Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
7th October: Charming play - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

7th October: Charming play

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

7th October: Charming play - Page 4 Empty Re: 7th October: Charming play

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Thu May 29, 2014 8:29 pm

"I do not think I was, at least not when you performed." Estefania tried to recall the actors but she had been unable to see them outside of their costume. The performance was good, she only could not recognise any of the players and thought that it was none of the ones he knew that participated.

"I have seen two plays in succession though. Not the end of the second as I had to leave." She tapped her lower lip with her forefinger. "Much ado about nothing.." She had thought he mentioned the one. "But possibly a showing by a different group?" She smiled. "I think the Romeo and Juliet or some version of it followed but it had quickly deteriorated or improved.. I am not quite sure which, and took a different path to the text it was to follow!"
Estefania Lopes d.Almeida
Ship's Cook

Species : Guerillera
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Fri May 30, 2014 7:45 am

"Oh Lord ..."

Torrington was startled into laughter, but quickly tried to stiffle it in his sleeve before the people in the surrounding boxes could complain.

"Deteriorated captures it pretty well, I guess. I'm afraid first we lost Tybalt to a summons from the General right before his final confrontation, which let to his somewhat premature assisted suicide, quickly thereafter I had to follow - accounting for Juliet never walking up again and looking startlingly like a bunch of pillows -, but I was told that this never became a problem because shortly thereafter Romeo had to go as well, so he never got around to actually mourn her, and just swallowed the poison straight off. How did it actually end? Did the rest simply disappear as well?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Species : Royal Engineer Captain
Number of posts : 1854

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1673-edward-lord-torringto

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Fri May 30, 2014 8:19 am

"You were there?" Estefania asked incrediously. She was certain she would have remembered him if he was in the crowd, as the crowd of spectators was not huge, and she could not recall seeing him amongst the actors.

"....Wait.." She said, and covered her mouth as she had been just a little too loud saying that. "You mean to say, you played Juliet?" She seemed to try and picture him then in that costume. She shook her head. Had he really played her? She was so stunned that she had even forgotten to answer his question, at least at the time.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 am

Still seated, the major bowed, one hand dramatically over his heart.

"At your service, senhora. I'm glad my performance was not so terrible that you remembered. I'm truelly sorry for not noticing you, though."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am

"It was not terrible, but very convincing. I am ashamed to say, that I did not recognise you at all!"

She smiled. Slowly the images of Torrington as Juliet and one of him as himself began to merge and she could spot similarities that she did not see at the time. Still it had been a rather good costume and the fact she would never have imagined him wearing one, perhaps contributed to her not recognising him at all.

"I had to leave not too long after you and Romeo...who was he then?.. left having been summoned by my own."
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sat May 31, 2014 2:23 am

"Well, I did my best to make it so!", Torrington meekly pointed out.

"It is rather flattering that I succeeded. You know Romeo as well - Captain Lord Gwydyr. Although even we barely recognized him when he first showed up with that curly black wig and the black Italian moustache."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 am

"Lord Gwydyr? The captain?" Estefania shook her head again. "I must say... I've been fooled there! I can say though that I have been heartily entertained by your play. It may not have been according to what Shakespear may have intended but it was so much more entertaining! There is no time here in London where it could be repeated, is there?" She looked a little sad that this could be the case.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sat May 31, 2014 6:26 am

"Not with the original cast and company, I'm afraid. It would be more a distraction for the country, perhaps, given that the calender is pretty full during the season anyway."

Torrington shrugged.

"As I said, it kept us and our guests entertained - that should very much be in line with Shakespear's original intentions. Well, he also had to earn money from it, of course ... We should perhaps set up a scheme to collect some money for the widow's fund to capture the authentic atmosphere."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Sat May 31, 2014 7:16 am

"Do you plan to remain here for the whole of the season?" Estefania inquired curiously as she glanced back at the stage and at what went on there now. If entertainment was what Shakespear hoped for, then they did him justice and honour. Too bad that they had to leave in mid play, though perhaps that was as much part of the show as if they had stayed.

"An honourable cause would draw the crowd." She agreed more quietly.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:18 am

Torrington shook his head with a rueful smile.

"I am not sure yet. While it certainly is a change from the army live, it requires some adjusting. The recent round of gossip has made me think that it might be prudent to leave town for a while. There is also some business to take care of. How about you? From the bits and pieces I gathered in the foyer, your aunt is taking the waters at the moment - will you join her or remain in town?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:29 am

"It might be prudent...though it will not completely kill the gossip. It may only divert it for a little." Estefania said softly and studied one of the figures as it began its performance.

