Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
By Cape Mondego - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

By Cape Mondego

+7
Jonathan Padstowe
Cross Johnson
George Thompson
Keiju
Richard Bolitho
Nathan Allen
sans nom
11 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

By Cape Mondego - Page 9 Empty Re: By Cape Mondego

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 am

"t' chance perhaps, but as yer see.. it didn' happen! T' coward Frogs escaped us, n' I'm sure our traitorous.. for he mus' be.. ter be prancin' about our deck as a friend , Frog guest was just glad he didn't need ter be caught bein' all friendly with us." He shook his head sharply, feeling torn between blaming the Frenchman for the enemy ship's escape and thinking him a traitor also - even if in that case falling to their side. But then, traitors were turncoats, weren't they? Turned t' direction in which the wind was blowing, so nobody liked those and nobody trusted them either what de Guarde was concerned.

He nodded: "They'll sure have ter be rowin' all t' way back home ter make up fer it." He smiled somewhat. It felt better to talk that way, when the frustration could be leat out during the simple conversation.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 am

"We should just be pleased we got a good section of marines, stop us from being blown up as we sleep." he grumbled back, with a slight smile to aknowledge the unlikeliness of it.

"WOnder if we could convince t'captain ter get them ter be rowing us fer ever more?" It wsa much nicer to get grumbling about things which couldnt' possibly ever occur, giving them the freedom to complain without the trouble they might get into, if overheard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 am

" Well they do need ter eat sometime.. though if we fed them while in t' boats, we'd save t' energy n' t' time wasted on not rowin'." He agreed that the marines were a fine kind and kept them safe. Though it did prove before that even with the many marines about, no all things could be prevented. And sometimes the marines themselves came to be the cause of them.

" 'tleast that Frog didn't appear on deck.." He had scanned it earlier and cought no sight of the man. He could've been mistaken and he was somewhere, where he couldn't see him, but he doubted that.

"His best bet is ter remain below...nobody looks too happy right now!" The sailors did want prize money, and the later was impossible to get if the prize escaped.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:48 am

"I'd imagine he'll be staying down there fer a coupla days, if we have our way." It was best not to go inviting an angry mob to form, surely the man would realise that.
Though who could tell? the French seemed to spend their lives forming angry mobs and attacking, even in their own country.

"We could rig up a basket or something, so's we didn't have ter be taking stuff up and down fer them ter eat..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

"Aye, or jus' tell em ter fish fer themselves... Fish's food, ain't it. Though dunno where they could make it, in t' boat.. but it would save us t' trouble of gettin' food ter them."

He agreed with where the Frenchman would be best to go. He'd be safe from the men aboard Terpsy, and Terpsy would be safe from him too.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 am

"serve 'em right fer having us heave so hard ter pick 'em up, when we coulda been chasing them cowards."
He looked out over and thought he could make out figures near the boat on the shore. And so they should come to them, now, given they'd given their backs to comign to pick them up again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 am

There was a light of a flare soon after Westdale had made his observation. And after it there seemed to be seen some life on land, little figures moving about like petite ants.

" They'um not where we've left them,....are they?" The youth observed.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:05 am

Raoul twisted a smile. "I cannot claim that every officer's word is sacred - I doubt if that would be true for the British, and we have seen what some French officers make of their parole. I will stay here. It is just not knowing what is happening that is so... But if I did know, I would probably not understand."

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Padstowe Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:12 am

"In terms of jargon I believe you could be correct," Padstowe said, deciding not to start a debate on which race was the more honourable. "But I think even though your path was blocked you have grasped the basics. The wind has died, so we are being towed by the boats. Somehow I do not believe any more technical terms will add to that."
Jonathan Padstowe
Jonathan Padstowe
Captain

Species : Wellesley's Staff
Number of posts : 3594

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:18 am

"No. No they ain't at all..." He added, "Which means they've mebbe done their share of rowing, too."
Suddenly there was a myriad of possibilities, all focusing on what could have gone wrong, as opposed to the consideration of what went right that day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 am

"Bu' why? .. they didn' like t' shade in their par' of t' land n' had ter go see if there's another, more pleasant a bank fer them?" He shook his head. For now the wind was steady and blew with an even strength.

"..Wot' I'd give fer a glass right now."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 am

"Probably. Who can tell what they was up ter on land? mebbe t'food looked better over there?"
He frowned. "Yer not thinking bout gettign drunk are yer?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:14 pm

"Glass.. oh, no I meant, glass.. a spyglass." He corrected himself. In truth though, as Westdale had brought it up, he would indeed not mind the second too. He didn't feel so well and there was a bottle still waiting for his use. He made a face though and turned to look at Westdale: "N' wot' would be that ter you anyhow."

De Guarde pushed from back. "Time fer supper that. Think we'll be a while, before we get ter meet 'em anyho'." Their watch was over, now as for dinner, and after that he could have a short visit of his friend. See how he was, and how his leg was doing. He decided not to mention Oxley to him yet. But that would be alright.

Last edited by Mathew De Guarde on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to stretch some time, since we seem to have picked the shoreparty much later in the evening.)
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Private Oxley wrote:"I think I done the right thing, talkin' to him a bit. He needs to learn to have fun though, that's what."

Maybe a skylarking - a proper one, with all the ship's boys - would help a bit. If the others wanted to join in when they knew de Guarde was going to be there, anyway.

"He tole me he's fourteen," he said, putting his hat back on. "But he seems, well, all old and grown up and serious and, I dunno. Boring, sometimes. Like he's never had fun and don't know how to."

