Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
The sick bay - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

The sick bay

+6
Cross Johnson
Keiju
Mathew De Guarde
Tom Oxley
George Thompson
Thomas Crozier
10 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The sick bay - Page 13 Empty Re: The sick bay

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 pm

"How can I help?" Raoul asked, wondering which of the two looked worse. "If I did that, could you sit down and drink your coffee like a man of leisure?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm

"Thank you, but I can do both. Did Captain Padstowe come below without any incident?" said Stephen, closing his eyes now that most of the mass of people had gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:50 pm

"He stayed on deck, but Mr Leat was to bring him below. I am sorry," Raoul smiled. "I was more concerned for you... and for Mr Crozier, naturally."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:52 pm

"Me?" Stephen looked at Raoul, surprised and touched. "I am quite fine, Capitaine."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 pm

"You have not been well, and this journey was something you looked forward to, to rest and recover your strength. The troubles in Lisbon and before..." Raoul grimaced and stepped forward to put a hand on Stephen's shoulder. "I am concerned that they do not require too much of you." He cast a fleeting glance at the other patient. There would be other opportunities to talk to the doctor: and anyway, to add his troubles to those already pressing on him would be unkind. Let the Doctor think that he was quite content to travel like this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Stephen closed his eyes, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I almost feel as though I have been cursed," he whispered in French. "The only comfort I can take is that it was not one of your horses, and it may have happened if we had not been here, in which case it is... It is a good thing that I can do something to help."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:15 pm

"No - it was not one of ours. And even if it had been, it would not have been your fault, or anyone's. You will help Crozier, of course, but leave the rest to his assistants. Take care of yourself first - is that not necessary? More necessary now than before, even."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:19 pm

"If because of my request that animal had been brought on board..." Stephen nodded, and rubbed his eyes. "I will go to bed early - a trepanning is a delicate operation, and my hands still shake sometimes if I am tired-" He looked at des Sablières in embarrassment, and then over at Donald to make sure he could not overhear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 pm

"Of course you must sleep." He smiled. "Shall I tell the Captain that for the sake of Mr Crozier the men must go about their duties on tiptoe? And leave the deck unscoured, the bells unrung, and the orders passed by notes, rather than screams and whistles?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Stephen managed a smile at that. "For God Almighty they could not manage that, Capitaine."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:43 pm

"They will at least not fire their cannon today." And if he could manage to get Stephen away, he would ensure that he rested - perhaps even had a few moments of peace before rushing back to his patient. "Do you have your instruments? I remember a discussion about what was the best way... I did not listen."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:47 pm

"I have them, in my leather bag, all but saws - which I will not need," said Stephen. "They will need sharpening though."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 pm

"There will be someone on the ship who sharpens swords, and knives - will he be able to do it?" Somewhere he had a whetstone, if that would help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 pm

"I am do it, and the armourer can help - he will need to come to help affix the dome."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Raoul nodded. "All will be arranged. You have today, and tonight to rest and prepare. "

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:07 pm

"I do, but while Mister Crozier is incapacitated I have to help his patients. And yourself, Capitaine? How are you?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:11 pm

"You do not - he has assistants who can cope, as they would have to have done if you were not on board," Raoul persisted, knowing the argument of old and knowing he would inevitably lose against a determined Dr Maturin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

"I do, Capitaine. I have a duty as a physician - if I am in a position to help then I must. Hopefully we shall not have many patients at all, especially if no one else is foolish enough to go near that infamous horse."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Raoul was not sure. Like men who wanted to see for themselves the fabled unicorn, every seaman with an ingrowing toenail or an interesting rash would bring themselves to sick bay. He would, he decided, remain here: if no one else would protect the doctor from his own duty, then he would.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Des Sablières was quiet, a look of deep concern on his face. "Do not worry, Capitaine," said Stephen. "I have done this operation a number of times before, always successfully, and with the blessing my primary concern about the movement of the ship will not be an issue. I am sorry that it happened to him; I know that he is your friend."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:31 pm

"I am sure you will do whatever, with God's grace, can be done," said Raoul. "If you are rested and not driven frantic by other demands. And for the sake of Mr Crozier, who was kind to me, and for your sake, who has been more than kind..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Stephen did not know how to reply, so he smiled and looked away, to Crozier's face. "I am not frantic, not yet. Irritated, certainly..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:21 am

"Then I came in time," said Raoul simply, and went to sit down on one of the empty cots, with a smile on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:57 am

"You did, soul," Stephen said with a faint smile, checking Crozier's breathing again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 am

After a few minutes' silence, Raoul said: "If we stop off at Figuera de Foz, Mr Leat says he will send a party to find out where the Army is... But even if they are still near there, you will have to stay with your patient."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next