Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

3rd August, late night indoors

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd August, late night indoors

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 pm

3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 NewBrightav3

Bright shook his head. He was many things, but a conspirator in self-murder was not one of them. "Not a chance. You do all the bleating you want, I ain't helping you. 'Specially since you ain't got the bottle to do it yourself."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd August, late night indoors

Post  sans nom Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 Iconcharcot

"Only 'cause it's a mortal sin, is why!" Charcot snapped. "I'd do it in a second, otherwise. I'd do it to YOU if I could."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm

"There you have it, then." Bright rolled his eyes. "Shut up now and go back to sleep."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:31 pm

There were hot, angry tears in Charcot's eyes now, faced with the prospect of failure yet again. "Why won't you do it? Give me one good reason why. Are you scared of Kerjean?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:41 pm

What a daft thought!

"I'm not a God-damned murderer, is why."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Right. That left him two options, and only one would suit his purpose. He launched himself off of his bed and towards the door, stumbling over poor Paol's sleeping bulk protecting them from any invasion. His searching hands found the door handle, though of course he could not open it with Paol in the way, but doubtless the riflemen were not far. So he shouted.

"I'm English! I'm English! Bloody hell!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 am

Paol jolted awake, instinctively throwing his weight back against the door. The Spanish! They were trying to get into the barn. No. The house. And it was the English. The riflemen must be coming for Bright. But the struggling form above him was on the inside fighting to get out, and the foreign words were in a familiar voice. Charcot's voice. English words. Hell.

Paol lurched to his feet. He could feel the door start to open behind him and he did the only thing he could think of. He grabbed in the dark for Charcot's collar, thrusting him back hard against the door and pinning him.

"What," he demanded breathlessly, "The hell is going on? Michel?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Species : Fusilier, 86ème Régiment de la Ligne
Number of posts : 1078

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/paol-k

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 am

The bastard had lost his mind. That was the only explanation for what was happening now. All this just because Bright wouldn't help end his pathetic life?

"You stupid selfish bastard!" Bright sat up hastily in bed but did not make any further moves. It wouldn't do a bit of good if he tried to silence Charcot now, for the mad little fool had roused the house.

"Daft sod wanted me to kill him. I said no. So he's gone straight off the bloody rails."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 am

"I'm sorry, Paol!" Charcot sobbed in panic, straining under Kerjean's grip. "Let me go, let me go!" Straight to the riflemen outside.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 am

3rd August, late night indoors - Page 2 Iconkaufmann_zps9c47f0bd

On the other side of the door, Kaufmann was barking orders, helpless as he was to do anything physical. "Mittelstaedt, get that door open. Manuela, bring a lantern. A lamp, a candle, a light or something!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 am

"What?" He'd only just come awake; he must have misunderstood, mistranslated, but he knew he hadn't. And Charcot wasn't even denying it; worse, he was apologizing for it, weeping and struggling almost like he'd been when Paol had first freed him from the horse.

It would have to wait, however; they had run out of time. Close by someone was shouting and the door heaved abruptly inwards against Charcot. Paol cursed. This wasn't going to work. He yanked Charcot out of the way and set his own shoulder against the door just as it shuddered beneath another blow.

"Damnit!" The door had given way a bit on Mittelstaedt's first attempt, but now it wouldn't budge. He took several steps back and ran forward, throwing himself bodily against it, only to knock the door a few inches open and have it slam back again. Mittelstaedt let out another breathless curse. "Christ, can't you lean against it or something?" he asked Kaufmann.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 am

Kaufmann's leaning on the door was not likely to help, so he did what he could instead, bellowing with the full force of his voice, "Open up that door!"

"Let them in, Paol!" Charcot pleaded. "It's just me they want!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:30 am

"Stop. Both you idiots. Just stop." Bright was on his feet and halfway across the little room before he knew what he was doing. "Open the bloody door before they break it down."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:42 am

Open the door? If he did that, he lost what little control he had over the situation, and that scared the hell out of him. But it was only a matter of time before they got through, one way or another, and he had no idea what he was doing. He was going to have to trust that Bright did.

With a single, vehement curse, he reached for the handle, wrenching the door open and stepping into the doorway.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 am

This was madness. He was a fool. But Bright was advancing toward the doorway all the same. He still only had half an idea, at best, about what he was doing. That would have to be enough.

"Don't let that little bastard past you. He's gone clean out of his mind," he warned in French. Then, drawing in a breath, he changed smoothly to English. "Right, you sorry grasshoppers. You want a lad from the Line? Here, you got him."

So saying, he stepped up behind Kerjean in preparation to edge past him into the hall.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:30 am

"What? No, no! It's me!" Charcot cried in anguish, struggling to move toward the door. Switching to English he shouted "Me, me! English soldier!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:12 am

No! Paol turned, staring at Bright in horrified confusion. This was it. This was where everything fell apart. "Michel, what are you doing?"

Peripherally he was aware of Charcot closing in from behind, crying out in English, and he braced himself to grab him, but he couldn't turn and help. He couldn't seem to do anything. He was being pulled in three different directions at once and no matter which way he went, someone was going to die.

Mittelstaedt smirked, glancing sidelong at Kaufmann. "Told you."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

"What the hell is going on here?" Kaufmann demanded, snatching the light that girl had brought. He rounded on her and the old woman. "Get back to your rooms and shut the doors. Now!" A glare in the right direction seemed to make his message understood, for they quickly hurried away. "Mittelstaedt, take this." He stared at the beligerent prisoner, the "mouthy" one, standing in the doorway behind the big Frenchman. "English?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

"That's right. Corporal Bright, Ninth Foot. The East Norfolks." It wasn't easy ignoring the other two but keeping his gaze on the Riflemen helped.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am

So he was definitely a deserter then. Damn it, but Kaufmann did not have enough English to have this kind of conversation! Not at all. He shook his head and asked in disgust, "Why French?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Why? "Why not?"
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm

There was no answer from Bright, just more of his incomprehensible, damning English, and Paol could only watch helplessly.

Balling his hands into fists, he shifted his focus more fully to the riflemen; the greenjacket with the bandaged arm was not a threat, not physically anyway, but the other one, with the bayonet.... If -- When trouble came, it would be from him. Paol watched him carefully, trying to read his expression, gauging the distance between them, between him and the wall, and the chances of disarming him with only one hand.

"What's he saying?" Mittelstaedt demanded impatiently.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:39 pm

"Bright, what are you doing? You're a liar! It's me, tell them it's me! I'm sorry!" Charcot had never really intended to betray Bright to his death, except perhaps in that moment when the man had made light of Rosy's death. He was close to crying with vexation now, unable to see, unable to pass his companions in the door, unable to act at all. Even wounded, Paol was still stronger than him. "Paol please, I'm sorry! Make him stop!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm

"I don't know what he's saying, but he's English!" Kaufmann once again wished there was an officer or a sergeant here to deal with this mess. After a momentary hesitation he said "Mittelstaedt, shut the door."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

His fingers fumbled briefly with the buttons on his waistcoat until he made himself pause and let out a long breath. After that, removing the garment was accomplished quickly enough. His back needed to be bared in order for this foolish argument to be ended.

"If you got a set of these for yourself, maybe you can claim that it's you," Bright remarked and turned round to show his back to the Riflemen. This was his trump card.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next