Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

With the 62nd After the Skirmish

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 Empty Re: With the 62nd After the Skirmish

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:38 am

Hunter caught Sharpe's gaze and wondered if it would impertinent to talk to the man, while Edrignton waited for the other officers to finish up the business they had with him.

Back to top Go down

With the 62nd After the Skirmish - Page 3 Empty Re: With the 62nd After the Skirmish

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 am

Edrington glanced at Captain Hunter, and remembered something. "Are you here about the arrangements for the shooting exhibition? I forgot to mention it: the meeting with the French took it out of my mind, and then the Scots Greys... The General would be interested in attending anything you can arrange, and hopes that there will be enough time tomorrow afternoon. If not - and I realize it's both short notice and you've a lot of other things to do - we can postpone it and do it properly when we reach Coimbra."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am

For a moment, Hunter floundered. 'Shooting exhibition, what shooting exhibition?!', he thought. 'Must be some trap Wellesley made for me', he concluded. In a moment of stupidity he said:
'Yes, my lord, I am here about the arrangements, and if you would not see it as impertinence, I would appreciate any advice you might have.'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sharpe Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:50 am

Sharpe looked at Vickery, who looked surprised. They had discussed doing something of the sort, but hadn't made any firm arrangements.

It was Sharpe who spoke up. "We can manage summat for tomorrow, but it might be easier if we was to wait till we get to Coimbra. Give a proper demonstration, like. Depends how things work out tomorrow."
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Species : 95th Rifles; Lieutenant
Number of posts : 2686

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/lieutenant-ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 am

"Quite. Very well, gentlemen. Captain Hunter will contact you about the arrangements. There may not be much time in Coimbra, but enough I'm sure. Thank you for your time." He smiled at the young officer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Hunter was extremely relieved that Edrington endorsed Sharpe's opinion, yet at the back of his mind was a niggling worry that General will not be quite logical about having the exhibition at Coimbra. As a result the answering smile he gave Edrington came out somewhat strained.
'Very good, my lord. Lieutenant Sharpe, would you mind if I spoke to you about the exhibition when you have a free moment?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sharpe Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 pm

"Whenever you like. You can find me with the 95th - we bivouac up ahead, at the front of the column. Ask any of the men; they'll be able to tell you where I am."

Quite why he wanted to speak with Sharpe, and not Captain Vickery, he couldn't say, but whatever he wanted. And whatever was arranged, he'd inform Vickery about anyway, as it involved him and his men as well.
Richard Sharpe
Richard Sharpe
Captain

Species : 95th Rifles; Lieutenant
Number of posts : 2686

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/lieutenant-ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:09 pm

'Thank you, Lieutenant', Hunter smiled again and thought that perhaps if he avoided Wellesley, the whole situation wasn't going to be that bad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:46 am

Vickery and Sharpe left the tent, followed by Captain Poole of the Scots Greys, and left Hunter with Edrington. The Colonel smiled. "From the look on your face, Sir Arthur had not sent you here about our shooting exhibition. Do you mind becoming involved? He did express an interest in watching it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:49 am

Hunter smiled back. 'You are quite right, my lord, Sir Arthur, er, failed to mention the shooting exhibition, but I do not mind lending a hand. I saw Riflemen at work at Denmark and they have impressed me'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 am

"I saw them today - it was interesting, although virtually over by the time I arrived with Captain Vickery. If you don't relish the task, I will explain to Sir Arthur that, with the French so damned close, we cannot afford to distract our riflemen from their scouting and skirmishing role, and that waiting until Coimbra will give them a much better opportunity to demonstrate and instruct..."

Edrington leaned back and asked: "Since it wasn't about the shooting, what does bring you here, Captain?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:16 am

'It is quite alright, my lord, I shall inform Sir Arthur myself since I, myself, believe that waiting until Coimbra seems, er, logical. As to the purpose of my visit, I thought it polite to introduce myself, my lord'. George hoped it was, indeed, polite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:18 am

"In which case, sit down, and would you like some coffee?" Edrington called Abernethy in again. "You've only just arrived, I gather. Where were you before? Between Denmark and now?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 am

George sat down, grateful for the fact that someone was nice around her. 'Thank you, my lord' He smiled his acceptance of coffee. I was stationed with 52nd Foot Light Brigade, unfortunately for me, I was transferred from the 2nd Battalion to the 1st and missed the Battle of Vimeiro. I was supposed to march under Sir John Moore, but was recalled back to England. I fear my career is not very illastrious or exciting'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:35 am

"You would not have enjoyed marching with Sir John," Edrington said dryly. "At least, not the last part."

He waited while Abernethy poured them both coffee and asked: "Is this your first staff appointment? And - how do you think you will enjoy it?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 am

'Yes it is, my lord. Someone seems to think, I have a head for administration', George smiled ruefully. 'To be perfectly honest I really do not know if I shall enjoy it: I spent only a few hours as an ADC. But one must follow one's orders'. George clamped his mouth shut before he said anything about being on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:43 am

"I had a spell of it, but I prefer being with a batallion. You may take to it, plenty of men do, and it will probably be good for your career. It is not like being an aide back in England: here, you're likely to see more action than the rest of us. Sir Arthur has a reputation..." He grinned. "A reputation for not staying well back out of danger."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 am

George digested the information. 'Indeed, my lord? Well, I shall endeavour to be watchful, though I doubt Sir Arthur will welcome my inteference', George said softly and sipped the hot drink.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:04 am

"No..." Edrington stirred the coffee thoughtfully. "Neither from below, nor from above. Was it Sir Arthur himself who thought you had a gift for administration? Or did you ask for the post?" It was not one he would want. His meetings with Sir Arthur had been marked for their careful nature, rather than any warmth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:07 am

'Neither, my lord. I was appointed', said George quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 am

"Colonel Brandon will be your best guide to what Sir Arthur wants from you, and I advise you to take note of what he says. But if you need any further help, do ask. And make yourself known to Mr Sharpe and Captain Vickery. Sir Arthur has a high regard for his riflemen - one which I am begining to share."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 am

George almost winced at the thought of his non-existent Colonel. Well, he'll blunder on somehow. 'Thank you for your advice, my lord. I shall take heed of it'. George placed the empty cup on the tray and waited to be dismissed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:35 am

"It has been a pleasure meeting you, Captain. Make the arrangements for the Generals' visit to our exhibition with Vickery or Sharpe, and explain to Sir Arthur that we need the extra time if the line infantry are to be able to appreciate the work of their rifles colleagues. Thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:37 am

George got up, standing to attention. 'Very good, my lord. Good night, my lord'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:44 am

Edrington stood to receive the salute "Good night, Captain." A very pleasant young man, he thought. He might have some of that cheerfulness knocked off him in the days to come, but he was bright enough to cope with the challenge. If not yet skilled in administration, he would be working with those who were, and should learn quickly. But Sir Arthur not only did not like interference from above, he did not like to have junior staff members foisted on him by Horse Guards. Would he make the boy's life a misery for that reason? No, but it would add to any other more substantial reason, if he found any.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3