Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Leaving Lisbon

+6
Thomas Crozier
sans nom
George Thompson
Mathew De Guarde
Billy Barrow
Edward Leat
10 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Leaving Lisbon - Page 10 Empty Re: Leaving Lisbon

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Crozier laughed. "Of course, that's true. About aging, I mean. Unless..." He stopped and scratched his eyebrow, not wanting to sour the conversation. Even if there was a war going on and men and boys younger than himself were dying every day, it was no topic for casual conversation with a casual friendly acquaintance. And now he could not find his way back to safer ground. "Cake. By all means."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Species : In Memoria
Number of posts : 504

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/thomas-crozie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Raoul smiled. "Cake... If you were not leaving so soon, I would invite to the house where I am staying - the landlady makes delicious biscuits, and bread ... If I stay, I will grow fat."

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Crozier laughed again as he led his visitor below. "She sounds like Mrs. Grose. Gentlemen, can I interest you in some cake?" he asked they entered the wardroom.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Stephen held up a hand with a smile. "No, thank you Mister Crozier - I already ate a breakfast. But I wished to ask you a question, and Capitaine des Sablières - Lieutenant Leat has suggested we - Captain Padstowe, the capitaine and myself, that is - travel north with you for a short time. Would either of you have any objections to this?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Crozier stared for a moment, speechless again. He stared at the doctor and then at Mister Leat. He frowned briefly. "Travel with us?"
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Stephen's face fell. "Nothing has been arranged, nothing at all - it was only a suggestion; a fleeting idea, nothing more."

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm

"Travel... with us? On Terpsichore?"
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Raoul glanced at Dr Crozier, and then back at Dr Maturin. "Travel to where, Doctor?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 pm

"North, to rejoin the army - but as I said, it was the merest suggestion; please pay it no heed at all, Mister Crozier," said Stephen cast down by the surgeon's shock at the thought of having them for shipmates, even if for the shortest time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Crozier continued to stare, his mouth slightly agape. "Uh... Of course. No, of course, sir. Yes. Yes. I'm sure the captain... I will tell the captain. I mean, I will ask him. And I'm sure he'll say yes. Yes, certainly. Certainly you must travel with us. An honor. Please." He was stunned but speaking in earnest though his confusion.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:53 pm

"Me too?" Raoul asked. "The Captain might make certain - conditions about that, doctor."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm

"You are under our protection, Capitaine, but your chance of exchange, let alone the safety in being away from Lisbon-" Stephen looked imploringly at des Sablières for a moment before shaking his head."No, I am glad I did not trouble Captain Bolitho with this request."

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:03 pm

"What? What? Why not?" Crozier looked from Maturin to des Sablières, and finally imploringly to Leat. He had little idea what they were talking about, but he insisted, "Aboard the Terpsichore is safe, very safe. What place could be safer? What better mode of travel? I am sure the captain will agree to it. I'll talk to him and I'm sure he'll agree. You're going north? We are going north. It makes sense." Already his mind was formulating schemes on the level of emotional bribery, remembering the captain's expressed indebtedness after his injuries on the Victorieuse.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Raoul raised one hand in a gesture of resignation. "Not in chains, I am sure. But ... It will be only for a few days, compared with riding at a walking pace all the way." His lips twitched, and the glance he directed at Dr Maturin held secret amusement. "And with the prospect of my exchange, my good behaviour will be guaranteed..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm

"You have been the most troublesome prisoner thus far, certainly." Stephen smiled back at des Sablières. "If you can buy a horse, Capitaine; I was planning to walk." Crozier now seemed very eager for them to travel; now that the shock had worn off civility insisted he appear delighted by the idea. "I should hate to disturb the captain with the idea, especially as he must have so many final details to review regarding your departure. Please put it from your mind, Mister Crozier."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Raoul's scowl was almost genuine. "I do not walk, Dr Maturin - I am a Captain of Hussars! And Captain Padstowe most definitely cannot walk - indeed, I doubt if he could ride that distance for some weeks, or only... Of course, only at a walking pace!" The realization that the doctor had seriously proposed that they should not be mounted for the 200 mile journey replaced the mock-scowl with a more genuine look of concern.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 pm

"Captain Padstowe will of course ride, on his own mount," said Stephen calmly. "I do not have a horse concealed in my knapsack Capitaine, but if you are able to buy a horse with what parole-fund you have, then that is your choice. And, yes, I think it will be some weeks before the captain is well enough for such a journey on horseback."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:08 pm

"Dear God, the chains would be better!" Raoul looked down at his boots, and shook his head. "It would be just like Vercingetorex - an unhorsed Hussar, hobbling in the wake of his mounted redcoat captor!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Crozier looked crestfallen at the doctor's words. He decided to try a different approach. "But sir! You are an officer of the crown, no doubt going about the business of the crown. Surely efficiency and duty, time and energy, and the health of your patient would suggest..." He stopped, suddenly embarrassed to find that he was dictating to his esteemed guest. He was more embarrassed to find that he was blushing. He looked down and busied himself with unwrapping the cake. "I'm sorry. Pay no attention. Of course you know what's best."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:31 pm

"Vercingetorex, upon my word!" Stephen said with a snort. "I would be walking also, Capitaine, but if your pride will not allow that..." His smile turned dangerously pleasant. "You may always stay in Lisbon."

Stephen turned to look at Croizer and he looked at him for a long moment. "It would certainly be better for my patient," he said carefully, "and safer for all three of us. Would there truly be no objections to this course of action?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:33 pm

"No! No!" the young surgeon exclaimed earnestly.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 am

Raoul took a slice of cake, and bit into it with appreciation. He flickered a smile at Dr Maturin, while Dr Crozier made every attempt to undo his earlier doubts with enthusiastic support. If it could be arranged, he thought, brushing a crumb from his coat, it would be much better than walking, and drawing funds to buy a horse... That would not do, even if he could sell it later. He had somehow assumed that there were horses at the British Army Headquarters, to be borrowed by those on serious business.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:03 am

"Why would there be any objections?" Crozier continued. "No, certainly you should come with us. Especially if you have a patient who can't ride. And to travel by road, you would need not only horses but also lodging, and food, and there would be the difficulty of carrying everything that your patient might need. And it can be dangerous, traving alone. And so much slower." He paused, feeling disappointed that the opportunity might be slipping away, but he was unable to come up with further arguments. He was unnerved by the way the doctor was staring at him.

[off to work again]
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 am

"You are correct." Stephen nodded to the surgeon. "You are correct of course, Mister Crozier, in everything you say. Might it then be possible for me to speak to the Captain?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:17 am

"Careful now. Careful up'ere. "

A heavy thud was heard.

"Bloody lil' brat! I tol' ye..!" The rest was lost to the squabble of other noises. Soft pats of bare feet were followed by heavier steps, and then more as men and boys were given the task toe ship the last of new supplies on board.

"Git' up 'ere! OY. Wos' ye lookin' at."

And then again the sounds were muffled by those of straining ropes, of feet and bodies shuffling to carry, push and pull. A slow drop and the men below began to work their shift, while those above were able to relax. De Guarde was panting with the rest of them, rubbing his hands and dusting his slops as if they needed cleaning. He spared a glimpse towards the port. He'd heard some of the sailors brag about the times they had in it, and many a story was shared from the time that they were there. He hadn't yet gone and knew that since the next day they were leaving, chances he would were most slim.

No less he got contiuously distracted by the sight when there was atleast a moment to spare, and the stories he'd heard spoken below decks didn't help neither. The guests were already forgotten, though the incident still lingered at the back of his mind.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next