Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
But will it start? EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
But will it start? EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
But will it start? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
But will it start? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
But will it start? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
But will it start? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
But will it start? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
But will it start? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
But will it start? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
But will it start? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

But will it start?

+4
sans nom
Allhands
Sharpiefan
Keiju
8 posters

Go down

But will it start? Empty But will it start?

Post  Keiju Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:09 pm

First - thank you to everybody who has answered the Activity check. That is the most important part of gauging who has chosen to stay. ^_^

Now. In an attempt to bring some spark back to the board, I* am interested in hearing thoughts and suggestions from folks. Many established characters and plots have been left hanging, unfortunately, which leaves a daunting gap in the game as a whole. However, this can be worked with and worked around.

An issue that came up previously was whether to follow actual history as best we could, or to take a more creative approach to a general historical timeline. This, I think, is the most pressing question to answer. The In-Character threads have, largely, halted around the 24th/25th May, which could be used as a jumping-off point for new threads and plots if players so desire.

*I have not discussed options for moving the board forward with Sharpie, so this thread is presented without her knowledge or consent.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

But will it start? Empty Re: But will it start?

Post  Sharpiefan Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:36 am

(But not presented without her agreeing with the sentiments.)
Sharpiefan
Sharpiefan
Admin

Species : Master Jester
Number of posts : 884

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Hey!
So, I hope my two cents will help, though I'm not quite sure how to start! Bear with me. *looks left and right* *clears throat* ..khm. Anyway, as we stand we have two separate story lines - being that of the land and that of the sea.

With the sea, we have the story, which originates in relation to the arrival of provosts and the other day's fighting. This, has left us with the marine and sailors in chains, awaiting for punishment. For it, we could have some more brain storming if anyone wants, go with the present punishment, or decide on a new. In either case though, we can continue it without problem, right? We can have Johnson overseeing that the lot does as told or, hm, whichever should be preferred. Smile

So the other thread that we had running was the going to the land for some offshore time. Does anybody know if Dwerry is around? The problem of one less lieutenant at present, can be solved if we are be able to get Bush to come on land instead. That would be the player of Bolitho's decision then, since she has Bush under her wing!
Speaking of that, we could also have Allan guard the prisoners while they are at work.
This, or we can decide that the enemy vessel has been spotted, in which case they would be unable to go on land, and at the same time though the spell on land to do work would have to be replaced by .. hm, holy stoning for all involved for a week and/or without the permission to wear marine uniform for those marines involved? A random thing that came to mind.

We could also have another dinner. With the introduction of Dwerry, if the lieutenant is still around, though maybe if we had the enemy to chase, that would have even much to discuss for the officers of both the marines and Bolitho and his officers.

Again at a later time, if we have dead calm to suffer, we could have splashing about for those who do not know how to swim. The reason for it, or rather the reasoning of the officers could be, the earlier landings in the water, where the importance of being able to swim has already shown itself. Lives saved, thanks to those who could swim. We can use the 'sail or whatnot' under the feet of them sailors, as to keep them from sinking any lower than that. A similar thing could be also done , just for the fun of it, and as Bolitho's player had said, skinny dipping Wink, in a swimming pool in the Crown.

I think it would be great that we continue the threads (some or as many as we can) we have running, and see how we can work them out.

Now in the land threads, one of the running for the 60th rifles, which could go either way but.. if interested, it could have some of the 60th and 95th - or the 60th only, whichever choice be made - scouting , perhaps after a trail or even a horse spotted, which could bring them to the whereabouts of the house in which the bound npcs are. The ones, that Hunter and the French who had taken him prisoner, have left behind. Have them later come across the dead Frenchmen as well - which might have enough to talk about and tie this with the Hunter's and the French prisoner's thread.

We could try to tie Bennett with the Grasshoppers in some way, maybe as to oversee the discovery, or something (many interruptions have o.o successfully made me loose my train of thought). Anyway we can discuss and brainstorm on that too and see Smile how things go!

I don't know which the more popular decision or want would be considering whether the events are followed as closely as possible or whether there would be some room for it or what not!
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on where in the storyline, but maybe this would be a good time for making/adding new characters too? I'm thinking I might take up a naval lieutenant or a midshipman, if there are vacancies there, since vacancies for naval officers don't happen very often.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Chase Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 am

New characters certainly can't hurt. There are, I believe, vacancies for Navy and Army officers both.
Jacob Chase
Jacob Chase
Commander

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 1351

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/jacob-

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Cotton Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 am

I'm wondering about dropping Quinn, or making him in an NPC or something... I'm not very good at playing him, really. Though that just might be that I've not had any storylines where I felt he was the right character to play.

We could do with more Army characters generally, and more Navy ones couldn't hurt, either.
Gabriel Cotton
Gabriel Cotton
Captain

Species : 5/60th Rifles; Captain's servant
Number of posts : 4145

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/rifleman-gabr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

Is Finch going to stay around? Very Happy
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Species : Camp follower, 60th Rifles
Number of posts : 1026

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/jenny-

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Bolitho Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am

I'd say now is a good time for creating new characters. There's definitely openings for naval officers--we need a third lieutenant, and some more middies would be useful too.

Regarding the proposed plot suggestions above, I'd be amenable to any of the aforementioned scenarios. I don't know what's going on with Dwerry, but I'd be willing to have Bush go ashore, if necessary.
Richard Bolitho
Richard Bolitho
Commander

Species : Royal Navy; Captain
Number of posts : 1318

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/post-captain-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharpiefan Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 am

Creating new characters, and revamping old profiles. And the going ashore thread sounds great! We also have one Marine and some sailors in irons, so there's that thread to be played out, too.
Sharpiefan
Sharpiefan
Admin

Species : Master Jester
Number of posts : 884

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum