Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

1 June; Stargazing

+8
Barnaby Hales
Tide Evans
Billy Barrow
Tobias Danver
Keiju
Mathew De Guarde
Terry Button
Jacob Chase
12 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 Empty Re: 1 June; Stargazing

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am

"..I do want to join, I jus' don't want t'...t' ruin your fun, or get in trouble. You saw 'im.. Mister Deverel. He didn' approve." Or atleast that was what the boy had thought, when the lieutenant turned away with but a grunt in response. Of course, he could have been wrong. Very wrong.

"wot'... wot' ye mean that it's not good 'specially for me?"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:50 am

"Didn't seem that way to me - 'e only asked why you wasn't joinin' in, didn't 'e?" Terry pointed out. "You dn't wanna be all on your own on any ship - ain't right. Folks'll wonder what wrong wiv 'em - or what's wrong wiv you, which is worser."
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Species : Royal Navy; Boy, 3rd Class
Number of posts : 1447

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/terry-

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:04 am

"...But there's nothin' wrong with me." He frowned. Button made it sound so easy to rejoin the group. As if they would really not mind or think back on what he had done. But was it so simple or was he just a naive boy who thought things were like that?

He shifted a little. "...he did ask that..." Thinking back on what Deverel said and wondering if he might have misjudged him. "...You sure it ain't a problem with any of you that.... that I come back? Though i dunno if I'll ...be able to hop abouts just much....or sit.."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 am

"C'mon," Terry said, already shifting to scramble to his feet. "You gotta show willin' yourself if you want 'em to... to want you, see. Don't see why they'd 'ave a problem wiv it - try an'... an' join in, don't boss 'em around or anyfin'."
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:59 am

"..Don't think I'd want to." He struggled to his feet. "... boss them around that is." He added more quietly and moved after Button. "..never." He murmured and checked himself. He could not boss anyone around, would not and should not. He looked positively humbled. "...well I'll.. follow you, but you'll see."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 am

"You ought to at least try. Min' you, they oughta try too," Terry replied, though he had no way of making them see that. "C'mon!"
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 am

"..Comin'. But you'll let it go if they shoo me 'way." He murmured and rather lacking a great deal of confidence, scurried along after the boy. He tugged at his sleeve feeling somewhat more nervous than the first time that evening, that he had gotten on deck to sneak into joining the Tars.

"you'm jus' mad." He mumbled as well, much more quietly.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Deverel Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 am

A group of the seamen ran across the deck, howling with laughter at some game of keep-away. Deverel recognized the voice and face of at least one man whose name he knew. "Oxley! Pipe down, all of you, and set that line to rights!" A bit of nonsense was all very well, but there would be hell to pay if he let the men wake the captain. Sam Oxley at least would know how much he would allow, and hopefully he would set the right tone.
Jack Deverel
Jack Deverel
Able Seaman

Species : Royal Navy; 3rd Lieutenant
Number of posts : 92

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/lt-jac

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 Grace_poppy16

Sam Oxley glanced aft. "Aye, aye, sir." He turned back to the rowdy sailors. "Arright, pipe down, there - Captain's tryin' to get some kip!"

He grinned across at the two young boys. "Ever heard of the Kraken?" he asked them, leaning back against the side of the ship.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

This was Tom's brother, if he remembered correctly. Sam Oxley, newly acquired and the source of some misunderstandings when he was first seen. He glanced at Button and wondered if that lad knew it too. If he did not, it was good to explain, and so he did in a whisper before straightening up to answer the lad's inquiry. Well, he was almost more of a man now, than a lad. Much older than them, but still young by the years of the Tars. "Might've. Why?"

He expected Sam to suggest that the Kraken preferred hunting when the night was just like the one that they were having now. And he expected him to say, that Kraken hunted for young Tars, such as Button and such as himself, only because Tars loved to scare those, much young than themselves, knowing that they would, just as Button did, squirm away from the imaginary danger.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

1 June; Stargazing - Page 12 Grace_poppy16

"It's a huge great monster, the Kraken. Like a giant octopus with tentacles it can wrap right around a first-rate and crack it like crackin' an egg. Live way down in the South Seas, the Kraken does, but sometimes, when it's really hot up here, it'll get lost and come up here."

Terry was listening, round-eyed.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:08 am

Warm breeze, clear skies, brightest stars you ever did see. An' someone was flappin' away about a great beast. Fisk padded towards them as quietly as someone his size could ever manage, and sat down near to one of th' young'uns. Terry Button.

"Huge great mons'er? Y' wouldn' be talkin' about me, would ya?" He grinned easily and crooked an elbow over one knee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 am

Terry looked round, startled as someone loomed out of the starlit darkness to sit near him. He shook his head. "No - 'e was talkin' 'bout the Kraken. Breaks ships up like they was eggs, Sam 'ere says."

He'd heard about all sorts of sea-monsters tonight, and wasn't quite sure he'd manage to sleep for thinking about them when they were dismissed below to their hammocks.

"You seen any sea-monsters?" he asked, wondering it he would ever see anything exciting like the Kraken or the big mermaids of the South Seas.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:21 am

"Sea-mons'ers, eh?" he considered, rubbing the stubble on his chin thoughtfully. "Nah... can't say tha' I 'ave, can't say tha' I care to, neither."

