Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Training Day - Meeting Riflemen

5 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 Empty Re: Training Day - Meeting Riflemen

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 am

Mícheál took a deep breath - it was almost as bad as the rifle competition. "In night, I shout you. Is bad to shout girl, and I say sorry, very very sorry. But is..." He searched for the word, and could not find it. "I shout because is sergeant."

Back to top Go down

Training Day - Meeting Riflemen - Page 6 Empty Re: Training Day - Meeting Riflemen

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 am

She was touched by his awkwardly sweet apology. "Well, that's all right, dear. I was only coming to say hello. But... sergeant?" She frowned, wondering if she was misunderstanding his garbled speech.
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Species : Camp follower, 60th Rifles
Number of posts : 1026

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/jenny-

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 am

Carty's face relaxed into a wide smile when he realised that he was forgiven. "Oh, Jenny, thank you. Sergeant - Harris and me and Timothy in tavern in night, and sergeant in 33rd there, and he making girl cry. Making hold girl-" He made a cupping gesture and swiftly dropped his hands and his eyes. "Making cry. I say to Harris, "Harris, I tired, I going billet", but man for girls making sergeant cry, and he outside tavern, and he shouting and moving and he wanting fight - I am thinking he wanting fight me! And you say, "Hello, Mícheál!" and I say, "Go away!", because I not want sergeant making you cry. Not you, Jenny."

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 am

She frowned, trying to concentrate on the story to understand its meaning. A sergeant and a lot of people crying. But somehow it had involved Carty wanting to protect her, and that made her smile. "Well that's understandable, and that's very sweet, Mícheál. Thank you." And she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "But he didn't fight you, did he? Fight with you, I mean."
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 am

Mícheál's ears went red and he began to giggle self-consciously as all of his English deserted him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:06 am

His laughter was catching. "Uh, what was that, Mícheál?" she laughed. "You were telling me about a sergeant..."
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 am

"Sergeant," he said, his giggles turning into genuine laughter - Jenny's answering mirth made his heart hammer against the inside of his chest. "Sergeant, yis yis yis!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 am

She shook her head, smiling. She wouldn't be able to get a straight answer out of him now, but he was obviously unharmed from his ordeal with the violent, crying sergeant. "Well I'm glad you're all right. And you did very well in the rifle competition, and in the skirmish. Well done."
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:24 am

"Go raibh mile maith agat," Carty said, shyly beaming.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 am

"What?"
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

"Is, is..." Carty said, struggling. "Thank you. Is thank you. I..." He stared down at the floor again. "I go Harris now," he said, overcome with embarrassment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:32 am

"All right," she replied, smiling with great amusement. "Goodbye, dear."
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 am

Carty flashed her a smile of pure joy, and sprinted away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ross Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:44 am

She shook her head as she watched him dash off. He could be deadly with that rifle, she was sure, but at the same time he was such a boy. And now she'd better go and finish her mending while she could. It wasn't every day that there was plenty of time to sit and sew by sunlight.
Jenny Ross
Jenny Ross
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:46 am

Philippa regretted that they had been too late to see the rifle competition, but from Private Little's description all the contestants had done brilliantly. But by the time she had managed to escape from lessons, the Rifles Training Day had almost ended. The First Division had its own Rifles companies, of course, but somehow they had never chosen to turn their training into a show. She hesitated as a young lad, in the black facings of the 95th, dashed across the open space, heading for a group of other riflemen.

She would not be allowed to try a rifle, of course. But several redcoats had asked, or offered, and were being drilled in the procedures by green-coated riflemen. Most of them were from the 60th regiment, and there was the sound of German, as a redcoat from one of the KGL line regiments spoke to a German in the 60th. She stopped to watch as the serious young man took up the rifle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 pm

[coming from here]

Brandon had left Wellesley to walk back to the monastry alone, to look for Hunter, prepared that it might turn out not to be that easy, with the Captain's habit to disappear suddenly.
He had not seen him at the tryouts earlier, but he had to start somewhere. So he made his way back to the field, still in thought about what the General had said about von Dorn and Hunter.

[ooc: sorry, have to run! work XD will continue later]

Last edited by Colonel Brandon on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link did not work)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 am

(Waldegrave "Was Pombal your first? I mean, have you been in a real battle?")

Jaeger turned as serious as the other Lieutenant. "I saw my first action the day prior to the battle of Rolica. We were in the advance guard, and had pushed some french sentries out of Obidos, and we pursued them a bit too far. Suddenly we were attacked in the flank by french forces...
At first, I could not think what to do, really, and Sergeant Fischer just dragged me along... but then training took over, and I was just doing."
He shrugged. "But then, what a 2nd Lieutenant does hardly matters."

"It was better the next day at Rolica and then later at Vimiero. I knew what to expect, then."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 am

Waldegrave opened and closed his mouth, and then stared at nothing in particular as he listened to Jaeger. "I haven't ... I mean, until yesterday - that was my first time being fired at. Our regiment - not the 62nd, but the -th Foot, which I joined as an Ensign - just sat around until ... They got orders to go the West Indies, and I thought - I managed to get transferred to the 2/62nd, who were going to come to Portugal - well, we got here eventually... " He turned after this confession to look at Jaeger, with something like envy. "They were real battles, Rolica and Vimiero - and you were with The General. Weren't you terrified?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 am

"At first I was scared stiff... if Sergeant Fisher hadn't pushed me into cover... but I learned."

Trying to give the other a reassuring smile, he continued: "And you didn't do bad yesterday, did you? I'm sure there would have been all sorts of gossip if you did. Someone would have noticed, what with Cottons flogging and all..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:13 am

"And all," Waldegrave repeated bitterly. "I didn't do bad, no. My horse was killed and I ran all the way to your Captain with the Colonel's message. I was too damned scared to walk back, so I went in ..." He grimaced. "At least no one attacked me with a frying pan."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 am

"One should not underestimate kitchen implements as weapons... I used to live in fear of cook's ladle... And even the stoutest soul ran when she was swinging her rolling pin."

[OOC drifts off in recolletion of a kitchen fight with nuns]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 am

Colonel Brandon was making his way through the crowds of Riflemen and red-coated Infantry soldiers. He was looking around for Hunter though he wasn't sure he would find him here.
Then he saw him, walking away from Edrington as it seemed. He observed him for a moment then walked towards him, a neutral expression on his face.

"Ah, Captaine Hunter" his tone was light, conversationally even. "From what it looks like the day has been quite successful. I take it everything went as planned?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 am

George froze. His mind was somewhat preoccupied and he did not see Brandon before the man addressed him. Quickly saluting, he answered:

'Yes, it would seem so, sir.' Now, what did Brandon want? George had talked to the man briefly before and he seemed to be nice, but he also was close to Wellesley and George could not be bothered undergoing another round of questioning. Yet, he smiled at the man, covering any irritation he might have felt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:06 am

"Did you have trouble? They didn't know riflemen - they thought they were more Frenchmen. I've never been more glad to have a red coat..." Waldegrave stopped and then said, gravely: "Not that I am not always proud of my uniform."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:19 am

Brandon observed the surprise on Hunter's face when he addressed him. But then the Captain's demeanour was all formal again.
"Sir Arthur just came to see for himself and was quite impressed. It's good to see the men take such pride in their skills. Did you overlook any of the events youself?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next