"I do not know what I will do. I have first to meet her having just learned that she remains in England." She looked a little sheepish at that. "Of what I've just heard, she is to come to town soon and so it would probably be more sensible to wait for her here..." She sighed lightly.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 am

Torrington tried not to squirm under the looks his mother shot at him at his nonchalant announcement that he intented to quit town - while she understood his reasoning, she still suspected that it was mostly an excuse to beat a more or less strategic retreat.

"You might write to her?", he suggested. "She will probably prefer to her from you as soon as possible."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 am

"I perhaps will though for that I need find her address or learn of it whether in Bath or hear." She looked thoughtfully at the figures below then after a few moments spoke again.

"Perhaps braving through this might assure you that there is nothing that can break or defeat you?" She said playfully and smiled. "It may not take physical strength but I am assured it may be a trial..sometimes." She paused again then added:" Or else where would you go?"
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 am

"She is in Brighton, I believe, and usually rents a house there", the countess chimed in.

"I'm sure we can spare a groom to deliver a letter, if you want. The one thing you learn if you are in a diplomat's household and have to deliver odd messages at even odder hours is to find people. Most of our servants have gotten very good at it."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 am

"Ah. Do you know if she is returning yet or if she remains there for much longer? It would not be fairest to the messenger, should they appear at the door of an empty house just to be told that the lady has already left."

She did look forward to seeing her aunt again though she wondered if the woman would still remember her now that she had grown a great deal and had probably aged with the stress of the war. She was certainly no longer a little child that the woman once knew.

"I would be honoured.."She said warmly having felt quite indebted to the kind assistance of Torrington's mother and sister but also wishing to invite them over if only for a simple tea. "..if you could come visit us at Ainsworth house."
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 am

"It would be a pleasure, my dear - will the day after tomorrow suit?"

The countess smiled back graciously.

"I don't know whether your aunt might have heard of your arrival. Then she would return post haste - otherwise she usually stays for several weeks. But the groom can inquire along the road - as long as your aunt still has your uncle's coat of arms on her coach, the inns will remember if she changes horses there."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 am

"Would the afternoon of that day suit you?" Estefania asked softly, contemplating what her arrangements were for the next few days. The next they would meet at the wedding, and the day before at least a part of it was still free. She would certainly need to write it down and consider sending a message to her aunt perhaps tomorrow before the wedding would take place.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 am

"Perfectly", the countess agreed, pulling a small ivory-bound notebook with a matching pencil out of her ridicule and making a note.

"Ainsworth House - that is one of the modern ones near that area where Regent wants to built his next palace and park, isn't it? In the old Marylebone Park area?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:36 pm

"I believe so." Estefania nodded in agreement."It is a relatively accommodating house. Captain Burlingame will be in attendance in the evening with Lady Ines." They would probably take most of the belongings that Ines had brought with her to England and be ready to move to his quarters.

"They should have a carriage available for the afternoon, and if it is easier, we can send it to you."
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:20 am

"Thank you, my dear, but my husband is kind enough to make sure that I always have independant transportation."

The countess smiled rather fondly. Since she was not as avid a rider as most of her family, supplying her with excellent, perfectly matched carriage horses was her husband's way of including her in his hobby - and of course with the carriage, footmen and coachman that would allow her to make most of them.

"Will the Captain and Lady Ines keep the house when they are married?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

"I do not believe they will purchase it. It is presently rented, and once they are married, they will probably move to his family's house in London until they leave for the country." She smiled lightly. "They are considering to purchase a place at some point as it is much easier, should they not need to burden their family when they arrive here, I believe, but we have not much discussed it with Lady Ines."
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:55 am

"What had you originally planned to do then?", the countess asked, slightly confused. "Were you supposed to go with them to the country, or did you intent to turn back home already?"
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:13 am

"I will have to find an affordable accommodation for the time, until I am now able to contact my aunt. We have not decided yet, though there were suggestions that a relative of my dear friend may stay behind until such time that all is settled and there is no need for them here any longer." She replied quietly so as not to disturb the others.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:55 am

The countess, who was a kind soul, said encouragingly:

"Well, in all likelihood your aunt will be back before it becomes an issue, but before you start looking around for your own accomodation, come and visit us for a few days. Even if my wayward son flees to Walham again, the earl and I will certainly remain in town until the end of the season."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Estefania Lopes d.Almeida Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 pm

"I would not like to be a burden to you." Estefania said honestly, although it would certainly have made things easier and it would probably please the family of Ines more as one of them otherwise, would be doomed to remain behind.

"Though if you would indeed have me and I can be of some help to you or in some way return the kindness you show me, it would be a ..." She hesitated not sure if she had remembered the correct expression. "A stone from my chest?" She said, with a tone that clearly showed her hesitance and hope that she would be understood and that she had not completely messed up the words.
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next