Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball

+4
Allhands
Edward Torrington
Timothy Willoughby
John Vickery
8 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 Empty Re: 3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball

Post  Timothy Willoughby Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Having been a few steps ahead Willoughby still managed to hear his name and listen to part of the question so he turned briefly to answer it. "I think that is a splendid and a rather scientific approach to it." He grinned. "I look forward to committing my violin to this, but I beg of you to not judge my skills of playing by the sound of the pitch. I will assure you I will probably make it far less pleasant than the actual music that can be got from the instrument. And certainly not with a melody!" With that he bowed slightly and hurried after James who had now gotten ahead of him.

Once he caught up with the man he spoke up in a rather quieter tone:" I have noticed you've been partial to gain the attention of my Cousin, lady Anne...and should I have misjudged it, tell me now.." He paused, his eyes firmly locked on James to not miss that initial reaction which could be more telling than any words after it.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball - Page 15 Empty Re: 3rd October 1814, All the Gaiety of a Ball

Post  Edward Torrington Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

"She is a very pleasant young lady, and it has been an honour and great pleasure to make her aquintance!", James replied neutrally. He returned the gaze with a clear, but cautious one of his own. While he had indeed found the young girl very good company, he would not let himself get tricked into any compromising statements before he was sure he wanted to live with the consequences.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Species : Royal Engineer Captain
Number of posts : 1854

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1673-edward-lord-torringto

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 am

"I will want to know of your intentions with her.." Willoughby began in the same tone. "And am warnning you now that, should you do something that will hurt her, I shall make personally certain that you will regret it." He did not need to explain what he would do. He was a Lord, his grandfather and Earl with many acquaintances. Yet it was not only that, Willoughby had dueled before and would, if necessary to defend his cousin's honour, do so again.

This talk though was more to intimidate James a little. He had not found fault yet with him, but wished to see more before making the very final opinion of the man.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Isabella Walham Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 am

James raised an eyebrow, the relation to the Earl of Gleve for a moment very prominent.

"Should I ever hurt a lady, you can be assured that I will regret it quite without your help."
Isabella Walham
Isabella Walham
Ship's Cook

Species : Lady
Number of posts : 116

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t2228-lady-isabella-walham#

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:14 am

"Well indeed, if it were any other lady you would probably have to deal with a gentleman of relation to her., whether that may be her brother, cousin or some other close relation." He studied James for a few moments. "And as for lady Anne, she is a dear cousin to me and I should not wish to see her in any fashion hurt." His voice softened a little. "Even to lead her on, without any intent to make true on it. You have to understand."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

James now frowned.

"I would hope to in time call Lady Anne a friend. If there ever should be a question of anything more, don't you think that the first to bring it up should be the persons most immediately concerned? I understand your protectiveness of your cousin, and it does you credit, but it is quite unnecessary."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Species : Give me the coffee!
Number of posts : 456

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 am

"If you wish to ask whether you should ask to court her and whom to address then yes, it will be her parents that this should be asked of.." His voice softened a little bit there. "But....." He shrugged lightly.".. Just behave towards her in the way that you should and we wont need to discuss this ever again.... deal?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:52 am

Before James could more then open his mouth to answer, another smooth voice cut into their conversation:

"Awww, gentlemen. This is a night for dancing, not for striking serious deals. Come Mylord, don't frown. I'm sure the noble captain will do only what is right and proper!"

A brunette beauty in a striking dress of green silk, pearly and feathers lightly put an elegantly gloved hand on Willoughby's arm. She was no longer in her first flush of youth, but made up for it by a self-assured, seductive air only maturity and experience could supply.

"Commander, won't you introduce an old friend?"

James, who had gone rigid and slightly pale in the face, said stiffly:

"Lord Gwydyr, allow me to present Lady Neddlestone."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:27 am

He had wished to be rather untoward to their interruption, until he saw to whom the hand belonged and with it also the soft voice. She was certainly a beauty and her hair that was of a rather rich colour had adorned her face nicely, the stress appeared light, exquisite and beautiful, and the feathers and pearls were a touch that completed the image.

Her voice on the other hand as the poise and manner in which she carried herself only flattered her further. Willoughby arched a brow and followed her gaze to James who had seemed to have a not too subtle reaction to the lady.

He nodded and inclined his head in a polite greeting. "Good evening, Lady Needlestone, I hope we have not caused an unpleasant interruption to your evening. If we did, I apologise." He turned to James, still startled at his reaction and certainly wishing to know, since it would be favourable to his cousin. "So, tell me, commander. Where do you know this fine lady from?" He asked in a friendly tone.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:42 am

"Lady Nettlestone and I met a few years back, when her husband was still alive. She was the reigning Incomperable of the Hunting Ball."

James supplied the information with rather less then good grace, although he clearly tried to keep up a polite mask.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:53 am

"My condolences m'lady." Willoughby spoke. He did not know how long ago her husband had died but it must not have been long. He knew that only a few years he was still alive and well as James suggested. "It must have been a sad affair of things to loose him so young." He wondered about the reason for his death though he chased those thoughts away that suggested it must have been her beauty that caused his demise. It was certainly not unheard of happening, especially in the men of a slightly less youthful disposition.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 am

"Thank you, Mylord!", she lowered her eyes demurely. "It was a great loss!"

