Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
15th June: It's gone - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

15th June: It's gone

+5
George Thompson
Nathan Allen
James Gunn
Tom Oxley
Allhands
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

15th June: It's gone - Page 2 Empty Re: 15th June: It's gone

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Well, that was untrue, for a start. Thompson wasn't going to call him on it, though. He'd crossed a line when he'd accepted the stripes, and that meant he was no longer to be trusted in the same way. He'd known that would happen before he'd accepted the promotion, but it still kind of hurt, that distance and separation.

Ah well. There was nothing he could do about it, not now.

"Look, if you do know what it was he was lookin' for, he might like a hand in lookin' for 'em. It. Looks like he'll need 'em next time he comes to do his duty, that's all." He looked around. "Anyone needs me, I'll be up on the foc'sle, gettin' a bit o' air."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Species : Royal Marine Corporal
Number of posts : 5581

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/private-georg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm

If either of the Shepherd boys had had anything to do with the disappearance of Oxley's drumsticks, he was going to kill them. It was unlikely that they would have taken them, though, knowing themselves just how important sticks were to a drummer.

But he couldn't think who else would be likely to raid his sea-chest for them. He hadn't even found the one odd stick from months back. It was as though they had completely vanished into thin air.

"Hsst," he said, once he was close enough to whichever twin was on duty. "I need to use your sticks. Mine've disappeared."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 am

Disappeared. What was he hearing. He paused in mid step. He leaned a bit to the side, bringing his ear closer to the source of that whispering. Nothing more was said. Darn it. But, upon looking at the two drummers it was very clear, that a secret had had to be shared. He noticed the exchange of sticks.

Nothing unusual, was it?

But did not drummers each have their own pair?

He distinctly remembered them having more than one pair and here they were confirming what he thought he'd heard. They were missing! This was one little secret he could not pass up on being the bearer of! He bolted for the companion way and then down it, calling out:" Bobby.., Buttons, Green, Tupper..Oi, you lot, get t' rest! I've jus' heard summat nobody else knows 'bout!!" He grinned. His little discovery! He looked as if he'd just discovered a big chest of gold and the softest loafs of bread in the hold.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 am

"It's Button, just one of 'em. Or Terry," the owner of that name said huffily, before grinning. "What you got to say, then - an' is it good?" He wrapped his hands around his battered brass-bound wooden tankard, eyes shining with the hope of hearing some juicy gossip about one of the other crew-members.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Species : Royal Navy; Boy, 3rd Class
Number of posts : 1447

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/terry-

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 am

"Oh, it is not good. No.." He grinned finally settling down on a seachest, folding his legs up under him. "It's great!" He looked around and waited impatiently for Green to clamber up on his chest, and for Tupper to put his second shirt away and join them.

"Here I was.. me.. goin' bout me business. Right as rain. An then... suddenly, 'fore I knew where it comes from, I hear a whisper. It's gone...I hear. It's gone!" Well, he could tell his story the way he wanted to and at the pace he liked too.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

15th June: It's gone - Page 2 JackyFisherAG2

"C'mon an' stop keepin' us in the dark," Jacky Fisher said, tempted to give the other boy a poke to make him 'fess up quicker.

"What's gone?" Terry wanted to know, dropping to the deck and pulling his legs up until he was sitting cross-legged, his elbows resting on his knees as he leaned froward, looking up at the speaker.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:23 am

"What do you think what's gone?" The boy grinned gazing at Terry. Good. He had their undivided attention. He was a bit of a ... he did like the attention and this was giving him plenty. " I'll give ye a hint. 's very valuable! So terribly valuable to the person that don't have it like.. um... like gold would be to a king!"
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 am

Terry looked at him blankly. "How'm I s'posed to know what's gone? 'S why I was arxing you, warn't it?" He frowned. "Not 'is drum, surely?"

That would be really bad - and wouldn't he get in really really big trouble for it?
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:39 am

"No. No. But almost as important." Well, it was time to say it. "He lost.. nay somebody took 'is sticks!" He averted his gaze to study each of the gathered boys individually.

"Steal's a bit much." Mused Tupper. "He probably just forgot where he put'em."

With a scowl the boy shook his head:"Any o' you heard o' a drummer ever loosing or misplacing his sticks? It's like you or me misplacing... uh. .it's like a marine not rememberin' where they left their musket or.. or crossbelts. Or their hat! It jus' dun happen!"
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am

"Someone's took 'is sticks?" Terry said, and looked nervous suddenly at the idea that someone might decide to go through his things and take something of his. It wasn't as though he had very much, and he owned even less that was worth stealing, but someone might want even that little bit.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 am

"Yes. 'zactly so! S' most logical 'splanation for why the're gone." And he was absolutely sure he heard right. "So firs'..." He looked about the faces again. "S' anybody 'ere who wants t' fess up?" Perhaps he could go no further than their little group to find who decided to pull such a prank, if it was a prank. But if it was not and nobody stepped forward, they could play a little game, and keep their and Oxley's secret too!
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am

"I never touched 'em," Terry declared, folding his arms across his narrow chest. "An' I mean, I ain't never touched 'em, not just that I ain't pinched 'em." A drummer's sticks were far too important, after all - and it wasn't as though he really had much to do with the drummers when they were doing.... whatever it was they did as Marines, after all.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 am

"A'right.." And so several other boys swore that they haven't pinched the sticks and would swear on their life that they knew not who took them. "So... cos' we's all sayin' t' truth we know t' culprit ain't among us.. now, any o' you saw any of them others snooping around t' marine's mess, who don't belong there?" He arched a brow, looking at the gathered lot.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 am

" 'Bout time you turned up," the Shepherd on duty muttered. "An' me sticks? Gone an' lost yours, have you?"

