Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

6th night, 95th camp

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

6th night, 95th camp - Page 3 Empty Re: 6th night, 95th camp

Post  Richard Sharpe Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Captain George Hunter wrote:Hunter laughed 'I'd dearly love to see him bite the General. Well, if you think of something I can turn my hand to, let me know. I'd be grateful. And pass my compliments to your men for volunteering, if indeed it is volunteering'. Hunter looked at Sharpe's battered jacket wistfully: he'd much rather wearing something like that if it ment fighting. 'Erm, lieutenant, you wouldn't mind if I joined you and your men from time to time? I suspect it is rather horrible being an ADC'. Hunter hoped that darkness covered up his blush.

"You might have trouble keepin' up wi' us," Sharpe said, and shrugged. "Up to you, o' course. I can't stop you doin' what you want. Though if you want to join my men f'r owt, I'm the rankin' officer."

He was not going to let some ADC come swanning in and taking over command of his men. He couldn't quite understand why the redcoat would want to, either, although he'd all but given up of trying to understand how the gentry thought, and what they saw as entertainment. If one of his lads got hurt because some bloody gentleman wanted entertaining, he was going to give the man responsible a piece of his mind.
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Species : 95th Rifles; Lieutenant
Number of posts : 2686

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/lieutenant-ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 pm

'Oh, God, I am sorry, Liuetenant, I did not mean join as in march with you, I meant on breaks, or at camp. I am afraid I will not be making friends with the other ADCs'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sharpe Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:33 pm

"Dunno why you'd want to, but that's fine with me. Just don't expect the talk to be owt like you'd hear in the Mess." And of course, that would mean he'd be left to play host, something he had no idea how to do as far as other officers were concerned. Well, he'd get 95th hospitality, and like it. Sharpe did not want to become a dandified fop and have no more intelligent conversation than discussing horses and the weather.

"Just don't go upsettin' the ADCs, you might need 'em one day," he said. "Always have as many friends as you can. If you can't make friends, at least stay on speakin' terms wi' them."
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Hunter sensed the hostility in Sharpe's voice and realised that the 'ranker' probably thought that his interest in Sharpe's company was scientific. He let his aristocratic mask slip down. 'I don't expect you to talk to me as if we were in the mess, that's exactly the point. And I don't expect you to treat me with any special consideration. I am, first of all, a soldier or at least I was until this blasted posting came along. Although, if you do not want me here then tell me so openly, please'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sharpe Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Sharpe grinned. "You'd be in the wrong place for special considerations, sir. If it's soldierin' you want, you're more'n welcome to stop by. Though that red coat of yours'll stick out like a sore thumb with our green."

He really wasn't sure what they'd discuss, but hopefully it would be something intelligent, especially considering the officer wanted to be thought of as a soldier rather than one of those usual nincompoops that Wellesley usually had for his ADCs. Sharpe never liked going near Army Headquarters; he knew everyone there looked down their noses at him for being what he was. Maybe this was the one ADC who would be able to see past all that. Interesting thought...
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Hunter grinned back. 'I don't mind sticking out as long as I am enjoying myself. And I am very grateful to you for accepting me: the only one on staff who knows about soldiering is the General and he isn't going to deing me with talking. Well, I think I'd better go, before I am missed' Hunter grimaced remembering his earlier encounter with Wellesley. 'Good night. liuetenant'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sharpe Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 pm

"'Night, sir. You don't want to get the General riled, if you can help it, after all." He nodded civilly to the Captain and turned back to rejoin the others around the fire.
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Perkins Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 am

Mícheál Carty wrote:Carty smiled. "Thanks, Ben." He sighed. "I dun' know... I mean, I know it is good thing, yes, because we are soldiers, and soldiers kill Frenchmans, but there is prisoner, and he is only older than you and I, and I kill his Harris, or his Cooper, or his Sergeant Harper. I makes me feel sad in my heart, because one day a Frenchman kill our mens too."

"Not if we kill them first," Perkins replied lightly. "And don't you worry. We will."
Ben Perkins
Ben Perkins
Midshipman

Species : 95th Rifles
Number of posts : 379

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/ben-perkins-t

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3