Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Day 6 - Sunday morning

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day 6 - Sunday morning - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 6 - Sunday morning

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 am

Smiling at the obvious care between man and horse, Rob nodded "No doubt I can do that fer ye, but as fer a present one, well, I guess I'd better look all over ye, not just yer ankle, ye ken."

He followed the mans gaze, and lowered his voice, "Are ye trying to get outta something, lad? Ye seem... jumpy." Just as quickly he looked up again, smiling gently, "Ye'll let me know if there's anything wrong with ye, won't ye noo... and I'll see ye in me wagon if ye want a proper once over- or ter watch me write it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:45 am

"..No .. no not at all. " He spoke hastly, for he had realised how his request appeared in the eyes of the surgeon. "I am not looking for leave! You remember that I have asked to be allowed riding, the soonest possible." Or so he argued with reason, till the surgeon gave.

"...I just..." He couldn't explain it here, and of the horse's back. Later perhaps, or in the wagon. Although there might be a rifleman and his lass still in there. "When might you have time for it?" He asked, for he wished to have it done soonest he was able. They were soon to meet the first, and then the Hussars. Perhaps the lieutenant would go through with his threat and even if he did not prosecute the cause himself, it just sat with the youth more comfortably if he knew he was safe. To be accused of being a deserter and coward, it wasn't only a matter of pride, but also of life!
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:10 am

Rob was reassured, by this reasoning, so true, it seemed, and nodded, continueing to smile. "I wasna accusing ye of nothing, lad, ye ken." He hurried to assure the man. "Tisn't a nice thing to accuse a man of, anyway."

Casually he fingered his wrist, touching the fungus to it in an intrigued, but absent minded, index of the mushroom. "I can make ye a time whenever suits ye- I'm sure we won't be bothered by any others- it's about time I managed to get some of my own space back, anyway, if it was to be a problem!" his smile broadened, trying to set the man at ease. "What had ye planned fer tonight, at that?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:16 am

"I do apologise." He smiled and felt that the surgeon did nothing but speak from experience. Of course there were men who had inflicted injury on themselves, or thought their ways into something of rest, just so that they might have a day or so of distance from marching. It wasn't pleasant when a man was caught lying, and fewer would attempt it. But there was always one or two there.

"It suits me whenever you have time. Be it at night, for no, I have nothing planned then, or other." And he didn't. Other than tending to Bella, eating dinner and having some rest. "Should that be your chosen time then?"
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:20 am

The doctor nodded, content now that this was just a man such as he had always dealt with, and not one of those few deserters he had always tried to steer clear from. "Tonight." he nodded, "I shan't be far away from me wagon at all, come tea time, so when ye have finished everything ye mun do..." he didn't bother adding any more. there was no need for a warning or anything, and he couldn't boast an especial knowledge of horses...."I shall be around. NOw" again his eyes wondered to the raod, "no doubt we should be moving again, ye at the least." and he smiled genially at his patient.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am

That night he was to recieve his letter of confirmation and a medical check up. He warned himself not to strain his ankle further through the day, just so that the doctor would not find more wrong with it, than there was. He was not yet considering that he would be volunteering to go hunting just that afternoon.

"Very well, surgeon." He spoke with a small grin spreading across his face:" Were I to find another of those mushrooms, I will save it for you." He set Bella back in motion. "Meet you tonight." He confirmed their meeting." At the wagon." He added the place, and then he was turning his mare around, for he had to check down the line to see if he were needed.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 am

Smiling, Rob raised one hand in parting, "Aye. tonight at the wagon... dinna fear bout the mushrooms, there's enough here fer me" he called, watching the man and horse go back to their work, as he turned back to the clump next to him, still waiting to be picked. "well, they weren't going nowhere, anyway." he grinned, before wondering why at all he was talking to himself about mushrooms.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:11 pm

It was about two hours after sunrise when their Captain called a halt at a crossroad and had them form up for sunday prayers. Captain Poole rose in his stirrups and, with a voice that would do any sergeant major proud, shouted the regimental collect.

"Almighty God, whose blessed son Jesus Christ gave us a perfect pattern of service, give us grace that we, the 2nd Dragoons, may be second to none in following his example, swifter than eagles to overtake his enemies, and serve Thee in Thine kingdom: Trough the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

The entire troop echoed "Amen".

Sgt. Grey thought this was much better than to suffer through a proper church parade. It took only a few minutes and said it all. They did not need a preacher to rant at them about eternal damnation and abominations. Soldiers, on the whole, were on the easygoing side when it came to abominations.

They were ordered to dismount, and after Grey had taken a stroll in the bushes (OOC hint, hint) he was called over to the little group of officers.

"Sergeant Grey, Cornet Westley here is taking you and your sub-division, how many troopers do you have again?" Captain Poole sounded a bit absent minded. He was still staring at a map.
"15 today, sir, 2 on the sick list."
"Good, good. Cornet Westley is taking you up this mountain trail. It's supposed to lead to a monastry or church... or a convent, possibly."
The captain looked up from the map and gave Grey a hard glare. "And as you are so fond of walking horses, you and your men will stay dismounted." He gave a beatific smile. "Will do the horses good, no doubt."

Oh. And he had gotten such a good round of laughs when he had told his story to the officers yesterday. Inwardly Grey sighed.

"Yessir."

He could already feel his trooper's glares like daggers in his back. Oh, well. He'd get them going all right.

(ooc there is a Pratchett quote. All hail the master)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2