Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Coimbra - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Coimbra

2 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Coimbra - Page 9 Empty Re: Coimbra

Post  Josef Widmayer Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:04 am

"...As you wish." He did not look at all amused. Turning his back to Fandorin he added instead:" ..What are we going to do now.. sir? " He looked at the pond then added subtly:"..As our duty sir...,"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Species : Civilian
Number of posts : 735

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:07 am

'Our duty? Sit and wait for news from Hunter. We do not have any other business in Coimbra, and I am not leaving until I hand our cargo over'. He sighed. 'Really, Josef, could you stop sulking? It doesn't become you'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:16 am

"Sir.. I do not sulk.." He placed a hand across the other." Are we to follow the army once it departs? Or shall we remain in Coimbra if.. what you have, is delivered?"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 am

'We'll follow them, should they continue pushing to Oporto. I rather want to keep an eye on Hunter... as I am sure you do too'. Fandorin stared into the pond. 'Damn it, I wish I had my police authority here. I am rather curious to find out who exactly killed Branco'.

Last edited by Erast Fandorin on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:22 am

"...If we had something to compare it with.. perhaps we could have discovered a pattern. But... one such attack. It could have been anyone. For whatever reason, even unrelated to his work. "

He had been thinking about it. What was the reason? If they had known atleast that, perhaps it would've been easier to track down the culprit.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:27 am

'It could not be just any reason. The crime I think was hasty, yet, cold-blooded, not one of passion. Someone came in, slit his throat and had the presence of mind to leave the house in such a way that only one window remained unlocked, and in such a place that I highly doubt the gendarmerie will notice any time soon'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:15 pm

"..there is a woman , his maid probably, that lies at his body and once she will wake she will alert the authorities." He shrugged his shoulders slightly :"But yes, other than that.. rarely people seek for dead men in their homes unless one is most fortunate that a servant returns, or a guest comes to visit. It isn't out of passion sir? And they took not the papers? What then could have caused them to attack him?"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:13 am

'I do not have enough facts to tell you that, Josef, but I highly doubt it was a crime of passion. Hasty, perhaps, but too neat: you said yourself that nothing had been disturbed, no signs of struggle, no indication that the victim realised that his guest might have a reason to kill him. But tell me about his wounds, were they neat?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:24 am

"Indeed.. I would agree on that. Perhaps we may not know who killed him .. if it was a one time occasion, we may well forget about finding the culprit.. unless there were witnesses seeing anyone coming in before that girl. " He shook his head slightly:" But, is it for us to try and find out why he was done in? "
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:29 am

'Perhaps not, but it is always to be in the know, is it not? I dislike being in the dark'. Fandorin sighed. 'And forget about witnesses, I'd stake my life on the fact the the murder happened last night during the celebrations: there would have been revelrous crowds on the streets, and they tend not to notice things well'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:32 am

"..Indeed. ...not that it would have been easy to spot a man that entered , with the many in the way, the streets as busy as if it was day."

Josef turned to Erast:" .I believe that at this moment we are unable to learn anything new, but let us keep our eyes and ears open, so that perhaps we may happen to chance upon new evidence."
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 am

'I see that you do know how this things work. One would think you have served with gendermarie before'. Fandorin smirked at the boy and turned sharply. 'Shall we then continue our walk?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 am

"And rob myself of the ability to speak, sir?.. I am sure you would delight in that." He smirked bemused at Fandorin, and straightened somewhat, placing his hand to the lower of his back. "I have but another question.. more by means of confirmation. "

He half turned towards the man.".. Is it today, that we have done all that were meant to do..and thus we are free of work , sir?"
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:40 am

Fandorin narrowed his eyes at Josef. 'Y-yes, I think we are, unless something unexpected happens. Do you wish to be rid of me?' So, little Josef had a personal life after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:45 am

"..no, .."He hesitated." Of course not sir. ..if you wish for company, I shall gladly comply." He bowed respectfully to Fandorin. He may have had interests and even ideas in which way he might spend his free time, yet it was first and foremost that he kept this man happy, and then that he were to seek it for himself. Not, of course, that he could not be happy in Fandorin's company. Quite on the contrary.

Unless, they argued.. "I would suspect that you have found your earlier threat at least made solely of ..a strange kind of humour." He smiled again, politely.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Giving one of his rare smiles to the boy, Fandorin spoke: 'I shall be quite alright on my own, if you wish to attend to your own affairs. Come, I am sure a young man like you would not wish to spend what seems to be turning into a beautiful day with an old man'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 am

"Sir. An .. old man, is a wise man and from one young men learn." He spoke somberly, though there was a twinkle in his eye, expressing amusement. "Do you wish for company. For I shall depart if you do not wish, but remain if it is that.. that you may enjoy."
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:53 am

'Be sure you do learn then. But no, I am not feeling particularly lonely this morning, you can go play' Fandorin smirked and waved Josef away. 'Go on then'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:01 am

"Yes , sir. Should you need me....You will have to wait till five.. at least." He smiled and bowed, and then turned on his heel. A whole day of freedom and what could he do?

He left the gardens in a short, yet relaxed stroll.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:05 am

Fandorin watched the boy go for a few moments and turned and walked towards the university.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Brother William waited patiently for De Quental to partake of his breakfast: the man enjoyed his food and never took kindly to being rushed when he was eating. By the time he got to his final cup of coffee, there was commotion at the front door and the servant led in a gendermarie officer, who greeted Brother William politely, if off-handedly and turned to De Quental.

'Forgive me for troubling you so early, sir, but I'm afraid there is a matter that requires your attention'.
'What is it?', asked De Quental.
'I'm afraid we have a murder on our hands, sir'.

'Well, Brother William, it would seem that your little mystery will have to wait until I've dealt with this one', said De Quental, putting his cup back onto the table and wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 am

Sometime in the afternoon Fernao approached the house where Hunter sent him to deliver a letter. He was dressed neatly in his new clothes, which he felt rather proud of.
He knocked on the door loudly, clutching the letter Hunter gave him in the free hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:42 am

A servant came to open the main doors and looked at the arrival for a moment as if trying to place him among the known faces. After failing to do so, he spoke: "What would you like, sir? "
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:45 am

Fernao was a little taken aback when the man in the doorway called him sir, but decided that he liked it nevertheless.
'I have come to deliver a letter to Senhor von Dorn', he answered archly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Josef Widmayer Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 am

" Is he expecting you?" He asked, while opening the door a slight bit more.
Josef Widmayer
Josef Widmayer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next