Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Adventures (with 8 Ball influence)

+2
hawkes
Nicolas Daubigny
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures (with 8 Ball influence)

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 Untitled-3

Chevenier followed Daubigny outside.

"Very likely," he said. "We could always walk down to the inn. All this talk of wine has made me rather thirsty for it."
hawkes
Midshipman

Species : Death of Rats - SQUEAK!
Number of posts : 250

Back to top Go down

Adventures (with 8 Ball influence) - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures (with 8 Ball influence)

Post  Keiju Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:00 pm

No wine in the stable. Shame. Blanchard felt ready now to venture inside.

"The inn is a delightful place," he said.
Keiju
Keiju
Captain

Species : A most Jellicle Cat
Number of posts : 3567

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:00 pm

"I don't suppose either of you have seen Jarreau in there?" asked Leveque, nodding a greeting to Daubigny.
outis
Commander

Species : Sofa Monster
Number of posts : 1700

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:02 pm

"I'm afraid not," Chevenier answered. "I do not believe that I have seen him all day."
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

"I saw him some place today, I think," Daubigny answered helpfully. "Why? Do you need him for something? Or were you just going to invite him along?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Species : French Navy; Lieutenant
Number of posts : 163

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/lieutenant-ni

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:25 pm

"No, nothing pressing," responded Leveque, mildly relieved that Daubigny's report had not included a complaint of some sort. Wherever Jarreau was, at least he wasn't making a nuisance of himself. "I was just wondering where he had got to."

Jarreau rounded the corner of the barn and halted, noticing the small group up ahead. Damn. Had they seen him? He hesitated, debating the merits of quietly retreating the way he had come.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:48 pm

A flash of movement near the stable caught Chevenier's eye, and he glanced up. Jarreau stood there, looking rather distinctly as though he wished to disappear and not speak to any of them. Chevenier cast the other man a wink.

"Well," he said cheerily to Leveque, "I don't think you need wonder any longer." He gestured to the edge of the barn. "There he is now."
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:04 pm

"We're going to the tavern!" Daubigny called, waving to Jarreau. "At least, that's the plan. I think. Yes?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Leveque looked up in surprise and his face split into a grin, "Sebastien! What are you doing over there? Come and say 'hello'!"

Dammit! Jarreau cast a glare in Chevenier's direction. "Bloody cavalry," he muttered, starting towards the others.

outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:12 pm

"Shall we go?" Daubigny asked, turning in the direction of the gate. "This way, isn't it?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

"Indeed," Chevenier agreed, moving to follow Daubigny toward the village. "Are the rest of you accompanying us?"
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 pm

"I have just come from there, myself," responded Leveque, "But I have no objection to returning. It is far better to be out of doors on such a fine day. Sebastien? You will join us, won't you?"

Jarreau snorted softly. Leveque reminded him of nothing so much as a keen and amiable bird dog. He lacked only the lolling tongue and wagging tail to complete the image.

Disinclined though he was to company, the prospect of a drink was a tempting one and, after a moment's hesitation, Jarreau agreed.

outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Walking with long and eager strides under a blue sky and warming sun, and happy with the prospect of a drink, Daubigny began to make small talk with his companions. "Is this how you often pass the time, talking walks or going to the tavern?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 pm

"Among other things," Chevenier said. "Today is certainly a fine day for it." He smiled up at the sky. A break from English rain was quite welcome.

"The castle does have a small library - mostly in English, of course, but a few in French or Latin - have you seen it?"
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:01 pm

"I have," Daubigny answered. "But... I have always been a man of action rather than a man of books. Though I might not turn down a good novel. Do you gentlemen enjoy reading?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:03 pm

"I confess, I do enjoy it. Though if reading is not for you, there are some in our company who give lessons in English," remarked Leveque, then with a grin added, "It might prove useful should you ever discover that English girl of yours."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Daubigny grinned, but was quick to protest. "She's not my English girl. Though I wouldn't object to an English girl."
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 pm

"Oh?" Chevenier said, eyes glinting with mischief. "Then you do not wish to find out that there are, in fact, piano lessons given here to young English women?"
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Daubigny gaped in amazement. "Well... of course that interests me, yes! But I myself... that is to say, I would not flatter myself as to... I would never dare to boast... How does one go about obtaining a pupil?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkes Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:01 am

"Easy enough, I would suppose," Chevenier replied with a laugh, amused by Daubigny's stumbling enthusiasm. "Advertise in the town. Do you speak English?"
hawkes
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 pm

"Of course," Daubigny replied, looking rather proud. "I've been told I speak excellent English. What about the rest of you? I suppose everyone is at least able to make themselves understood with the villagers?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:31 pm

"I can usually muddle through," responded Leveque, "Though I fear I must butcher the unfortunate tongue rather cruelly," he added with a self-effacing grin. When Jarreau did not seem inclined to comment, he prompted, "Even Sebastien here knows a little. Is that not so?"

"Enough to buy beer," came the grudging response.

"Ah yes. Have you had occasion to sample the local brew yet, sir?" He asked, directing the question at Daubigny.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:39 pm

"Only once," Daubigny answered. "It was not the finest ale I've had in my life, but it was better than none at all. But I did enjoy some mutton there, even if I did not enjoy the ale or the company. I mean the English villagers there. It felt like they were staring at me. Are they ever openly hostile?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Jarreau snorted, "You're lucky that's all they did. Not afraid of a bit of a scrap, are you?"
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Daubigny Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Daubigny blustered. "Of course not!" What lieutenant would have admitted to a thing like that? But he frowned with concern. "Why? Have they ever attacked someone? That you've seen?"
Nicolas Daubigny
Nicolas Daubigny
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next