Fascinating as they might be, far away and in stories, he wouldn't much like to meet his death in that very particular fashion. Fisk clapped the lad on the back, probably a good deal harder than he'd meant to, and chuckled a bit.

"Don' you go lookin' for 'em, hear? Bad luck." Once you started out trying to find them, there was little doubt they'd come looking for you too, he reckoned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Button Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 am

The slap that landed on his back was probably hard enough to leave a bruise, but it wasn't meant to hurt, and Terry was used to bruises anyway. "Ain't plannin' on lookin' for 'em, zackly, Mister," he said, looking up at the big sailor. "Jus' wondered if you'd seen any... And are they all bad?" he asked, addressing the question to the gathered men as a whole.
Terry Button
Terry Button
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:16 pm

"Don't think t' Kraken's out there. Not like they say. ...Couse..If'n he was, wouldn't he need a ship per day ter keep 'im fed?... ain't much ter eat of a ship neither unless he likes to chew on wood. He can find much more in t' sea... like t' big things.. t' big fish t' size o' our ship. So.. why'd he even want to gnaw on us, if he was out there?" He looked somewhat nervously at the new arrival. Who knew if he was not going to be the one to tell him to get lost, no matter what Button said would happen.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 am

8Hmm. Fisk considered that, pulled a piece of tack out of his pocket, and tucked it into his jaw. "S'pose they mus' be out there. What wi' so many sayin' they seen it themselves." Just like the mermaids.

Plenty of people who've seen mermaids. Whole bunches of 'em all basking on the rocks.

"S'pose he spits th' wood parts out after, eh?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:32 am

"Many people who'd seen lots o' things. Don't mean they're really out there. If'n yer drunk yer can see mermaids right in t' middle o' t' land..." He scoffed looking at the big Tar. He somewhat subconsciously made certain that he was safely keeping Button between himself and the man.

"...I dunno why'd he go a'picking t' little bodies o' the ship. If yer think of it. Why would you try ter pick an' eat a moundful of snails when there's a cow waiting right there?"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

"Aye. True," he grinned a bit at the lad, who, in truth, looked like he was seriously considering the possibility that Fisk would go off and swallow him whole.

"S'pose y' must be right."

Oh, don't worry lad. I might be a bit big, yeah, but I've never devoured another human. Yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:43 am

"..I think it's... wot' t' older Tars make up 'couse they want t' scare us. That I mean, younger Tars, ship boys, even landlubbers. Couse they dun' know better. Ain't it so?" He studied Fisk. He was surprised the man not only had not gone up and told him to shut up, which was expected, but rather, had even agreed with him. To some extent perhaps, but more than he would have given him credit for. He relaxed some, though still chose to lie on his belly in a way that would keep the ache away from his mind and the appropriate parts, away from the contact with the ground.

"..Many of t' stories... bein' made up by t' sober Tars, or thought up by them drunk ones?" He paused. It was a fair accusation.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:59 am

Fisk laughed at that. Aye, yeah. He'd thought of plenty of stories, and a lot of them more far fetched than a Kraken, after a few too many rums. That's true as true can be.

"Like as not," he shrugged.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:21 am

"Wot' sort are you then?" He started then in a much timider tone continued. "..Which do you do..sober teasin'.. or..got t' tot at t' palm of your hand?" If only the Tar did, and was ready to share it. Alcohol, just as much as laudanum made the things seem less, and the pain forgotten.

"I ain' gonna tell." He said, glancing at Button and then turned to study their new company again. It was not, as if they would have listened to a former middie most disgraced. And being a drunk was what half the crew would be expected to be. Hardly a crime worth the accusation. "Ye know... there's been summat in the hold that needs worrying. Makes.. real unearthy sounds. Like there was wind, just there ain't, like a widow that'd be cryin'.. just there ain't no widow down there."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 am

Fisk quirked an eyebrow in surprise. He wasn't... offended. No. Just, surprised by the question, really, coming from such a timid lad. "Can't say I've ever gone an' told tales jus' f'r th' tellin'." And yes, lad, that was a very diverting answer, wasn't it? It says yeah, I drink, but I'm not about to go shouting it to the world.

Not that I don't trust you, lad, and not that I do trust you either, mind. But mostly it's best keeping things to yourself, yeah. "What? Y' ain't tellin' tales of y'r own now, is ya?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 am

"No. Ain't tellin' them tales. S' true. All I said. Ain't as terrible as wot' a boy's scull, lost head of a child would be. Mind. But I heard it. A real terrible, bone chilling sound." He nodded seriously and shifted a bit more on his side.

" But... do yer have summat t' wet m' lips with first. Couse's hard ter be telling all t' details, with a throat as dry as 'em desert sand." He rested his chin on a part of his arm, just above the wrist. Then feeling that quite uncomfortable, he tilted it so that it was the soft of his cheek that pressed against the bone.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

He blinked suspiciously at the boy, tongue in cheek. Lad, I ain't that hopeless a drunk, eh? But even as he considered he felt for the flask he kept about him. Neither of them was on watch, so there was nothing wrong with a bit of a drink, as long as the little'un there didn't go getting himself drunk.

He passed it over. " 'Ere. Bit o' grog, eh? Jus' a bit, mind ya."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next