Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester

Go down

To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester Empty To the Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester

Post  John Vickery Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Title: From the Vickery Family Papers
Fandom/Canon: Show the Colours
Author: Sharpie
Word count:
Rating: U
Spoilers: None
Pairing/Characters: John Vickery
Disclaimer:
Author's Note: It is so hard to write a 'complete' correspondence that supposedly takes place over a period of time, yet takes in events that haven't been RP'd yet. This is probably Letter 3, and bumps up all the rest! Correspondence from the papers of the Vickery family, between Captain John Vickery of the 5/60th and members of his family. Dated the 27th June 1809, to The Hon Miss Vickery, Fallbrooke House, nr Winchester, Hampshire, England
~ ~ ~

My dearest Sister,

You will wonder at my writing to you again so soon, but really, this latest escapade cannot be kept secret from you. I believe I have told you of the scrapes my men think up, but that is nothing to the scrape that your brother found himself in lately.

I must set the scene for you, so that you will understand the ridiculousness of it. You know that I have my tent, and a very pretty home it is, too, when the baggage can be brought up to us. My man sets it up with the greatest alacrity and ease, and I have every comfort I could desire, with my campaign bed, the neat folding table that my father gave me, and my writing slope (which I use daily and thank you for every time) set upon it.

You may imagine your dearest brother sitting at his table completing his accounts, for you should know that the work of an officer on campaign is never done, when what should occur but the tent is struck most unceremoniously and furniture, equipage, officer and all is bundled up inside and trodden all over by a great heavy creature that I thought must have escaped from the nearest menagerie (several miles away) or the Heavy Dragoons (somewhat closer).

The entrance to my erstwhile home is quite gone and I find that I have to crawl out from underneath the forlorn pile of canvas almost into the arms of Captain my Lord Torrington, who seemed most concerned at the destruction of my neat home.

You may rest assured that I was not much hurt, and the impudent creature – an ox, lately escaped from the butcher – was munching quite contentedly on a handful of hay being fed to it by one of my men, a new recruit to my Company who looks in terror upon even a little dog the size of Tip.

Should my mother wish to read this missive, please reassure her that although I am quite black and blue, I have thankfully suffered no lasting ill-effects. Would you please also remind her that I cannot possibly be expected to have furlough as my duties must take precedence and therefore cannot either meet or marry Miss Price in the foreseeable future?

I must close now, and remain your most affectionate brother,

Jno Vickery
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Species : Captain; 5/60th Rifles
Number of posts : 2869

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1736-capt-the-hon-john-vic

Back to top Go down