Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

4 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 pm

" Mus' have a proper band too, you know!" It felt like they were sharing a little secret, and it delighted him as much as it amused. "Yer know what t' commodore wants yer ter do, when you see him?" He asked and rubbed his belly. "Oh, you may say so, but I bet I'll be in all sorts of aches and pains, won't even be able to smile, or what not!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) - Page 10 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

Post  George Thompson Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Thompson looked blank for a moment. "Oh, not singin'. Sinnin'... vices is sins, ain't they? Least, that's what folks allus seem to say, in church." He shrugged. "I dunno. I ain't never spoke to a commodore, only just stood to attention when they come aboard, me, as part of the side-party, presentin' arms."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Species : Royal Marine Corporal
Number of posts : 5581

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/private-georg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

"OH... Thought you .. oh never mind! " He might have thought vice somehow sounded like voice.... rally and singing.. well, he had to listen to Thompson's way of speech more carefully anyhow.

"Commodore wants you to.. .come adore'im!" It was a terrible pun. Really. But maybe Thompson would get it. He looked embarrassed and flushed.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Thompson blinked, looked at de Guarde, blinked and groaned. "That was... that was terrible. In a really good way. I should never have said anythin', should I?"
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:06 pm

"Nope!" De Guarde burst into giggles, nearly toppling over. He was holding his belly. Thompson's expression was hilarious! While he did not plan it, it went pretty brilliant!

"You really should see your face now, you should!" He grinned. He laughed again and shook his head. "You started it, George!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 pm

"You learn quick - I'm goin' to have to keep me eye on you if you do come into the Corps, ain't I?" Thompson replied. "You're like to give me the run-around, else."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 pm

"I wish. " De Guarde smiled warmly. "But If I was ever in yer corps, I'd behave, honest truth. " He held his hand up. "Though, 'um...could you still call me Buckles then? Couse that's me nickname now below decks. " He liked it and grew quite used and attached to it. Somehow it broke the formality and it did remind him of where he was coming from.

"Hey.." He leaned closer as if meaning to whisper something to Thompson.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Suddenly a voice came, from behind the pair, serious, formal, young. "What do I see here.." It said. "Conspiracy? Fraternizing? Nay..a talk for mutiny?" The voice made each word sound so much worse, so much more like an accusation, the owner's shadow falling upon the two.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 pm

"Ain't just my Corps... it's the Corps." He shrugged. "Dunno that I can explain that at all - it's worse'n tryin' to explain about bein' a Terpsy, though you got that in the end, didn't you?" He grinned. "Well, I call you Mathew, don't I? Though I could call you Buckles, 'cept when it's summat official, an' then it'd have to be de Guarde."

He looked at de Guarde as the boy leaned closer. "What?"

And then someone came up to them from behind. Thompson straightened and stood up. "No, sir, jus' a couple of friends havin' a laugh."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 pm

"It sure doesn't seem so." The boy answered, keeping his face dark yet professional. Then, there was a glimmer in his eyes that suggested something that.. no, it probably was just a reflection of light.

"Debauchery, they say in the navy..tsk tsk.." He began, but then, he could not hold it in any longer and his expression brightened, a large grin spreading where just a moment ago, was a rather condescending scowl. " What's the occasion? " He inquired and he was, friendly, all smiles, and finding it terribly amusing how De Guarde's mouth was now wide agape, bemused, stunned, and clearly not really getting what just happened.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Was that a gleam of amusement in the midshipman's eyes? Thompson thought so, but wasn't entirely sure. And then the young gentleman grinned, which brought an answering smile to the Marine's face.

"It's his birthday, sir," he replied, glancing at de Guarde out of the corner of his eye.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 pm

De Guarde was still stunned, staring at Bailey. For a moment he thought he was in terrible trouble and he would just about need to write his will, because that was going to be all that was left of him. But now as he had nearly gone and assembled his belongings and whom he was going to leave them to, and the midshipman was smiling.

THompson was also smiling.

De Guarde pinched himself because he thought he must have just died or fainted, and this was not the real world in which he was seeing all of this. "Uh.."He saluted, nearly knocking himself out with what was supposed to be a knuckle to the brow.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 pm

"Happy Birthday!" Tobias said cheerfully. Seeing that the boy was still speechless he looked almost apologetic, and then turned to Thompson. "How old is he?" It seemed that they knew when his birthday was and that meant they knew how old he was as well. He tried to recall the face. Oh, that was a former midshipman, wasn't he?
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 am

"Jus' turned fifteen, sir," Thompson said, and wondering if the joke would have worked better if Mister Bailey hadn't unintentionally done exactly what de Guarde himself had used to do as a midshipman.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

"Well Congratulations on that." The boy nodded. Since De Guarde looked like he was only slowly getting around to himself, the midshipman remained in conversation with his more conversational friend.

"It gives reason for a celebration!" He smiled. "Pardon, but may I ask. I'm not of course speaking against it at all but, how come that a marine corporal is such a good friend with a .. seaman?" It was genuine curiosity and held no malice that could have changed the question so much, had this been Mister Hollow or Mister De Guarde of the past.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 am

Thompson relaxed and grinned. "I dunno, exactly, sir. He had a hard time in his old ship, an' I got talkin' to him an' explainin' that Terpsy ain't like that, an', well... I wasn't a Corp'ral then, though, sir," he added.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

"Ah. I see. Hasn't been a Jack Tar there, has he?" If he had not, he was just counting himself fortunate, probably, but judging by his reaction, perhaps he was not just as fortunate as one would like to think.

De Guarde had finally closed his mouth so no flies would dare enter it. He seemed to just be quietly observing. He had not made a protest at Thompson telling the other boy about him, exactly, but more gazed on in wonderment. He'd seen this middie, sure. A new one, come recently on board. Not exactly attentive to studies, but now it seemed, that he was actually a good sort. Judging by his uniform, he was of a rich family. Still, it looked fairly taken care of.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 am

Thompson shook his head. "No, he warn't, sir." He wasn't sure what else, if anything, he could say before de Guarde objected to his giving the lad's entire life story away. "He didn't have such a good time aboard his last ship, though, sir."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 am

"Well. Since I've given him half a fright, and it's his birthday today it's only fair, I make it up a little." He straightened. "So, can you hold him here for a short while longer. I promise not to take an age coming back." He grinned.

At final last, there was a faintest of smiles on De Guarde's face. Perhaps, he was not seeing things. He did hope so, because his arm was starting to hurt from the number of pinches he had given it.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 am

"Course I can, sir," Thompson replied, grinning, wondering what the midshipman had in mind. When he looked at de Guarde, the young sailor appeared to be in a state of shock, as though he couldn't quite believe what was going on.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Bailey Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 am

"Brilliant." Bailey grinned and was off at his own pace. It was clear that his earlier captain was a good one. The skip in his step, the sort of cheeky delight shown when he went about his business, it could not have come from a bad one.

It took not more than a few moments, and the two were again, alone.
Tobias Bailey
Tobias Bailey
Able Seaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:48 am

"George.... did he just... did a..." De Guarde found his voice once the lad was gone and he was now looking up at Thompson incrediously. "What just happened? 'Couse, if it didn't I'll start askin' wot' sort of drink you marines get as your daily ration!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

"Yes, that was Mister Bailey, and yes he did," Thompson replied, sitting down again. "That's how middies're s'posed to be, well, sort of." He chuckled at de Guarde's expression. "You look like someone jus' clouted you acrost the head with a belayin' pin!"
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:57 am

"Does feel like it!You sure it ain't t' drink you gave me, couse honest truth, if it is. I would really like a regular supply of it!" He smiled sheepishly. "Do you think he was jokin' when he said he's comin' back?" He scooted closer.

"Do pinch me, I've done it meself, but maybe it don't work and i just want ter be absolutely sure. Please?" He asked pleadingly. "I'd like to know that ..well, really I don't want to wake up if this ain't true but a bit o' me.... I don't know. You givin' me a present fer me birthday n' congratulatin' me... a middie bein' nice.. this is jus' too unreal.. honest truth it is!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 am

"I'm pretty sure it ain't the drink, I'm as sober as can be," Thompson pointed out. "I'll pinch you if you like, but you'm awake an' it ain't a dream, I promise." He grinned and gave de Guarde's arm a firm pinch. "See?"
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next