James didn't move, but a strange sound escaped his throat.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:25 am

Willoughby glanced at James wondering if the man had a history he needed to know of him or whether he was going to choke and die in a moment. "Yes, commander? Is there something that you wish to share with us?" He asked with a kind and calm tone then studied the lady again. "You must excuse us, we were just on the way to get some soup before it runs out."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 am

"My apologies. I believe I have already expressed my regrets for the death your husband, Mylady."
James still sounded rather stiff.

Lady Neddlestone smiled with sparkling coldness.

"Indeed you have, Commander. Surely you will be able to convey the soup to the table without Lord Gwydyr's help and leave me for a few moments longer in his charming company?"

She placed an almost proprietary hand on Willoughby's arm again.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:10 am

"You are very kind, m'lady" Willoughby spoke politely. While he was flattered by her attention and did notice glances in their direction, while rather oblivious of her reputation, he still had a lady waiting back at the tables. The one who had promised him this dance so that they might also sit together or at the very least keep company while snacking.

"But I cannot burden him with the whole load and I would loathe to be the reason for your own partner to be left waiting." He spoke quite charmlingly now, with a pleasant, warm smile on his face. He did not doubt that she had one and would have been more stunned, if she had not.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 pm

"As galant in the ballroom as on the battlefield!"
The woman laughed with a engaging elegance.

"Then shall I hope to see you again later? A Lady always has a dance free for such a charming cavalier."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm

What a lovely and engaging individual she was. Friendly and eloquent, a fine flatterer and very pleasant to the eye. He had dances free and it would hardly have been fair, if he did not ask her for one. Perhaps having avoided the reservation of his dances days in advance, had proven itself not a completely folly plan. It certainly saved him much of the trouble.

"You flatter me too much, m'lady. I am but a mere cavalryman, who hopes to do what is right." He felt colour come to his cheeks and fought it off valiantly. "If the lady would wish it,..may I ask if there is a dance you would be willing to spare on this humble officer?" He felt foolish at the choice of his words and the manner of them and he could not lie that he felt rather flattered by her attention.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 am

James was trying to make her desist from her play with a hard stare, but she just smiled triumphantly at him over Willoughby's shoulder before returning her full attention to Willoughby and inquiring:

"Did you have the pleasure yet to share a walz in such a splendid ballroom since your return? But certainly you must have been beleaguered by all the debutants who only just got their permission to walz ..."

She trailed of artfully to give Willoughby a chance to reply.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 am

He had thought to sit the waltz out for he doubted that there was a lady that he should dance with and the one he had wanted it, had that one taken already. Now though he was faced with a decision again, a chance which he could take or one he could pass, but should he lie, he needed to find another for that dance.

"No, I have to say I have not yet danced it...." He hesitated again. "And you? Do not tell me that you have not a long line of gentlemen all hoping for your company in that dance,...for I would not believe it."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:38 am

She laughed.

"Hoping for it and being granted a dance are two very different things ... I only walz with gentlemen who intrique me, and I'm sorry to say that those are rare and far between. And in some cases simply change."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:02 am

Well then, the chances that she might grand him a dance were close to nil. He did not consider himself particularly intriguing, and certainly not to an extent in which he might be granted such a special dance.

"I must say you must have broken many hearts by declining them tonight, but what shall you then do?..the waltz is nearly here." He was aware that he could not spend too much time now, for when the next dance was announced he would officially have wasted the time granted to him by the supper dance.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:13 am

"Oh, how modest you are, Mylord", she said appreciatively. "I shall expect you when the walz is announced! In the meanwhile, please give my regards to Lord Torrington and his charming sister. Commander, it was a pleasure seing you tonight."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:22 am

It seemed that he had agreed to a waltz with her without even saying it. Willoughby blinked, having thought to protest, but found his tongue tied. She was a beautiful woman, an entertainer, almost intriguingly bold and a little intimidating. Not the sort he was used to deal, when coupling that with her being actually interested in his company.

"Ah...yes indeed." He said, hiding his confusion behind a warm, engaging smile. "I shall find you." He said feeling a little dazed. He inclined his head politely to her again and then made a turn for the table to retrieve that plate and finally return to their company! "James.." He said, as if expecting the other man to take a while.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:05 am

With a last dazzling smile, the lady turned, immediately finding somebody else to converse with. James, gripping his tray with white knuckles - apart from all else, looking like a waiter had done nothing to improve his mood - suggested through clenched teeth:

"Perhaps we should return to our table, Mylord."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:35 am

"....is there something that I should know, commander? That tray weeps for release..and if it was alive, it would certainly have been sobbing in pain received at your hands." He indicated the tray then asked the waiter for the plates of soup which were rather quickly filled.

"Commander?" he arched a brow, a little apprehensive at handing him the hot soup right at that moment.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next