Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre Empty 8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

Post  outis Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm

It was towards evening when Maria Dolores slipped back across the courtyard to fetch Martita. When she poked her head into the kitchen, however, she saw her little sister still busily helping their neighbor. She did not have the heart to pull her away -- Martita was having a difficult enough time as it was these past few days -- and if she was honest, she had no particular wish to return home so soon, not with Tibodo nearly up and about, so after making sure that Martita was behaving herself, she slipped upstairs to find her friend. "Manuela?" she called quietly at the top of the stairs.

Last edited by outis on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
outis
Commander

Species : Sofa Monster
Number of posts : 1700

Back to top Go down

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre Empty Re: 8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

Post  sans nom Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Manuela looked out from Pablito's room. "Maria!" she called quietly, smiling. "Are you looking for Martita? I think she's still in the kitchen with Tia Carla."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre Empty Re: 8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

Post  outis Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Maria smiled. "Yes, I've just come from there. Everything is still in one piece; your aunt must have a great deal of patience." She started to enter the room, but paused on the threshold, glancing uncertainly at the still figure in the bed. "Is it alright to come in?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Manuela looked at the haggard sleeping soldier.  "Yes, I think it's all right.  He's barely stirred in hours.  Can you stay?"  In spite of having some fondness for the Frenchman and some worry for his health, she was growing weary and bored sitting by his side with only a basket of mending for company.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:48 pm

"of course," Maria replied, crossing the room to retrieve the other chair. A murmured exclamation escaped her as she passed the injured soldier. He looked truly terrible, much worse than he had several nights ago. Martita had declared him to be dying, but Maria had assumed she was exaggerating; now she was not so sure.

"Poor thing, have you been here all day?" she asked, dropping into the chair beside her friend.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:46 am

"More or less. There's another soldier staying in the house who sat with him for a while." She sighed and leaned back in her own chair. "He was raving like he was crazy earlier. Or last night. Was your papa like that?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 am

She thought about this for a moment. "He would become confused sometimes... Once he thought I was my mother. But not raving. They should look after their own," she added with sudden vehemence, "You have done enough without looking after raving Frenchmen. He could be dangerous!"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 am

She had not considered that possibility. "Dangerous? Oh. I suppose he could." She looked doubtfully at the unconscious man lying stretched out in the bed. "No, he's probably too weak to do anything. I suppose I could get the blind one - the one who was blind - to sit with him, but he cries every time he sees him. I've never seen a man cry so much. Maybe it's just that his eyes were hurt."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am

"Well, he wasn't crying outside," Maria replied, shaking her head. "The foolish thing wouldn't stop smiling. And I still say he should be the one looking after his friend, tears or no."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:53 am

Manuela nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, I suppose so. But, when he has been awake, I've been able to calm him when his friends couldn't. Maybe it takes a woman to soothe a sick person."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Maria remembered the way he'd looked at her friend that night in their house and wondered if there was perhaps another explanation, but instead she smiled and said, "Or perhaps men are just hopeless at it."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Manuela grinned. "That too." Then she wrinkled her nose. "Is Don Tibodo getting better?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Maria grimaced at the name. "Yes. He is demanding Papa make him crutches now." She shuddered. "Why couldn't he have fever? Though I suppose it wouldn't really make any difference, he's already raving."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Manuela stifled a laugh, trying to keep quiet for the sake of her patient. "Now there's a case where they should look after their own! Let them go and chop down the trees and find the wood themselves and make their own crutches! He'd better at least pay for them, if your papa does make them. They've promised to pay Tia Carla for the use of the house. Who else do you have?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:10 pm

"That is good," she nodded. "We have a cavalry captain and his soldier servant as well now. He is not like Señor Tibodo, though... I do not think. He has a wife and child back home and he leaves us alone. And he has been patient with Martita." She shook her head suddenly. "I don't know what will become of her, she is far too bold with them! When she is not hiding behind my skirts. I don't even know when to worry!"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am

Manuela grimaced. That was probably her fault, at least partially. She had introduced Martita to Paol and had encouraged her to be friendly with him. She had only wanted the girl not to be afraid, but perhaps that had been a foolish idea. "But they haven't been unkind to her, have they?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:23 am

"No. Well, except for Tibodo, but I do not think he is kind to anyone. She seems to be quite fond of your two Frenchmen. The young blind one was playing with her outside earlier. I don't know," she finished with a weary sigh, "I am afraid she will forget that not all French soldiers are lame or friendly. And then something will happen and then she will never forget and I don't want that either. Sometimes I wish we could go away to the mountains like so many have. But then there would be no one to look after Papa."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 am

"Or your house," Manuela reminded her. "Because your papa would have gone with you. They would have broken into your house and stolen all of your things, probably. They did that to Don Marcos' house, because he's gone away with his sister."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:12 am

"Demons," Maria muttered, scowling at the still figure on the bed. The expression made her look very like her sister. "It is not enough that they have our city, our whole country, they must have our homes too!"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 am

Being very slightly older, Manuela tried to think of something reassuring to say.  "Maybe they won't stay for long.  In town, I mean.  They'll have to march off and fight battles somewhere else sooner or later.  Sooner, I hope, for men like Tibodo." She followed her gaze to the unconscious soldier. "But this one hasn't stolen things, or the blind one, Domingo. At least I don't think so. Paolo helped to guard the house yesterday, even though he was ill, very ill."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Maria's expression softened, though a thoughtful frown lingered on her face. "Are you fond of him?" she asked after a moment.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:06 pm

"No!" Manuela scoffed with laughter, but she could feel her face flush warm. "I barely even know him. And he can't even speak to us or understand anything. He's French!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:39 am

Maria smiled, just a trace of teasing laughter behind her eyes. "Then you've no reason not to come with me to the market tomorrow."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 am

Manuela's eyes widened slightly. "Just you and me? Is it safe? Or will your papa be coming?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 am

"I haven't asked yet," she admitted with a sigh. "But with two more mouths to feed we're nearly out of food. Someone's going to have to go. And I feel like I'll go mad if I stay cooped up much longer."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next