Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds

4 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 Empty Re: 6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds

Post  Allhands Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 pm

"You've deserved it." Estefania answered sharply, slowly got up and dusted herself a little then threw the blanket in which ever direction was pretty much easiest.

"..They did not know that you would flip." She added, yet again straightened up, and as if nothing strange had happened moments ago other than her temper was somewhat worse.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Species : Kitty-in-disguise
Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds - Page 6 Empty Re: 6th August, 1809: Chaos breeds vagabonds

Post  Marashar Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 am

"They knew perfectly well what would happen! Why do you think they watched so eagerly?", he growled. He picked up his blanket and shook it out, growling even more when he saw the cut where he had slashed it with his knife. After he had folded it carefully over one arm, he pointed sternly to the place by the fire.

"If you don't want a blanket, that is fine with me. But now you go and sit down there and don't move a muscle until we are ready to go. I would double the price for you for that stunt, but I actually pity the guy who gets you back."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Species : Give me the coffee!
Number of posts : 456

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 am

"..You are merely sour because I had been able to come up behind you without you ever noticing.." Estefania answered stiffly. "And rather than being thankful I have discovered where you ought to be more careful in the future. .you will punish me and him... it is hardly fair..." She added.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 am

"This is a camp! If I turn around and skewer ever person that walks behind me, I'll either run out of men in three days or nothing will ever get done", he snarled. "But you are right - I definitely need to be careful with all too cocky prisoners. So go and sit down there! Or do I need to tie you down?"

His voice got constantly louder over the last few sentences, until he was roaring at her again.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:13 am

Estefania kept her tongue though she thought that the man had been rather sensitive over nothing as she had not tried to harm him. Really, she should have done it though. He was to blame for the injury to both of her fellow irregulars and he was extorting another for money. However , she was not stupid. Had she done anything, she would be to blame for the death of the remaining captive and herself.

She walked to where she was told to sit, sat down and eyed him silently. She may not have said anything but her eyes were quite clearly asking whether he was 'happy' now.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 am

He glowered at her some more, just to make his point, then with a satisfied nod, he turned back to the slightly spooked horses.

The bandit who had pointed his weapon at Emanuel took it down again and carded his fingers through his hair.

"Huh, wow ... glad this is over. Is she always so ... like that?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Emanuel looked up at him and shrugged. "She is ..often quite... like that. It is unusual, but you must have heard of the women standing against the French to defend their town and also drove them out? I wold reckon that she has their spirit. I don't know. The times are strange but I trust her."

Estefania seemed to not much aknowledge his glare but looked elsewhere in defiance of it.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 am

The guard - the others were calling him Armando - watched the studied indifference of their leader as he was taking an excruciating amount of care with their horses' gear.

"She certainly has. Just ... could she exercise it perhaps towards the French like those ladies? Because if she continues to provoke him, he will feel he has to do something to make sure everybody knows he is not to be trifled with, and then he will either feel terrible for not having the stomach to murder her while she has no such problems, or he will feel sick for murdering a woman. And ... then things will go to hell in a handbasket from there, and we all would rather prefer to avoid that, you understand?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:05 pm

"I do not know what she will do, though I think her earlier action was not the usual for her." Emanuel answered and then added more quietly. "But please, do not harm her. She's.. a woman and they are sometimes silly and impulsive and terribly behaving but in these times.... it is nearly expected. The world has gone mad.." He shrugged slowly and winced at the pain that this slight movement caused.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:08 am

The guard laughed rather mirthlessly.

"It has indeed ... Tell her to be careful? He's ... well ... sometimes not behaving that differently? And I guess nobody of us knows really what status to accord to her."

He held out his own wineskin. While the brandy in it was not the best, it was certainly potent.

"Take a swig - it will tan your insides, but enough of it and you won't feel a thing. Don't start singing, though, or telling me your life's woes, please."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

"You needn't worry. We will soon be gone..I hope." The man answered gazing at Estefania who had waited patiently and quietly, although in some way her posture and manner was still defiant.

"Thank you." He took the wineskin and took a few gulps from it. He was careful to use the right arm and have the other make no assistance to the first. He did not want to disturb the wound further.

