Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. Empty On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 am

Fandorin spied a good clearing and stopped his horse, making a sign to Widmayer to halt as well. They have not said a word to each other since meeting Hunter and the women.
'We'll stop here for the night.'

[OOC: aargh. Wrong account. This is supposed to be Fandorin.]

Back to top Go down

On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. Empty Re: On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night.

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 am

Widmayer halted a few steps after the signal was given and slipped of his horse's saddle not saying a word. He took hold of the reins of both of the horses and began leading them to the closest of the cluster of trees. He hadn't looked at Fandorin, as if expecting the man to do the same.

Without a care if the other man meant to sit himself a bit further to the right or left, or perhaps would choose the next trio of trees he began to unsaddle the horse that he'd ridden. Dropping the buckle that came under the animal's belly so that it hung loose on the other side.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Species : Civilian
Number of posts : 735

Back to top Go down

On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night. Empty Re: On the road to Oporto - 19th May, night.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:25 am

Just as wordlessly, Fandorin set about divesting the pack horse of it's load, and the animal snorted gratefully. The silence was so strained between the two men, that surely a smallest thing would have it snapping.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:33 am

Josef pulled sharply at the reigns of his horse when the animal tried to stray away from where it stood at the least appropriate moment. He cursed at it, not in the language used at most times when speaking with Fandorin. The horse neighed and stomped its front hoof unhappily but stood where it was at.

The saddle was placed on the floor and was followed with the last of the horse's kit still in place. He turned and tied the animal to a low lying branch, allowing it enough room that it could eat. He was unwilling to let it stray far, not with them being two, with there being possible thieves about and even the enemy - though the later less certain.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:42 am

Fandorin listened to the discontented sounds of the other's horse as he tethered the other two horses. 'Would you like some help tethering your horse?' He offered sarcastically.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:52 am

Widmayer glared in Fandorin's direction and while he muttered something under his breath, the later lost it's meaning being muffled so. He did reply then, in a calm and composed, yet far from a pleasant manner.

"Why.. I am certain I shall be able to do.. anything with the horses on my own. Most grateful for your generous.. offer .." And grateful he was not, taunting though, he was.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 am

'Well, it does one good to hear that you are able to do at least something on your own.' Fandorin started unsaddling the horses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 am

Widmayer's eye twitched and his hand balled into a fist, nails digging into the soft flesh of his palm till they left half moon shaped imprints in it. He breathed in sharply, and had the less obedient horse be rather harshly moved and forced into its more convenient a place. He took the saddle of the other one, seeing as he had placed its baggage down already and had it unceremoniously and hardly needing as much violence, dropped to the floor.

"...What are you implying..." He spoke dangerously, straightening from where he stood, eyes narrowed fiercly on the man.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 am

'I am not implying. I am saying it loud and clear.' Fandorin turned around to glare at the boy, his voice deceptively calm and quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:21 am

Widmayer felt his hands shake, lacking the coolness of the elder man, he could perhaps contain himself on a different occasion, but his nerves were frayed. What he had set to do wasn't fulfilled, and it was even worse than that.

"..You shall withdraw what you have just said." He spoke through his teeth, the saddles to the left of his feet, forgotten, the second horse released as he began towards Fandorin.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:32 am

'I will not. Boy.' Fandoring stared down at Widmayer coolly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:37 am

He saw his hand lift to grip at the collar of the man to whom he was to play a servant and with whom they have gone, argued and lived as the orders demanded.

" You're a fool for trusting that man as much." He spat, his eyes aflame with the primal emotion, anger. "A bloody fool." His voice was harsh even if it was not so loud as to attract attention.

"My final request... Fandorin Erast." He glared, the coolness of the other man only serving to anger him further.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 am

Fandorin's hand flew quickly to press a knife to just below Widmayer's ribs. 'And you are an idiot if you think I trust him, but you are more of an idiot if you think you have any goddamn business playing such tricks! You could have gotten us caught and killed. You stupid ass!'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:45 am

Widmayer glanced to the knife. A mere flicker of eyes in its direction before his own were back on Fandorin's. Unafraid though his hands had refrained from moving further.

".. Shall I elaborate what has happened, or have you been deaf and daft not to understand. "He spoke angrily and lowered one hand from the neck. A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth, but it wasn't warm nor happy.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 am

'I don't care for your explanations, Widmayer! You are to follow my orders and do as I tell you. What you've done was foolish, even you must see that!'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 am

"Foolish? Certainly not! " He hadn't answered the first accusations. Not yet at least.

"I ought to have learned more if given better time." He growled irritated. " Have I got caught? No. Hardly so!"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:58 am

'Something tells me it only happened because you were damn lucky and because Hunter was willing to let you go.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 am

"I'll have you not doubt my abilities, Erast." He spoke acidly, and so the hand that had earlier withdrawn, had but done so to bring with it a weapon , a rather short blade which was made to threaten the other man. The use of his first name was meant as an insult, not equal, but even less than that.

"Luck had little to do with it..Were you , on the other hand, to give me better suited orders, I might have instead avoided going! Were you to mind investigating that man, were you at all in the mind to conduct more than festivities with our host, we might have known more now. Done more and had not had 'our' contact slain!"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 am

Fandorin finally lost his temper and slapped the young man across the cheek with his free hand. 'How dare you speak to me like that?! I am old enough to be your father! You know nothing! Your orders are to do what I tell you! I didn't tell you to sneak into the damn camp. If you wanted to show off you'd have been better off at the Tsar's court! For you are only suited to show off to insipid court damsels and nothing else!'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:12 am

Widmayer stared for a moment, stunned at the slap for it was not the pain for which it was given, and felt more one of humiliation such as slapping a child.

His skin felt warm and burnt with the sensation as did his cheeks both, but for a different reason. "I had wanted answers!" He snapped and drew his hand upwards. One so and the other to Fandorin's one that held the blade to his ribs. "Your orders. Were they of bloody value, I would have done so!" He knew he ought not to have spoken so, for the age that was to be respected and for the superior status no less, that Fandorin held. But in a way they were not soldiers as in anonther they could have been.

"A fine age you are.. and thus you might be loosing your touch, Fandorin."
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 am

Fandorin narrowed his eyes at the boy: 'Oh? Why don't you say that to the Tsar then, Widmayer?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 am

Widmayer kept his eyes in a glare, faltering. ".....I might just when we return. I am certain he would be interested in a report under your name." He spoke coolly.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 am

Fandorin snorted. 'And under yours too. You forget that you lack one thing our Tsar likes in his lackeys: obedience.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 am

"Perhaps were we do have less of it, and more of the initiative we would now speak with the knowledge of that Frenchman. I would suppose something of that sort would certainly interest the Tsar as well." He answered with a crooked, unpleasant smile.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Fandorin answered the boy's smile with a serpent-like of his own. 'A good frenchman, is a dead frenchman.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next