Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

+8
Tom Branning
Jacob Chase
Richard Bolitho
Harry Quinn (Retired)
Mathew De Guarde
Tom Oxley
sans nom
Sir Arthur Wellesley
12 posters

Page 20 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 Empty Re: OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 am

He could kiss the Lieutenant, he really could! Well, maybe not... that would be just... yuck. But he'd never expected an officer to downright lie like that to stick up for someone else.

He managed to keep his thoughts from showing on his face and picked up a bucket someone had kicked over, stepping to the pump after Ware had finished to fill it.

"C'mon, mate," he said to de Guarde. "Let's sort you out. You can borrow my jacket if you need to. Shame yours got all messed up earlier."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 Empty Re: OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:29 am

De Guarde smiled at Oxley, keeping his back to the midshipman. Somehow he felt that he couldn't be seen or recognised that way. It felt so unreal that he was right infront of Mr. Hollow - which he loathed certainly - and felt actually as if he had an upper hand, because he had such great officers and friends this time.

He helped pump the water even if his head hurt more and he felt somewhat dizzier. He grinned at his friend, feeling the midshipman's eyes on him and then they were gone. He whispered, quietly enough that only the drummer could hear him: "..you.. you marines are amazin'."

Mr. Hollow was looking at the lieutenant. "There should be a few Frogs arriving from eastern side." He spoke calmly. "Will you need any more marines to keep them secured?"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 am

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 CartwrightTopAv

"I think we will be able to handle ourselves," Cartwright replied. "We have certainly held our own thus far." Despite a lack of aid from the admiral, he thought.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 am

"Here, I'll take that, Andrew," he said, grinning at de Guarde. "You look like you're half done in." He wasn't going to say anything else in front of the Confidence midshipman, just in case he started to suspect something fishy was going on.

"Stick with us, we'll see you right." He picked up the bucket, still grinning, and indicated the other Marines. "You can sort yourself out when we're back with them, mate."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:45 am

Mr. Hollow sensed the underlying message and smiled. "Certainly sir." He looked over his shoulder and studied the sailors as if he had a purpose for it. ".. I'm afraid my duty calls. It was pleasure, sir." He made a short salute. It was clear he wouldn't go too far.

De Guarde nodded to Oxley trying to ignore the midshipman even as he was making a turn. "Owe you. " He murmured as he straightened up, taking a step forward to follow Oxley with the bucket of water. He held a hand out to offer help in carrying the thing.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 am

He grinned at de Guarde, welcoming the help with the bucket. "Let's go sort you out then, Andrew," he said. He daren't say too much, or look too relieved or the midshipman would smell a rat.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:12 am

"..lets." To the midshipman it might've looked like two mates chatting away while they were doing their duty. Young folk did that. The same folk got in trouble sometimes too for it. But the lieutenant didn't seem to mind.

When they were away enough he dared speak again, and more loudly. "..He's smart... your lieutenant. Dunno how he knew..why he.. but he's bloody smart." He paused and managed a nervous chuckle, not looking over his shoulder only because he felt it might look suspicious if he did and someone wasa looking. "..so, does that mean I'll be red fer t' time being?" A faint grin appeared on his face. Relief made him feel giddy, even if his head didn't seem to care for the small victory.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:26 am

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 CartwrightTopAv

That was one small crisis averted. Cartwright headed back toward where the prisoners were being held, privately amused at the whole thing.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:37 am

"Reckon it does, mate," Oxley said, almost giddy with relief. "You owe Mister Cartwright. I thought we was finished till he come up to say his piece. He's... he's the best officer I ever had, ever!"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:51 am

"He is, n' I know I owe him, n' you." He smiled wishing he could have a loud laugh, a toast and cheer to celebrate this. But just giggling silly was enough. "Thanks. Thanks t' the both of you. N'.. N' he actually lied. Called me Shepherd!" He contained his voice there, didn't want to be overheard by anyone.