He shrugged helplessly. "And if he don't try scrappin' with me ag'in, I'm goin' to try to get him to join in a bit with the rest of us. He needs to, that's what."

That got Foley thinking. If the Tar didn't honestly know how to have fun, it was important to show him. He scratched at his ear and considered what he knew of the Marines aboard. "Maybe you and them other drummers oughta talk to the ships' boys. There ain't many I know what are better at plannin' a good skylark than ships' boys."

With any luck, there wouldn't be another scrap. Oxley wouldn't escape actual punishment if there was.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Oxley nodded. "That's what I was thinkin', pretty much. 'Cause it ain't right, him bein' so growed up, so young."

Oxley was still young enough himself to think that being an adult was boring, most of the time. And if the lad in question was all staid and serious now, who knew what he was going to be like in six years' time? Though if there was any hint of a scrap, he was going to clear out of there fast. He was under no illusion and if he was caught fighting again he was old enough that it'd probably mean the cat - especially as he'd promised not to fight again.
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Species : Royal Marine drummer
Number of posts : 2083

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/privat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 am

He didn't feel so well and there was a bottle still waiting for his use. He made a face though and turned to look at Westdale: "N' wot' would be that ter you anyhow."

De Guarde pushed from back. "Time fer supper that. Think we'll be a while, before we get ter meet 'em anyho'." Their watch was over, now as for dinner, and after that he could have a short visit of his friend. See how he was, and how his leg was doing. He decided not to mention Oxley to him yet. But that would be alright.

Westdale griined, "If yer goin ter go and get drunk then I'm goin ter watch me back..and ter laugh at yer. Tis all." He didn't bother pointing out how dangerous it could be. de Guarde knew that, or could work it out. He wasn't going to be lecturing. The thought didn't cross his mind to do so.

"Lead on ter t'food, then. Nothing like it ter pass t'time."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:41 am

".. laugh at me? Ye wouldn't dare." He looked at Westdale. Drinking was good and he had skipped it a day or two, or even more. Hadn't drunk when he could get caught and hadn't drunk much more than what was given since he was made a Tar. Did miss the said spirit though.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:51 am

"Course I would...though hopefully only cause yer was being funny, yer unnerstand."

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Private Oxley wrote:Oxley nodded. "That's what I was thinkin', pretty much. 'Cause it ain't right, him bein' so growed up, so young."

Oxley was still young enough himself to think that being an adult was boring, most of the time. And if the lad in question was all staid and serious now, who knew what he was going to be like in six years' time? Though if there was any hint of a scrap, he was going to clear out of there fast. He was under no illusion and if he was caught fighting again he was old enough that it'd probably mean the cat - especially as he'd promised not to fight again.

"Nope, it ain't," Foley agreed. Boys were supposed to be out creating trouble and ruckus around their homes, not behaving like full-grown men. He'd done enough of that himself, even while he'd been part of his uncle's fishing boat crew. Of course, there were always clever ways to cut loose while aboard ship too.

The steward looked around at the rest of the weather deck. "A good out-an'-out skylarkin' sure wouldn't hurt, if nothin' else works out."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:40 pm

"That's about what I was thinkin'," Oxley said. "Can't believe I've got to try to teach him to have fun, though. That ain't... Well, it ain't right, that's what. Though I reckon the Shepherds'll want to help." He shrugged, grinning. "We'll have fun, even if he don't, that's all I can say. I'll see if we can't do summat later today, or tomorrow, maybe."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Foley grinned. He liked a good skylarking as much as Marine and the prospect of one happening soon interested him. "You'll have the entire crew turned out for it, I'll bet. Be surprised if even ol' Cross-eyes won't come up to watch. Might do even him some good."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:42 pm

"I don't mind Cross-eyes watchin', so long as he don't yell at us for havin' a bit of fun. It'd do him good to join in, but I can't see him doin' that, somehow."

He was starting to think about it a bit. If he could get the Shepherds involved - and he didn't think they'd turn the offer down - that would leave the ships' boys. Some of them might take a bit of persuading when they found de Guarde was invited too, but he didn't think it'd take much. Everyone liked having fun, after all. So that included Danny Milburn, Johnny Stenhouse, Fingers, little Jacky Fisher (who wasn't so little any more, not really). He wondered if any of the young gentlemen would like to join in. Young Mister Fletcher might like to, unless he didn't like heights much, and Oxley or one of the older boys could stick with him till he gained confidence.

And if the rest of the ship's crew turned out for it, they might even get a bit of a sing-along or some music out of it, too. And that couldn't be bad, either.

"It'll be fun, that's what," Oxley said, satisfied with his ideas. "Wonder if Jimmy the Greek will come and show us some of his circus ackrybatics. That's allus fun to see."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 pm

"Can't see how even he'd bother with lads skylarkin'," Foley said. But Oxley would know the corporal and his moods better than Foley. "Go and ask them ship's boys, I'll find the Greek and some others. Sooner the better, eh?"
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Oxley Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:11 pm

"Aye. It'll be a bit of fun, anyways," Oxley replied, grinning. "Might even catch Cross-eyes in a good mood for once. You never know." He looked up at the older Marine. "And thanks for, well, everythin', Mikey. It was real nice t'be able to talk with you 'bout it all."
Tom Oxley
Tom Oxley
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiju Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 pm

It might, at that. Foley grinned back. "Aye. Hard to keep from a good mood when there's a skylark. And you're more'n welcome for it, boyo. Helps a good bit, often, talkin'."
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: