Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts

5 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 12:50 am

Oxley frowned, concerned. "You don't look so good, sir. Oughtn't you to lie down for a bit? An' I can go find Doctor Matterin to come and talk to you, if you want, sir."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday 21st - afternoon or thereabouts

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 1:00 am

"Yes, yes," Crozier replied absently. "I'll lie down now. Just a moment." He found a pencil and scribbled something in the book, not caring if he himself could not read it. He stowed the bottle back in its case and locked it before handing the keys back to Oxley. "Take those - you'll have to lock the door again - and bring the book for me." He suddenly remembered that his own cot had been hung in here to let Maturin use his cabin. Pity it had been taken down, for all it was a nuisance.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Species : In Memoria
Number of posts : 504

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/thomas-crozie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 am

Oxley took the keys and the book and offered his free arm to the surgeon in case he needed help getting up. He looked awfully white, with that bandage round his head and his night-shirt on, and Oxley couldn't help wishing that there was an officer or someone around, though everyone was busy elsewhere.

"Here, sir, you take me arm," he said, holding his hand out. He wondered just how much the Doctor could see; he looked as though he was drunk, the way he was peering around at everything.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 2:05 am

"Thank you, Oxley," Crozier said, becoming more human now that he had had his dose. It had not begun to take effect, but simply knowing that it was going to ease the pain was already making him feel better. As they walked back to the sick bay, he said, "After this, would you mind going to the gun room to ask them to make me some tea?"
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 2:40 am

"I c'n do that, sure 'nough, sir. Can you... can you see any better now, sir?" He still made sure he had Crozier's arm round his neck in case the doctor slipped or walked into something. If he bumped his head again, Doctor Maturin would probably have Oxley strung up from the yardarm for not stopping him.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 3:09 am

"No."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 3:27 am

"All right, then, sir. Mind the table here," he said, pulling Crozier carefully to one side to avoid having him bruise his hip on it. "Do you think you can get into your cot again, sir? 'Cause I think it'd be best if you was lyin' down, 'specially if you can't see quite right, sir."

And please, don't say I shouldn't be thinkin', sir, he thought, worriedly. Only want what's best for you, arter all.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 am

"Yes." Crozier eased himself into his cot and lay back comfortably. Good lad, that Oxley. "Oh, give me the keys. I'll put them away later. There's another set somewhere else."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 3:39 am

He handed over the keys. "I'll put the book back for you as well, sir," he said. "An', will Markham know how you take your tea, sir?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 am

"Yes." He closed his eyes and then added, "But Doctor Maturin is not to be disturbed."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 3:46 am

Those last words hit Oxley like a bucket of cold water. He crossed back to the cot and peered down at the man in it. "Sir, he's the one who's bin lookin' after you. Mister M'Clure prob'ly dunno what to do, an' Bridgens certainly don't. An' someone needs to check up on you, sir."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 3:54 am

Crozier waved him away with his hand. "He can check up later if he wants to. I've had my dose; I'm fine. All I want is some tea." The laudanum was already taking effect, and he was beginning to feel wonderfully mellow. "You're a good lad, Oxley. Don't worry."
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 4:03 am

"All right, I'll go an' find some tea for you, sir." And he'd go and see if Doctor Maturin would come and look at Doctor Crozier, though doing that would now mean disobeying an order, and that would mean awful trouble... wasn't that 'mutiny' in the Articles of War?

He swallowed and turned to head for the wardroom to find Markham and a cup of tea.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Crozier Fri May 08, 2009 4:11 am

"Thank you, Oxley," Crozier murmured, sinking back in his pillow.
Thomas Crozier
Thomas Crozier
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 am

Oxley felt thankful for his punishment duty of Frday; helping Foley out in Mister Cartwright's cabin meant that he knew where Doctor Maturin was berthed. He brushed by the Marine sentry - Vining, his jacket as crumpled as usual - with the explanation that he was running an errand. He crossed to Doctor Maturin's cabin and tapped nervously on the door.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:27 am

Stephen was woken out of a restless sleep by a reverberating rap on the door. He rubbed his eyes, having no idea how long he had slept, but his splitting headache remained. "Hmmm? Who is it?"

Last edited by Stephen Maturin on Fri May 08, 2009 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri May 08, 2009 4:27 am

"Here, what are you doing?" Markham grabbed the lad by the arm and hauled him away from the door. "That's Doctor Maturin's cabin. You can't go bothering him!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:29 am

No answer, but voices outside the door; Stephen sat up, gripping the sides of the cot to steady himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 am

He could hear a stirring within the cabin. "Sorry Doctor Maturin, didn't mean to disturb you," he called, glaring at the young marine drummer.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 4:33 am

Oxley swallowed as Markham grabbed him and pulled him away from the door. "Have to. Doctor Crozier's woke up and bin out of bed tryin' to walk around a bit. Says he wants a cup of tea, and... he made me bring him the day book. And him seein' double 'cause of he's got a hole in his head!"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:36 am

More noise - Stephen climbed out of the cot, and teetered across the cabin, opening the door. The lanternlight was agonising; he closed his eyes, and covered them with his hand. "What is this about?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri May 08, 2009 4:42 am

Oxley finally succeeded in get Markham to let go of him and he pulled his jacket straight. "It's Doctor Crozier, sir. He woke up an' was out of bed. Made me help him to the dispensary an' was tryin' to read the Day Book, though I know he can't see straight - or walk right - 'cause he was askin' me to read the numbers for him, sir. Please come an' have a look at him?"
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri May 08, 2009 4:43 am

Markham grimaced. Crozier walking and wanting tea and books didn't sound like an emergency. Surely M'Clure should have been able to deal with the surgeon, even if it did interrupt his dinner.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 am

"He got out of bed?" asked Stephen, his voice cold with fury. "Even though he knows-" He clenched his fists, then started to walk, unsteadily at first buy gaining speed and determination with every step, barefoot and wearing only his short and breeches.

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri May 08, 2009 4:46 am

"Doctor, doctor!" Markham protested following him with speed. "Let me fetch M'Clure or the loblolly boy instead, sir!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next