Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Crozier's Operation - Page 29 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Crozier's Operation

+6
Thomas Crozier
Jacob Chase
sans nom
Billy Barrow
Tom Branning
Harry Quinn (Retired)
10 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Crozier's Operation - Page 29 Empty Re: Crozier's Operation

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 am

"Aye, sir." He reached accross to do the dressing first, straightening when he saw the captain approach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 am

"More infernal distracting interruptions- ah, Captain!" Stephen straightened his wig. "Forgive me, I thought you were... The surgery itself went very well, Captain, but you have been told of the other misadventures of the day?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:20 am

The Tars knuckled their brows quickly at the captain and left the sickbay discreetly, leaving the doctor, the captain, the surgeon's mate and all the patients well alone.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 am

Clearly not wanted, M'Clure continued with his work, blessing under his breath the way the Captain had of emptying the crowded area. Nothing like authority to get what you wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Bolitho Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 am

"Mr. Yates informed me of the attack by the French, yes," Bolitho said, "I am sorry that some of the men were wounded, but I am glad that you all returned to the ship."

He still could not help feeling somewhat responsible, but he did not say so to the doctor.
Richard Bolitho
Richard Bolitho
Commander

Species : Royal Navy; Captain
Number of posts : 1318

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/post-captain-

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am

Stephen felt an anger rise in him at the Captain's bland tone, but it could not be expressed in front of members of his crew; nor did he want to discuss Barrow's chances with such ease of eavesdropping. "May I have a moment of your time alone, Captain Bolitho?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am

"Well done, young'un," meant more from Chandos than most, and he expressed himself more than willing to lend a jacket, a shirt and trousers to the doctor. Peter reported to the officer of the watch, while Chandos slipped below to collect the clothes.

Only three days out from Lisbon they were still clean, and Chandos carried them to the sickbay and stood waiting to pass them to someone, not wanting to interrupt in the presence of the Captain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am

Where the skin was broken a bit of blood would come whenever the boy bent his arm and had the skin stretch there. "Wot did t' cap'n need ye earlier for?" He wondered if he had guessed right.

He looked down, embarrassed, busying himself with the wrapping of the cord around the boys arm. "He wanted me ter patch yer lot up, if yer was hurt."

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Bolitho Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 am

"Yes...yes of course."

At first, Bolitho wondered what Maturin wanted to discuss, but as he glanced around at the men in the sickbay, he wagered that the doctor most likely wanted to discuss their condition. His eyes alighted on Barrow, who seemed to have been shot in the chest. Dear God...surely Maturin could help him. Surely he was not going to say that Barrow was going to die...
Richard Bolitho
Richard Bolitho
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 am

Stephen stepped out of the sickbay and into the dispensary; if they kept their voices down... "May I asked what caused you to abandon the shore party?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 am

"So I wos' right!" He remembered their conversation and at first thought none of it, but now was glad he had listened and even remembered what was said. He did look like one knowing the Tars well before Oxley.

He bit his lip a little and watched Westdale tighten the cord. "Don' want ter complain, but.. mind that bruise too, if yer can."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:43 am

At the pleased exclamation Westdale had jerked, pulling the cord tighter than he'd meant to. "Sorry...sorry." He loosened it a little more and wrapped it round once again before knotting it gently.

"WHat d'yer mean, yer was right?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:47 am

"Ow!" He yelped for he hadn't expected ter have life squeezed from his arm with that tightness. He pulled it closer once it was bound and gently prodded the skin there.

"Well, we all pondered why yer were called. N' I said I thought it was fer that. 'cos we had no surgeons or such on board! N' if we fought, we would need someone knowin' it. That's all." He began pulling the sleeve back down and tenderly over the elbow.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 am

"and wot were t'rest thinking? Wot has been blamed on me, lately?" He was interested. it was the first time someone had thought he'd be able to do anything like that, be in charge of people's lives, and this young boy had thought it of him. Maybe he wasn't wasting his time, and maybe there's be a reinstatement soon enough.

"Now don't go poking at it." he admonished, shaking out his own arms.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 am

"Well, they did think that yer done summat wrong, but nobody right knew what yer could've. Didn't even come up with summat useful ter tell you. Wos' all.. hmm.. wot'd he done ter be called? Nothing more."

He smiled and shrugged. The deck had cleared somewhat. The boats were all secured, the men that were healthy and well went to eat too and the sun was slowly starting to go down and turn a fiery red-orange colour as it did so.