It figured, really. There was little else for it but to offer up his own, so he could be relieved. He had an important meeting with the heads up forrard to keep.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 am

(Stupid computer's being slow tonight!!)

"Ain't my fault," Oxley retorted. "I turned me sea-chest over lookin' for 'em - and I knows they was on top earlier an' all." He gave an apologetic shrug. "I ain't gone lookin' for your brother's, neither. Didn't want anyone to think I was nickin' anythin'."

That would lead to a whole lot of trouble, and probably the cane, which wasn't something Oxley was at all keen to be on the receiving end of.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 am

Shepherd rolled his eyes. "Shoulda done anyway, if you was short a pair. Go on then. Take 'em for this watch but have 'em back later."

He would be having a chat with his brother as soon as he made it back below, it seemed like.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am

"'Course you'll get 'em back. Don't you think I know how 'portant they is?" Oxley replied taking the offered sticks and sliding them into place on his own crossbelt. "You'll let me know if you see mine, won't you?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am

"Aye." Shepherd nodded. That was it, then. He shifted his drum a bit and headed forrard, more eager to relieve himself than anything else at that moment.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 am

"Isn' it better we check that there's third pair o' sticks, that t' Shepherds got. If there's one, then we know someone had it in for Oxley!" Came a squeak from one of the youngest boys.

"... If we ain't careful we could end up t' accused if t' sticks aren't there.. or even if they are. We need someone ter stand as an...um.. t' person who'll vouch for us we was just looking!" mused Tupper.

"..s' an idea! Wot' if we take that big one.. wot' can't talk English too well. Uh.. Gun!" Came a third suggestion from the little crowd. "An' then we'll solve this mystery n' t' seamen will sees how good we is!"
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am

"Won't there be two pairs? After all, there's one pair up on deck wiv the duty drummer," Terry pointed out. "Could ask 'im, sure. For sure, I don't want nobody to fink I nicked anyfin'." Though quite what use a Marine who couldn't speak English too well would be, he wasn't sure.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

"Well we knows one pair is certainly on deck, silly. Because if there wasn't .. we'd already know it was missing before Tom's 'ere had gone missing. " Which,according to the lad, made sense.

"..if wen' have a marine seein' us or assistin' us, he can vouch fer us later. Either if we's right and t' sticks had been gone f'ore we came.. or that they were there, when we went lookin'! An' we did not nick them. So... come on, les' get ter t' marine's mess. Jus' not all of us.. couse that's gonna get it terribly crowded and strange at this time o'... . Who's volunteerin' to go?"
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 am

"Well, if you knows a M'rine, you can arst 'im," Terry said. "I ain't gonna." He found the Marines intimidating, in their bright red jackets. Mostly.

"Hey - what about the twins? Mebbe they knows where 'is sticks've gone," he said, brightening a little. It'd be much easier talking to the Shepherds than to any of the adult Marines, after all.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 pm

"Do I looke like I've am bes' buddies wit' em. Fer that we oughta ask that 'un.Who's got disrated. He's more time with 'em an' in their mess than he is workin'." He averted his gaze from Button, but at his suggestion his expression cleared and he grinned.

"S' a smart idea! You know'em better don't you Terry? Wot' if you go an' fetch t' one who's got o' duty. Ask him ter see into 'is chest! If his sticks are missin'. What say you?"
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 pm

"Buckles. Could ask 'im, I s'pose." Whether the other boy would want to help was anyone's guess, though.

"I don't know 'em so well as to tell 'em apart, y'know," he pointed out. And it wasn't as though he knew which one had just come off duty and which one was going on duty next watch, either.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

"What's there to be telling appart 'bout? We only need one ter show us whether their seachest's empty or not. I don't think t' other would be disallowed ter rummage through the things of 'is brother." He grinned and thought of the second option that they had. Buckles could not exactly give them permission to look into the sea-chests, could he? Well, if he was such good friends with the drummers he might.

"Say wot'.. if we don't find t' Shepherds anywhere's we go for our boy." That was not saying, he accepted him as one of them, just that he was also a boy Tar. "Agreed?" The other boys did not appear to have much of an opinion about the matter. It was all the same to most of them. What they were, was eager to finally solve the mystery and find where the sticks had gone off to. It raised many theories in their minds. Some of which were quite far fetched. One of the boys even thought the mermaids took em and were now playing on their sea shells!
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next