Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

TD - 15th Hussars HQ

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

TD - 15th Hussars HQ - Page 4 Empty Re: TD - 15th Hussars HQ

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 pm

'I see. Probably one of the officers' then'. He still was not clear on this point and he wanted to know all the details. 'You don't know which one, do you?'

Last edited by Captain George Hunter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:03 pm

"Of the regiment, sir. Not an officer's.." He shook his head. He wouldn't dare to imagine he had ridden an officer's horse. "I do not know her origins, though I suspect she has been collected in Portugal. She does not look as any of our horses." Well a bit of knowledge he could pledge to know as a Hussar obviously.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:19 pm

'Ah, I see'. Well, he thought, she probably would not be kept with the 'herd' so to speak rather then stabled with the officer's mounts. He did not know how to reassure Willoughby: the boy would undoubtedly reject his offer. He would have to simply put it before him when the deed was done. If it was done. If he managed to pull it off without getting his neck in the noose.

George squeezed Timothy's shoulder in what was hopefully a reassuring gesture. 'Don't worry. I am sure you'll see her again'.

Last edited by Captain George Hunter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Timothy gave Hunter a smile that was one knowing. A kind word that he knew would be impossible unless of course he came to see the horses or happen to see her used and in action while other horses were killed. Still he nodded and smiled as if the word held any prophetic value.

"How is your Firebird, sir? In good health and full strength, I hope?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 pm

'Yes, thank you. She is probably harassing the hell out of whoever is on stable duty. She does not like being cooped up'. The boy obviously did not believe his words about Bella. Christ, the boy had to have some distraction, or he'll probably be brooding about the court martials.

'Can you read?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 pm

"Uh...Yes, sir. " He smiled at the thought of Firebird not being too kind with the poor men that had to take care of officer's horses.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:03 am

'Good'. Hunter got up and strode to the door, rapping on it sharply. There was the sound of key turning and the Sergeant looked in.
'Yes, sir?'
'Be so kind as to have someone fetch my servant. He is lounging outside now'. Sergeant nodded and disappeared.

A few minutes later the door opened and Fernao stepped in. George addressed him in Portuguese.
'Do you remember the book I had in my saddle bag earlier today?'
'Yes, its still there'. The boy patted the saddlebag he took off Firebird before leaving her in the stables.

George took the saddlebag, and got out a hefty book. Then sending Fernao away, he sat back down on the bed by Timothy and handed him the book. The cover said 'One thousand and one nights'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 am

Willoughby looked to the book, before carefully taking it. "Sir?" His voice carried the unspoken question. He looked surprised and a good deal confused. Did he want that he reads him now?

He glanced briefly at the cover, to read its title, then looked back to Hunter.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 am

'It is a great book. I loved it as a boy for all the adventure in it. I love it as a man for everything else. It is a copy my mother gave me when I was going away to Portugal'. He paused. 'You have to time to while away. It will help you pass it'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 am

Willoughby looked at the book and held it tenderly in his hand. He was stunned by the trust that Hunter was giving him with something that he surely held precious to his heart. He bowed his head in respect, then smiled politely at the man.

"I am undeserving of such kindness, sir. " He spoke. A way to pass time. It would keep his nerves contained though he wondered how his superiors would react to the ways that were to make himself feel more at ease. He hoped that they were satisfied with him solely locked as he were, and already afraid of his future. He could have written now, requested paper and pen. Sent a letter to his grandfather, yet he would not do it. He was a trooper and thus he would not play a coward when it counted.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 am

'Nonsense. After all the bad luck you've had, you are certainly deserving of more kindness than just a book. Besides, it'll keep your mind occupied. No sense in brooding, is there'. George got up and walked to the window.

After looking out of it, he turned around. 'One of the stories there is called 'The Ebony Horse'. It is a horse that carried Prince of Persia on his adventures. She could fly towards the Sun, or a distance of one year in a single day. As a boy I dreamt of having a horse like that. A horse that could take you anywhere'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 am

"If our cavalry had such horses, there wouldn't be a war not won... nor a path not taken." He smiled at the thought. A mystical horse that crossed lands like that. Not even horsemen could have imagined one such.