"I've never. And he..I don't even know how he knew, but ..well ye Terpsy's marines are summat!" He was talking, a lot, but he couldn't help it. "So..where we'um stoppin' Mr. Semistink?" What could he do for the lieutenant? He didn't know, but this was well worth owing something fer.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:03 am

"Ask him how he knew. He's.. he's like that. Knew I'd bin in a fight without me sayin' anythin', that time." The Shepherds were going to have a right laugh at this - they loved swapping places with each other to confuse people, and for them to manage that without being anywhere in the area would make them laugh.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:11 am

"I will...but you're sure he's allright t' talk to?" He did look like it, just that he was a marine lieutenant. It could as well mean he was alright with the marines but not just any Tar or ...well Tar. "You know... I'd like t' meet me new brothers." He grinned. "Though don't know where resemblance left of." He winked helping to carry the water still. He stumbled and caught himself in time.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:18 am

"Like I said, he let me talk to him 'about that fight without sayin' names and gettin' anyone in more trouble. He... he thinks that... Well, he's one of them that likes folks to talk about things. I can't 'splain it right, not really." He shrugged. "Here, reckon we're safe enough here. You get that awful shirt off an' give yourself a proper wash, will you?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am

"Oy, watch where you're goin', Privy!" Sam Oxley exclaimed as they nearly collided with him. "Glad to see you're finally washing off. At least I hope that's what the bucket's for." He grinned at his brother.

OPORTO, 22nd May - Naval Landing Parties - Page 20 Stcsamoxleytext
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:31 am

"I will bu'..Ain't takin' me slops off unless yer have a decent pair I can replace 'em with." And even then he'd request to have some privacy for it. He began to peel the cloth off of his skin, lifting it over his head. He winced a little when the fabric was pulled across the patch of flesh and skin which had hit the wall, when he was thrown of his feet. A smear of red followed along the shirt, where he pressed the fabric to it.

"He's an odd one. Usually they'd ask yer.. jus' so they found out who's all t' blame fer it. Get them all.. not jus' listen."

And then he nearly ran smack into the other Oxley." Woah.." He stiffened first, thinking he'd run into the Midshipman again. Seeing it was just the sailor Oxley he grinned. "Oy.. m' name's Buckles, ..Andrew Shepherd. Not Privy." He made a face. "Who's you?"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:34 am

"Oh, well hello Shepherd. I'm Sam Oxley, his brother," he answered easily. "Where you goin' now, Tommy?"

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:42 am

"Uncanny family resemblance." He looked between the two boys." The older one I presume." He took a step back. "He doesn't have yer way of meetin' new people, does 'e , Tom?" Making a motion as if protect his eye, which was probably enough of a joke and tease for the lad to understand.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:53 am

"'Course he's older'n me. Four years older'n me, near 'nough." He grinned. "Dunno who interduced who first with that all, Buckles. How's your officer, Sam? He ain't goin' to go givin' you what-for if you come visitin' us Lobsters, is he?" He took his hat off, and grinned at the pair of them.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:02 am

"You wouldn't mind me gettin' m'self more presentable while you two chatter away?" He asked holding his shirt curled up in his hands and thinking it might never smell nice or not smell at all, ever. He just hoped that didn't go the same for him or Lieutenant Cartwright.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:06 am

"Go ahead, mate. Don't mind us," Oxley said, giving a half-shrug.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:09 am

"My officer. You mean Mister Deverel? Nah, just sent him off to have his arm sewed up. Our surgeon came ashore. But what's your captain like? What's your ship like?" He looked around to see if anyone else was listening before he confided, "I wouldn't mind getting off the Defiance. I mean, coming to your ship with you. I only been with Defiance a coupla months, and it ain't for me."

sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:14 am

The youth knelt by the bucket and began scrubbing away at his face and his hair, deciding that the cleanest water was best used for that. The water turned pinkish as it dribbled over his skin, leaving small trails over his shoulders and back.

"Ow." He touched his hand over the back of his head. "..ow." He muttered, and continued with the scrubbing. The longer he did it, the more convinced he was that it would take a while and a lot more water till he was clean. He listened to the two boys, while they talked, and lifted the bucked a little, dunking the water on him. Atleast his face looking more like his old self.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:40 am

"She's a good ship, a real good captain. The officers are fair, an' you can't say better'n that, Sam." He looked at his brother, slightly disbelievingly. "You really mean you want to come over to Terpsy? That'd be real good, if you could do that. I think you'd like her, got decent officers. An' they don't have the cat out half as much as some other ships do that I know of."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 am

"Listen t' 'im. Got wisdom that... sometimes." He smiled looking up at the two brothers. Oxley deserved finding the lost sibling. Perhaps he would be lucky and would keep him for longer. They would stay here abouts atleast for a while. Securing the fort, dealing with their prisoners and waiting for more orders.

Half of the water had been used up, and a nice stinky puddle made on the floor, but he still felt as if the filth seeped into his skin and that the stinking was hardly any less.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:00 am

"Shame you can't swim. Could make you swim back to Terpsy. That might get you half-way clean," Oxley said, looking down at the puddle spreading around de Guarde. "So what happened after you was pressed, Sam?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next