Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 Empty Re: 26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:17 am

Hunter gave Torrington a withering look, but accepted the ham.

It was getting rather dark, several torches and fires were already lit and the paddock was finished. Slowly the clearing was filling up with people and a lot of them did not look like they belonged to the gypsy band: they sat or stood a little aloofly, though some seemed to be on friendly terms with the band.

A young woman passed Torrington and Hunter by and gave Torrington a playful smile.
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Species : British Infantry; ADC to General Wellesley
Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip - Page 3 Empty Re: 26th June, late evening: the Dinner Trip

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 am

Edward returned it and gave her a playful salute, and only Hunter next to him could see that it didn't reach his eyes and he still looked around cautiously and ready to react.

"Definitely an improvement over our camp, but ... from what I heared about gipsies, it would be rather an invitation to trouble, wouldn't it?", he murmured.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Species : Royal Engineer Captain
Number of posts : 1854

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1673-edward-lord-torringto

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am

Hunter huffed out a laugh. "You, Torrington, would be an invitation to trouble in heaven itself."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 am

Edward raised a sarcastic eyebrow.

"And am I to take it that, since you have joined me, you are trouble?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:04 am

"No, I am an angel," Hunter smirked and bit into the slice of ham.
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

"I do not think those descriptions are mutually exclusive! You are that kind of angel that was asked to leave and enjoy a warmer clime."

Edward began to munch (in a very aristocratic manner) on a piece of ham himself.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 am

"I am the kind of angel who sauntered vaguely downwards, if anything."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 am

"I'm sorry I wasn't around. I would have provided you with a good map to help with the vaguely part."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am

"You weren't around because you were causing trouble for Eve."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 am

"She was a very nice woman, and my mother had taught me to share."

Edward speared a piece of cheese and held it out to Hunter with a tempting smile and a playful pose.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 am

Hunter plucked the cheese off the knife point and popped it into his mouth. "Well, let's see what knowledge I will acquire."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

Edward tossed his head back to shake the lock Hunter had so artfully arranged out of his eyes again.

"The forms of things unknown ... and probably of my fist if you insist on teasing me that way."

But he said it teasingly and without any anger.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 am

"I always was of the opinion that the form of the fist is not exactly the important thing about it...," Hunter grinned and moved slightly away from Torrington.
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 am

Edward grinned back and glanced pointedly down at the bigger space between them.

"I'm not quite sure whether I should take that as a compliment to my wiry strength or as an insult."

He was still much more relaxed and teasing than Hunter had seen him before, but he had slipped out of his 'highwayman' act. Quite a skilled actor when he concentrated on it, it was still always an act to him and as such required constant attention to get it right. So his sprawl now with each move reverted back to a more dignified posture and his diction had become clear and and slightly drawling again.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 am

"Take it as a precaution on my part, nothing else." Hunter turned his attention to the food. He in counterpoint to Torrington was relaxed, an air of swagger present about him, even as he sat and chewed.

The voices were getting louder and rowdy. The woman who passed them by earlier walked up and smiled rather invitingly to Torrington, speaking to him in Spanish. Hunter snorted.
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 am

Edward raised his eyebrow at him and in his most beautiful Italien, with a charming, playful smile, replied to the woman:

"Forgive me, senorita, but your dazzling beauty has struck me so much and my ears were so overwhelmed by the melody of your voice that my poor brain quite failed to understand your words."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 am

The woman just laughed, not really understanding what Torrington said, then switched to Portuguese. "You don't only look like a lord, you sound like one."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 am

His Portuguese was by now marginally better than his Spanish, which helped just enough to understand that he and 'lord' were mentioned in the same sentence, and that a not had been somewhere in that sentence, too, but he hadn't been quick enough to catch whether he was supposed to be a lord (that possibility send a chill down his spine - had their incognito been discovered?) or whether the lady was mock-offended because he hadn't behaved like a gentleman (the second part bothered him quite as much). So he answered more seriously, still in Italian:

"Forgive me, but I still don't understand you."

He glanced at Hunter, who should have been able to at least understand the Spanish words.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 am

Hunter shook his head: "I refuse to be your matchmaker, Torrington."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 am

the sarcastic eyebrow came into play again.

"So you refuse to help a lady for fear that I might run off with her?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 am

"No, I simply refuse to get blamed for the consequences. If you wish to flirt with her, do leave me out of it." Hunter was smiling and his tone was light, but there was a certain tightness to his voice.

George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 am

Edward suddenly laughed.

"Oh no, you are my host for tonight, you will not be left out of anything! So if you don't want to watch me making polite, but ununderstandable conversation with a pretty girl, I'm afraid you will have to provide a suitable substitute for my entertainment."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 am

"Don't worry, it's coming." Hunter said something to the girl. She let out a reluctant laugh, shrugged and walked off, her skirts swishing.

One of the men, who looked to be in charged suddenly shouted something and people dropped whatever they were doing and their attention was riveted to the paddock. A group of men led several horses into it.

Hunter shifted closer to Torrington. "There is our entertainment. They have several horses to sell."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 am

Edward jumped to his feet to get a better look. If he had been anybody else, he would probably have whistled under his breath.

"And a good one it is. Can we bid, too? That gray mare that man is leading in just now ..."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  George Hunter Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 am

Hunter rose and slung an arm around Torrington's shoulders, leaning in. "Bid away, just let's see what others offer for it first. Don't look so eager Torrington. One would think you never haggled before."
George Hunter
George Hunter
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next