"Thank you sir. ...I do not know how I may repay you,.." As trooper money was quite out of the question. He smiled and held the book carefully in his hands, so that no harm would come to it while it was in his keep. "I shall have it." He nodded to the book:" returned as quickly as you shall desire to read it.. or as soon, as my... trials are begun."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

'Return it once you've finished it'. Lost for anything else to add, George rubbed the hilt of his guardless sabre absent-mindedly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 am

Willoughby nodded in response. He looked at the book, had a short glance at the first page. He looked up in time that the strange weapon was brought to his view. It wasn't like the ones he was used to. Not the design, the length nor the small details that stood out. Such one being that it had no guard but instead a large curved pommel. He leaned a bit, tilting his head to the side, as he strained to see the weapon in better detail.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 am

George noticed the lad looking at his weapon with interest. He drew it out of the scabbard.

The weapon looked like a cross between a straight sword and a sabre. The blade was slighly curved and double-edged.

He handed the weapon to Timothy.
'This is called a shashka'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:15 am

"Shashka?" He asked and accepted the weapon carefully from Hunter. He studied its blade, feeling a finger along the edge. He had little doubt of it's sharpness as officers were certain to have their equipment always in the best order. Shyly he weighed the sabre, while holding it by the handle. As expected it wasn't as heavy as the straight sword, or some of the blades he had the privilege of carrying.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 am

'Yes. An Eastern blade favoured by the Russian Cossacks, horsemen like you. You see, it's construction allows it to be effective for both slashing and thrusting. However, generally you strike with the part of the blade closest to the hilt and the pull on it, increasing the cutting action'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 am

"I see. How ...may I ask, sir.. have you acquired one such weapon?" Though Hunter could well have been a collector of swords and sabres, or have one personally made just for him. He was an officer and seemed certainly wealthy enough that he could afford it.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 am

George smiled: this question was bound to be asked. 'I have served with the Cossacks for over two years in the steppes of Crimea. At the beginning a carried nought but an old sabre of my grandfather. When I proved myself by killing a bashibazouk, our commanding officer gave this to me.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 am

He looked up with interested, the sword still held and studied, though perhaps for the moment only held in his hands. "Sir,... can you ..tell me more of your "He paused searching for the correct word:" adventures in the war?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:59 am

George sat down on the bed again. 'Well, can't say I had many adventures. Not in this war, at least.' He paused, collecting his thoughts. 'When I was twelve my mother took me to live to her father's estate not far from Minsk, which is a city in Russian part of Poland. Two years later I ran away to join Cossacks in Crimea. Of course, they laughed at me at first. There I was a scrawny lad with a rusty sabre, who did not know anything about real fighting. Somehow I convinced them to let me stay.

One day we were on our way to join another troop and we were attacked by bashibazouks, who are the fearsome Irregular troops of the Turks. It is better to die than be taken prisoner by them. While we fought, I fell off my horse, and a bashibazouk dismounted to kill me off. He pressed his sword against my throat and laughed. I managed to stab him in the foot with a boot knife and then run him trough with my old sabre'.

After that I became a real soldier and our commander gave me this weapon as proof of that'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:08 am

"How did you come to serve under Sir Arthur?.. General Wellesley?" He asked, impressed by the story, of which he understood the feelings and emotions in some. Running away, did not look too ... foreign to him after all. Atleast the part of running away from his parents, for he had never and never wanted to desert the army.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 am

George frowned. 'That I do not know. I was lounging about with my regiment in England and then I get the orders that I am to be his new aide-de-camp.' Suddenly he slapped his own forehead. 'Damn it, I've yet to do my punishment'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 am

"Your punishment sir?" That startled him. What had Hunter done, that would secure him a punishment? He atleast was certain that as an officer he was exempt from flogging, though he could indeed have lost rank. Since he still carried on him, the colours of captain, the later did not happen.

Of course, officers were often no better than the soldiers, they only got away with more. Not that he would dare say that out loud. Instead he smiled, held the sword, hilt first to Hunter, and waited for the man to answer. It was after a moment that he'd felt dread he might have stuck his nose into things that did not concern him and that Hunter bight see the cheek and consider it going too far.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:24 am

George grinned. 'Yes, you see my servant picked up a kitten in Pombal, thinking it abandoned. This morning however, a man came for it: the kitten belonged to his niece. So, my punishment is to write 'I will not steal little girl's kittens' a hundred times by tomorrow morning'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next