"..I'll keep to drinking little and staying sober for the time." he answered. "The sooner we are gone the greater the chance that situation from earlier does not repeat itself."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:48 am

"Don't worry. Half an hour, and we'll be on our way!", Armando promised. He found it rather entertaining to watch Estefania glower and his leader sneak occassional glances in her direction while pretending to be busy with the horses.

"It would be rather funny if we would accidentally catch you again sometime. Without shooting you unnecessarily, of course. I wonder what would happen then between those two?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:45 pm

"If it is all the same to you I would prefer not to cross paths with you again. The shooting being part of it, the needing of ransom another. I do not think we are quite so important that many would want to pay anything for us." Emanuel answered and winced as he shifted a little.

"But considering them... you mean, if they would not have killed each other? " He smiled. They were like fire and ice or fire and water it was somewhat entertaining to watch them now. It had not been earlier, when he had been afraid for her and their life.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 am

Armando pulled a face.

"Yeah ... although, next time, he probably won't ask for anything - he will be afraid to get stuck with her."

He pointed to the shot shoulder with the piece of bread he was munching on.

"How's your shoulder anyway? Good enough to walk for an hour? It will be slow walking - the path is not the best for horses."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 am

"So we are safe from now on?.." Emanuel asked in mock amusement. "I will need to thank her and encourage her to behave in such fashion should we encounter the likes of you.." He sombered up a little.

"....I'll walk...It's not good, but I will stand it." He just hoped that the journey to their meeting place will be uneventful. He did not want to loose his life or have the woman loose hers only because she could not control her temper.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

"Save from extortion ... I would not put it past him to throw her in the next river next time and pretend he had never seen her."

He jumped to his feet.

"Alright. Come on, you better talk to her - as sulky as she is, she might pull another prank. She could of course apologize, but ... I guess that is the next powder keg waiting to explode, so perhaps better stay away from that."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:43 am

"If you ask her, she'd probably take him down with her.." Emanuel answered and stood much more slowly than the other man. He did not fully straighten, but began to walk with a slight hunch, careful not to have his shoulder in any sort of discomfort.

He did not point out that perhaps rather than sulky, she was probably just trying to be defiant. It would not help the case. "Let me stay close by her, and you'll have no trouble."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 am

"She certainly will try ... and they probably will have killed each other before they hit the bottom."

The guard slung his rifle over the shoulder and checked the pistol in his sash. Just to keep matters from becoming too cozy, he waved it demonstratively a bit.

"All ready and loaded. Let's talk to her highness, before his highness has the idea to do it and says something stupid."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Emanuel had no reason to attempt to flee now. They would soon be handed over and he had an inkling that they would not be shot before this happened. There was of course still a chance, but it might be harder on them, if they considered them more as people than as merely prisoners.

He slowly began to walk towards Estefania. The woman gazed briefly at them. She said nothing, but she did study Emanuel questionably.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 am

Armando followed, putting a nice, neutral smile on his face for Estefania. He wondered whether the lady was wearing shoes that would allow her to walk comfortably. And whether his still majestically sulking leader would allow her to sit on one of their pack ponies if not. He seemed to have at least saddled one.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Emanuel addressed her, telling her that it was near time to go, or so he was told. She glanced at his guard and then stood. "My mare?" she inquired, indicating that she wished to know the mode of travel, whether it be by food or horse. She did not see reason now that she should try to flee, though she might become indebted to the Lord, when his money changed hands with the leader.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:36 am

Armando shook his head.

"The way we will take is too slippery. She'll be restored to you as soon as we have the money, and in the meanwhile, Ignacio will take good care of her. Can you walk in those boots?"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 am

Estefania was momentarily tempted to retort that 'no she has never properly learned' but held her tongue instead. She nodded in response and gazed past the man.  "...as far as we are needed." She spoke stiffly.
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 am

The bandit, who felt completely unqualified to deal with prickely females, ducked his head and muttered something like an apology, and left all further talking to Emanuel.

Unfortunately, his reaction drew the attention of their leader, and el Atracador glared at the woman.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Allhands Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:02 am

Emanuel sighed. He began to address her but she seemed to keep her gaze on Atracador, matching his glare with hers. Emanuel took a step to the front of her and into her vision, blocking the man from her view. "...Segnorita...we do not have time for this!" He muttered sharply to her in Portuguese. "We are alive because he allows us to be...so let us appreciate it and move on until the Englishman pays for us and the horses."
Allhands
Allhands
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next