 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Go down

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 Empty Re: OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:07 am

"Don't even joke 'bout that!" He made a face at the thought of swimming. Eugh, that was something he'd not want to try doing, not if he had a choice.

He wondered if he better get up and give the two boys some space. It was their little family reunion after all. Couldn't right impose. He sat down however, not feeling so well, but stayed quiet about it. He began to scrub at his sides again and at his belly.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 Empty Re: OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:50 am

"All right, I won't." He found a space near the wall where the two of them could sit down. "Y'know, Mum was awful upset you'd gone, jus' like that, without even a word of warnin'. Wouldn't understand you couldn't tell her first. An' Dad was in such a temper I daren't go near him for a week. Ran away the week after to join the Marines. Liked the uniform -you know I allus did like them - and I thought it'd give me a chance to mebbe try to find you."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:03 am

"Oh, you didn't!" Sam said in disbelief. "Poor mum. You up and left her so soon right after? Aww."

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 21 Stcsamoxleytext
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:05 am

"It was that or eat standin' up for the rest of me life. Dad went mad with his belt after you went, an' not for any reason I could see. Told Rosie next door to tell Mum where I'd gone, anyway."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:09 am

Sam laughed ruefully. "All I did was go down to the pub. But is Terpsichore your first ship? Not many lads would join the navy to get away from a beating. Not on Defiance at any rate, or they'd soon regret it."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:16 am

"Second ship, though me first was a frigate too. Terpsy's much better though. Atalanta had a hard horse of a First Luff. Mean sod. What's Defiance like, then? She don't sound so good."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:25 am

Mathew looked at his clothes and felt as clean as he could ever be, with the amount of water given. He glanced at the two brothers and shook his head. Leaning back a little, he closed his eyes. That bottle still rested heavily on his mind. If it weren't for that midshipman, he might have suggested to leave the two men at peace.

Now he just felt like a coward, but atleast a safe one. "...'s as far as it will go."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:31 am

Sam looked at the boy whom he was still calling Privy in his mind. "Far as what will go?" He looked back at his brother with a grimace and lowered his voice yet again. "Defiance might not be so bad if we was to have more action, like this. But blockade, it's slow and dull and gives the officers time to fuss. And I only been on her as long as the blockade. They fair like to use the cat, for any reason the can find. All we do is polish brass. Hey, Privy, your head's bleeding still."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

"Don't like the cat," Oxley said. "Never did." He bit his lip and looked at his brother. "Have you...?" he began, and couldn't finish the question.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:45 am

"Yours s' gonna start if ye keep callin' me that." The boy answered and reached slowly to his head to see if the lad was telling the truth.

"...um.. bleedin'?" He didn't think it was his not till he'd washed it and it still persisted to come anew. "..cat'.. " He thought of what the two boys said, and was quiet. Of the three, he was the only one who'd seen to it that men were flogged, even on Terpsy. And worse.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

"More than once," Sam answered darkly before turning his attention to the other fellow. "Aye, bleedin' on the back of the head. Right there," he said, poking at the wound.

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:02 am

"He's got a bit of a punch on him, Sam," Oxley said, grinning. "I think you could take him, though. He'd make you work for it, I know that much."

He looked at his adored big brother, a mix of emotions showing on his face. "More than once? What on earth for, Sam? You's as good as any of them others. Better'n most, I know you are."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 am

"Do yer mind?!" The boy jumped with a sharp 'Owww !!!' and the words of protest, which only had him slump back down, clothing at his temples and gritting his teeth for the pain to ease up.

"It hurts, ain't no need fer yer fingers t' have a ball in it!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:38 am

For the moment, Sam ignored the stranger in his pain. "Not many on Defiance who ain't had a taste of the cat at least once. You name it - untidy hammock, spilling a mess kid, brass not bright enough, being the last man down from the yards..."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am

For a moment, Oxley was a young boy again, wanting to make things better for his older brother. "'M sorry," he muttered awkwardly, pulling his knees up to his chest. "Hope... It'd be real good if you could shift your stuff to Terpsy. She's a real nice ship. An', well, I'm there. An' daresay the cap'n wouldn't turn down gettin' another good topman. Though your cap'n mightn't like losin' you, o' course."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

Sam snorted. "I don't think he'd care. Probably glad enough to have me gone. I'm too untidy to be on an admiral's ship anyway. But what about your other officers? Do they go lookin' to catch you in trouble all the time?"

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:10 am

"No. There's Mister Bush, the First Luff, who's a tartar, likes a taut ship, but ain't so free with the cat as all that. Mister Leat's the same. There's rumours that he was pressed hisself, years ago. An' Captain Bolitho don't like using the cat any more'n he has to. An' Mister Cartwright's the best Marine officer I've knowed." He shrugged, relaxing a bit. "You'd do all right. You know your ropes an' all that, an' I don't reckon you'd slack off. An' that's what they'm fussed about. Like their gun drill, they do. An' the Cap'n likes his sail drill done seamanlike. But he don't flog if it ain't - just gets 'em to do it again."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:21 am

"Ain't no one doesn't like gun drill!" Sam replied, grinning. But then he grew more sober. "But you wouldn't mind, Tommy? Having me aboard."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am

He twisted round to look at his brother properly. "Mind? Why would I mind? Bin lookin' for you f'r long enough. 'Course I wouldn't mind, Sam."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:37 am

Sam grinned. "Good! Then I'll... well I dunno what I'll do, but I'll ask Mister Deverel."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:44 am

Oxley grinned, hugging his knees. "That'd be great if he says it'd be all right for you to shift over. I've missed you somethin' awful, Sam. Mebbe... mebbe you'll even sling your hammock next to Buckles, here. That'd be good, wouldn't it?" He assumed an innocent look as he said it, though.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:53 am

"As long as he takes a wash sometimes!" Sam laughed. He gave De Guarde an elbow. "Just teasin' you, Shepherd. So your mates call you Buckles? Why's that?"

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 am

"Uh, we'll explain that later, Sam. Right now ain't a good time for it. We'll tell you on the way over to Terpsy - or on Terpsy." He grinned. "Wonder if we can find someone to write home an' say we've met up with each other?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:08 am

"Write home?" Sam laughed, sounding doubtful and amused. He heard shouting in the distance, a specific voice among the others. "Better go. That's me lieutenant, Mister James. See you later, yeah?" And with that he was off.

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:12 am

"See you! Take care!" he called as his brother scrambled up. He sat there a while longer, hugging his knees, hoping that Sam would be able to transfer over. Though, if he couldn't, at least he knew which ship his brother was serving in, now. Which meant he might be able to write to him, even if it would take ages for a letter to reach him. He sighed and pushed himself to his feet to see if Mister Cartwright wanted help with anything.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 35  Next