Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

A tavern somewhere in Lisbon

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A tavern somewhere in Lisbon - Page 3 Empty Re: A tavern somewhere in Lisbon

Post  Gabriel Cotton Sun May 18, 2008 10:34 am

"Are you around tomorrow afternoon? I've got a two-hour picquet in the morning."
Gabriel Cotton
Gabriel Cotton
Captain

Species : 5/60th Rifles; Captain's servant
Number of posts : 4145

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/rifleman-gabr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 am

"I am, if that damn bugger of a Royal Engineer Hogan does not have anthing in store for us too soon."

Holding out his hand to Cotton. "So, it's tomorrow afternoon then, Mr. Cotton." Thinking of where the competition should take place. "Let's meet at the fields just outside the center and we'll see who's best shot in Lisbon!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Cotton Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

He shook Hagman's hand.

"That'll be grand. I'll be there!"

He stood. "I really have to be going. It was good to met you."
Gabriel Cotton
Gabriel Cotton
Captain

Species : 5/60th Rifles; Captain's servant
Number of posts : 4145

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/rifleman-gabr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 am

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Cotton."

Hagman leaned back, a content smile on his lips and looked after the young rifleman as he left the tavern. He'd be really looking forward to their shooting tomorrow. He stroked his rifle absentmindedly, thinking where he should go next.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 10:36 am

After setting his mind on going straight back to where he was stationed with the other Chosen Man, Hagman got up, glad not to be too unsteady from the brandy. He shouldered his rifle and left the tavern.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 10:58 am

A neat posada was just what Williams needed, somewhere for a drink and perhaps an exchange of stories, true or false, what did that matter. But the bar was almost empty and as he stepped into the doorway, the last customer, a darkfaced man in Rifle Green brushed past him. He had to step back sharply to avoid being jostled.

"Sorry I am. My fault entirely. I just happened to be occupying the same spot in the doorway that you needed to make your exit. Well?" The Rifleman, who smelt of brandy, ignored him.

Williams contemplated pursuing him. A tougher stance was needed. The Inniskillings do not give ground, if they can help it. Especially not to Johnny-come-lately novelties like Riflemen.

On the other hand, he was a Rifleman, and - there were interesting stories about the men of the 95th who were here in Lisbon. And the girl behind the bar had eyes that reminded him of some girl he had met in hills behind Merthyr...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Hagman had set his mind to go and find the lads but as he found himself face to face with a red-coat when he left the tavern he got the feeling that he'd be kept a bit longer from his evening meal.

He looked at the Private in surprise at his words, not quite sure what to make of them, but not missing the challenging tone.
"Don't make a fuss over it, lad. Just didn't see ya standin' there's all."

He was not in the mood for a fight so he tried to settle it his way. And seeing the Private ogling the tavern girl he thought he might be successsful.
"Now that you say it, I changed my mind about leaving anyways. Let's see if they have some more of that brandy left." and he added in a hushed tone "can't drink that piss they call wine here, can I".

Stepping back into the tavern he made a wide gesture with his arms, grinning.
"And we won't have difficulties findin' a table, I'd say"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 pm

"That bad, is it?" said Williams. He studied the Rifleman for a moment then grinned back. "And no offence taken. I wasn't looking where I was going..." He hesitated over the word 'either' and said it anyway. "Thinking only of a drink to settle the dust. Very dusty town, Lisbon."

"So the brandy's worth drinking here, is it?" he asked, making sure his money was secure. "Anything that's wet would be welcome." He decided to take the Rifleman's words as an offer to pay and sat down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Hagman was content on hearing the conciliatory words and strolled over to a table. He put his rifle down and waved at the girl to order two mugs of brandy.

He looked at the red-coat. "Dan Hagman, 95th" and decided to put things clear from the start and added with a proud smile "Chosen Man".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 8:38 pm

"There's fine," Williams murmured. "Private Owen Williams, 27th."

He watches the girl as she brings the brandy over. "And there's fine, too. I can't say I'm sorry to stop marching and find a welcome place to sit and talk with someone other than the men on either side. Run out of things to say, after a while."

He takes the mug and drinks. "And good health to you too, Chosen Man! What do you do to pass the time here?" His eyes swivelled towards the woman. "Other than the obvious, that is."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 8:48 pm

"Just arrived in Lisbon then, eh?" He took a sip from the brandy. "Not much ta do 'round here 'sides the obvious, as ya call it, since everybody seems ta be in a waiting for orders. But one can always find some fun when lookin' for it in the right places." He wasn't sure if he should tell him about the shooting yet and decided to first see what kind of fellow this Williams was.

"What are the 27th up to here then, besides the obvious?" he addes grinning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 12:32 am

Williams sipped his drink meditatively for a moment. "We were here earlier, all ready to fight the Frogs, but they never turned up," he said softly. "But then someone decided we'd like a little stroll - kind of them really, so we marched off to Cadiz, thinking that the Don Spaniards would be really pleased if we saved them from the Frogs, but that didn't work out either. And I was looking forward to grateful senoritas and lots of wine. So the officers talk to the Spaniards, and it turns out we're not welcome so we come back here."

He looked thoughtfully at the Rifleman. "We heard about Corunna of course. Didn't you fancy a nice trip home to England, then?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 12:46 am

Hagman watched Williams closely as he told the story of the 27th. He had heard of course about some of this but could sympathise with the man's dissappointment.
"That's always the way with them officers. Can't get damn things like this done properly. And we poor buggers have to march the whole way and back."

"Most of the 95th is home at the moment or on their way back here I figure. Me and some o' the lads were... (he wasn't sure if he should admit that they were cut off) ...stayed behind with our officer though. And here we are now, waiting for ol' Nosey to come along an' give us new orders."

He took another decent gulp of his brandy despite the fact that he wanted to drink it a bit more slowly this time, the two from earlier on were taking to him already.
"How are ya planning to spend your time in Lisbon then, Williams?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 am

"There's a girl I know. She'll welcome me back." He snorted. "Welcome back half the battalion, probably! But while I've got the freedom to choose who my mates are, I'll probably just sit and drink and talk. Now the chiefs are here, it will be too short a time of peace."

He looked thoughtfully at Hagman, recognizing the signs: "And there's sleep too, which we never get enough of once the trouble starts. Sore deprived I've been these last few weeks. And I'm delaying you with my chatter, making you come back in here. Perhaps we can meet tomorrow, and I'll show you some of the sights - you being new here."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 1:04 am

At Williams words Hagman realised how tired he was already. The red-coat was probably right, he should go and get some rest, especially with the shooting competition tomorrow afternoon with Cotton.

"Na, that's allright. You're not keeping me." He yawned. "But I should get a moving on anyways an' don't wanna keep ya away from you girl" He winked at him.
"About you showing me 'round Lisbon, I have an appointment with a young rifleman at the fields just outside the center tomorrow afternoon. Ya could drop by an' I'll show ya how proper riflemen pass their time." He downed the last if the brandy in one gulp.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 1:07 am

Williams was briefly concerned that he was being asked to participate in some illegal combat, but realized his mistake and nodded, finishing his drink too. "I would be delighted. See what support we can expect for you, when it gets real."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 am

Hagman saw a slight worry wash over the red-coat's face and smiled.
"See ya tomorrow then, Williams. We'll show ya how proper firing's been done."
He stood and held out his hand to Williams. "And be nice to ya girl"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3