Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Friday morning with the Marines

4 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 Empty Re: Friday morning with the Marines

Post  Keiju Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 am

Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 FoleyAv

"Ain't much else needs doin', that's important," Foley replied. "Finish tidyin' up his cabin, sew up his other coat, and see to our own kit."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Friday morning with the Marines - Page 15 Empty Re: Friday morning with the Marines

Post  Tom Oxley Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 am

Well, that was good then, especially if he wasn't going to come under the officer's personal supervision - well, apart from at dinner, he wasn't. "What'd he do to his other coat?" he asked, curious, wishing he'd brought something up topside apart from just his crossbelt.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am

"Caught the sleeve on somethin'," Foley answered. "Neat little tear in it, just on the seam. Ain't hard to set right, really."

McEwen made a face. "For our own jackets, maybe. Dunno's I wanna try sewin' an officer's!"
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

"Me neither," Oxley agreed. Officers' jackets were so bright, after all. They must cost a fortune - and Oxley was sure to make things worse rather than better, if he was told to repair one.

He twisted his fingers together for a moment. "Don't you... Don't you mind bein' a officer's steward, though, Mikey? Havin' to look after Mister Cartwright's stuff as well as your own? You must be awful busy alla the time when you... when there ain't someone like me bin tole to help you."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 am

The steward shrugged. "Ain't so bad. Just takes some careful balancin' of time, is all. I still stand watches like everybody else, and all the rest. Balancin' time and knowin' how to get both our kits looked after at once."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 am

"For sure I couldn't do it." Oxley shifted till he was sitting cross-legged, and looked down at the crossbelt in his lap. He really should have brought something else up here to do. He tapped the deck idly, grinning as he realised he was beating 'Quarters' on the deck planking. His wrist still ached, a little, though it wasn't as bad as he'd thought it was going to be. It wasn't so noticeable as his black eye, either. That was going to last for a bit.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Wed May 12, 2010 2:31 am

"Just takes practise," Foley told him. He looked idly up at the sky and shrugged. "C'mon. It's near enough time we was going back below. Still got work to do, boyo. Unlike the rest of you lot."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Mon May 31, 2010 11:21 pm

(OOC - Oops. Embarassed )

Oxley gathered his things together and scrambled up. Today was turning out to be easy, but there was a thought in the back of his mind that it shouldn't be, especially in comparison with the brat De Guarde's, because they were both being punished for that same thing. He just wasn't sure when the hammer would fall, and it was making him a little nervous.

Though he was going to be waiting table for Mister Cartwright later, and that wasn't going to be as easy as helping Foley with the officer's laundry had been.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:03 am

There was that coat still in need of mending, and the cabin would want tidying again. Some day, he'd get his officer trained so he didn't turn the cramped little space into a mess every time he was in it. Foley clattered down the ladder with deliberate noise and was rewarded by an annoyed bark from Shriver, who had, apparently, just finished scrubbing the worn steps. Served the idiot right, didn't it?

"Now that, boyo," Foley commented as he ducked into the wardroom, "is as fine a sight as ever I've seen. Never knew a messdeck could shine so, eh?"
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 am

Oxley hurried down the ladder, careful not to miss his footing. He tried not to grin when he realised Shriver had just finished scrubbing it. Oops. He looked around. The messdeck didn't look any different to usual in his opinion, apart from all the sea-chests that were pushed to the sides of the ship.

"Does look good, Mikey," he said, and dodged the scrubbing brush that Shriver threw in his direction.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 am

Foley snorted a laugh when the scrubbing brush went sailing past. "Guess he ain't appreciative that we noticed his hard work!"

Behind them, Corporal Johnson could be heard snapping irritably at Shriver for being an idiot.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am

"He don't like me much anyhow," Oxley said. "Shifted me mess an' hammock space 'cause of him, a few months gone." And it had been a bit of a pain to arrange that because, while the men were entitled to change their messes every month, boys weren't.

He shrugged. "I was comin' off duty and he thought I was in his way so he took a swing at me and knocked me inta the damn mast." He indicated the thick mainmast where it passed through the deck. "Hit the mast with me shoulder an' ended up hardly bein' able to wear me crossbelt without the drum clipped to it, even." He glanced at Foley with a wry grin. "He's a mean sod, Shriver is. I jus' try to stay outta his way, these days. If I can."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm

"Aye, I can see him doin' that. Brainless brute that he is." Foley ducked into his officer's cabin and sighed. "Be nice if he learned to tidy up after himself better, even a little."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 am

Oxley shrugged. "He's an officer, ain't he? Don't need to tidy up after hisself 'cause he's got you to do it for him." He glanced around the tiny cabin, which was still far more space than he himself had. "His stuff ain't gettin' in anyone else's way in here, after all. Not like it would if it was you or me, out there." He indicated the messdeck at large with his thumb.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 am

"True," the steward admitted. "But he's said more'n once how he wants to make an effort at it. I'd just wish he'd go and actually do it."

Despite his grumbling, he stooped to retrieve a dampened shirt that had somehow found its way back onto the deck. Some day, he'd get his officer properly trained!
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 am

The drummer grinned. "You nag at him often enough, he'll sort hisself out, if only to get you shurrup," he said, and looked around. "You said summat 'bout his other jacket needin' lookin' at? Don't s'pose there's anythin' I can do to help."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 am

"Thought about that," Foley said thoughtfully. "Might try it. But aye, he's got a jacket needs sewin'. Got a tear in the sleeve."

He folded the damp shirt loosely and set it aside, then moved to fish out his canvas-wrapped sewing kit from the sea-chest. "If you're a good hand with a needle, you're more'n welcome to it."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am

"I can try," Oxley said doubtfully. "Though it mightn't be quite as good as you do it, of course." He shrugged apologetically. "I'll do me best, though."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:37 am

Foley offered the little canvas bundle. "Can't ask a lad for more'n that. It ain't a very great tear neither."

It helped too that the tear was on the underside of the sleeve. The stitching could end up being the worst in the world and it would not matter as much.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 am

"You... you sure?" Oxley asked, nervously accepting the little bundle of sewing implements. "I mean... it's an officer's coat an' all." And thus of a far finer quality than he was used to.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:54 am

"Aye. Just think of it like it's a shirt you're patchin' up. Mind where you put the needle an' it'll be fine."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 am

"If you's sure," Oxley repeated, settling down on the deck and folding his legs. He didn't want to get the Lieutenant's expensive jacket dirty, after all. He bit a length of thread off the reel and concnetrated on threading the needle, before bending his head over the jacket, nervous about doing something awful to it by mistake.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 am

Foley grinned as he set to work tidying up the cabin. Again. "Worst can happen is you do a crooked stitch," he said lightly.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:55 am

"Mhm," Oxley said, wishing he was better at sewing. Getting his own uniform repaired badly paled in comparison with possibly ruining the Lieutenant's jacket. Though if it went wrong, he could always pull it out and re-do it.

"Here, how's this look?" he asked after a few minutes, holding it out for Foley to inspect.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 am

"Well done, boyo," the steward told him after looking the stitches over. "That'll hold, 'less he goes catchin' his sleeve on somethin' again."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next