"I'um jus'..." The only thing that a proper surgeon would do better than one who was not was, that the first could give him such things as laudanum - not that he needed it this time, but in general! - whereas someone else could not. "checkin' if it's alright. There, see. All done with ter pokin'!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:05 am

"good. pleased ter hear it." he frowned his most surgeon like frown for a moment, then smiled at the shifting men. Surely things would only get better again, with sail, wind, water, a full crew again....The sun was coming down, he noticed, orange enough not to burn his eyes as he looked for impending clouds.

"THey're a useless bunch of men, then, ter be wonderin' wot trouble..I'm better behaved than that, surely?" It was good out here, almost enough to forget poor billy below. That had looked nasty.

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 am

Midshipman Peter Yates wrote:"Well done, young'un," meant more from Chandos than most, and he expressed himself more than willing to lend a jacket, a shirt and trousers to the doctor. Peter reported to the officer of the watch, while Chandos slipped below to collect the clothes.

Only three days out from Lisbon they were still clean, and Chandos carried them to the sickbay and stood waiting to pass them to someone, not wanting to interrupt in the presence of the Captain.

Since the doctor and the captain were busy and had stepped out of ear shot it was Bridgens who met the midshipman. "Here, I can take these for you. They're for the doctor, aren't they?" He said, noting M'Clure still busy with the patients that he had to see, check and make sure what their vital signs were.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 am

"Well, ye are.. mos' of t' time. I still hold that finger cuttin' against you though." The boy answered with an equally admonishing tone, but it was clear that he no longer felt upset or accused the man of something he hadn't done. Of course, he must've been more sour at being told he was wrong and not having his way, but now having any way seemed like an opportunity for celebration.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:12 am

Drugged as directed, tidied and neatly bundled into beds, Three patients were treated and out for the count. Barrow was...there. M'Clure reckoned there wasn't much bleeding now, enough to do that poultice thing, see if there was a chance.
"THem's clothes fer t'Doctor Bridgens? Mebbe we'll get a look at his arm, too." He muttered the last more quietly, aware that if the midshipmen caught it and spread it there'd be hell to pay- those other gentlemen seemed as overprotective as everyone else. Rightly so, but this was his charge, now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:13 am

"Twas me thumb, you obnoxious boy." Westdale grinned at him as he sat back and stared out at the sea. "Looks pretty nice out here now, don't it."
They'd have to go in soon, get some sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 am

"i'um only sayin' wot I saw!" He grinned and looked up, debating what time it was and realising that they might have a late night this one around.

"Wot time is it.. anyho'.. ye remember t' bells?"

(ooc - I'm lost for time, but I do remember it being mentioned earlier, that the sun was sort of getting down slowly, so going by that!)
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 am

[ooc- so'm I, so I'll go with you, otherwise we'll end up with a nice long day...]

"Not fer a while, what with all this toing and froing." It didn't amtter at the moment, he felt. it was good to feel the breeze and the fresh air was pleasant. Stooping he got himself a drink for the butt nearby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Bolitho Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Stephen Maturin wrote:Stephen stepped out of the sickbay and into the dispensary; if they kept their voices down... "May I asked what caused you to abandon the shore party?"

Bolitho was mildly surprised to hear that the doctor was questioning him about that. He had been expecting a discussion about the injured men, not an inquisition about his decision to chase the French ship.

"We sighted a French ship, and being as we are at war, we are obliged to give chase to an enemy vessel," he said, following Maturin into the dispensary, " And I assure you, we were not 'abandoning' the shore party. We had every intention of returning."
Richard Bolitho
Richard Bolitho
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 pm

"You did not think it dangerous to perhaps go into battle with never a surgeon, nor a surgeon's mate - not even a lobolly boy? It was foolish, sir, and irresponsible." Stephen spoke softly, and water dripped from his nose. "I must inform you that Billy Barrow is grievously wounded. I have done everything I can for him, but with wounds such as this survival is uncommon."

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Bolitho Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Foolish? Irresponsible? Bolitho's ire was raised at once upon hearing Maturin say such things. Questioning his actions was bad enough, but to go and pass such harsh judgement on him was nearly intolerable.

"While I respect your opinion, doctor, I do not appreciate your criticism," Bolitho said, his voice calm despite his irritation, "I am aware that it was risky to go into a possible battle without a surgeon, but we have a duty and it must be done. If an enemy vessel is sighted, we must do all in our power to engage them, regardless of having a surgeon on board."

Even with his rising anger, the mention of Barrow's injury hit Bolitho hard. Yet his voice did not change as he said, "I am deeply saddened to hear that. But if you have done all you can, then we must wait and pray for Barrow's survival. And I sincerely hope that he may yet pull through."
Richard Bolitho
Richard Bolitho
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next