Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 Empty Re: 8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

Post  Dominic Charcot Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm

"A big horse?  Yes.  Big and heavy on my legs.  Paol moved it.  I think it must have hit me in the head, because I had fallen down and sort of fell asleep.  And I woke up blind and under a horse.  And deaf.  I couldn't hear.  What?  What?"  He closed his eyes again and cupped his hand to his ear.  "Paol, where are you?"  His finger men resumed their play on the table, one walking after the other.  "Paol, hello? Yes, I'm right here.  Paol, where are you?  I said I'm right here."
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Species : Fusilier, 86ème Régiment de la Ligne
Number of posts : 244

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t2169-dominic-charcot#11090

Back to top Go down

8 August; dans la plus haute chambre - Page 3 Empty Re: 8 August; dans la plus haute chambre

Post  outis Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

Martita giggled, snatching up the wooden mouse -- or rat -- and creeping it towards the two hand-soldiers. Mouse paused, sniffing. "I smell French soldiers..."
outis
Commander

Species : Sofa Monster
Number of posts : 1700

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:56 pm

"What?" Charcot said, closing his eyes and cupping his hand to his ear again. "What? What? Who is there?" He leaned his head toward the toy rat and sniffed.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:07 pm

"Rhaa! I am going to eat you," the rat announced and with something that resembled muffled laughter more than a ferocious growl, charged the two soldiers.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:14 pm

"No! Help me, Paol!" The hand that represented Paol climbed onto the back of the previously dead horse, and together they charged the rat.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Maria stopped at the foot of the stairs. Martita was squealing with laughter as she and the young soldier played with her wooden animals. Catching sight of her sister, she dropped the rat and ran over to her. "Maria! Guess what happened to Domingo! A horse fell on him! That's why he became blind."
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Charcot looked up with surprise as the girl left the table, but then he saw why: her beautiful older sister was in the door.  He blushed slightly to have been caught playing with toys, but he grinned at her anyway.  He could tell that the little one was talking about him.    Siégaut, that seemed to be what they kept calling him.

Last edited by Dominic Charcot on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Maria barely heard her. "Go play with your toys, Martita," she replied automatically and beckoned for the Frenchman to follow her.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:38 pm

"Me?" He was flattered that she wanted his presence, but he couldn't think why she did. But he rose obediently and moved toward her.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:54 pm

"But we were playing!" Martita protested, "Where are you going? I want to come. I want to play too!"

"The tall one is raving," Maria explained quickly to Doña Castillo and then, because it was faster than trying to explain, she grabbed the soldier's hand and pulled him up the stairs, followed by cries of childish outrage from below.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am

Charcot was bewildered at first, though certainly gratified that she was holding his hand. He willingly followed her, and then he realized what the cause must be.

"Paol?" he asked the girl. Idiot! He should have stayed with Paol, not gone wandering off to play silly games with Spanish girls. He was ashamed of himself for even flirting with this girl, as pretty as she was. He should have been thinking of nothing but Paol.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 am

"Yes," Maria said simply. They had reached the top of the stairs and she pulled him inside. She had no intention of letting him cry his way out of this.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am

"Paol?" Charcot moved into the room and stared at his friend and the other girl, Manuela. "What's wrong?"
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 am

Something was wrong. Paol's gaze darted around the room then returned to stare wide-eyed at Manuela. It was only the two of them, and she was holding his hand, but something was wrong. Something terrible was going to happen.

"You have to go," he tried to tell her, "Please, go. To--to...Please. It's not--"

And then something did happen. Someone else was there. A French voice, voices. French soldiers.

"No. No, stay away! French--French wounded. Here. We--we have..." His breath was coming in gasps. "We have the fever. Stay away!"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Number of posts : 1078

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/paol-k

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Charcot started to move closer, but he stopped, seeing the fear in his friend's eyes. "I know, Paol. It's all right. You have fever, but only because of your arm. You'll be better in a day or two." He exchanged a worried glance with Manuela. "It's me, Charcot. Dominic. And Manuela. Do you want some water?"

Manuela recognized that word. "L'eau? Do you want some water, some l'eau?"
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:07 am

Water? He stared between the two of them, confusion and fear mounting as reality and delusion clashed dizzyingly together. "No," he shook his head, stumbling drunkenly over the words, "No. No water. Nothing--nothing here. Wounded. Just wounded. French wounded."

"What's a Raving?" It was a new voice, small and bright, and though the face it belonged to was lost in the heaving blur of the room, he recognized the sound. Martita, but what.... And then a woman's voice, not Manuela's, rose after her. It must have been her sister, but then...where was he?

The memory of that night in the carpenter's house, after the fight with Thibaudeau, flickered bright for a moment and then dimmed. And then the horrible thought occurred to him that he'd never left. He was already half sitting and suddenly he was fighting to push himself up straight, struggling with the blankets which entrapped his legs and seemed almost to be weighted with lead. He had to get back. He had to tell Charcot. The French weren't coming. Or...they were coming? He suddenly could not seem to remember which it was, but he's promised Manuela he'd protect her and he had to get back. How long had he been gone? Charcot wouldn't have known where he was, what if he'd--But that thought was too terrible to finish. He had to get back.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 am

"No no no, Paol. Stay in bed." Charcot tried to push him back against the mattress as gently as he could, but even weakend by fever and one arm useless, Kerjean was strong. And he was obviously driven by fear of some sort. "What's the matter? There's nothing for you to worry about. Just lie back and try to sleep."
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:06 am

Hands seized him suddenly, thrusting him back, down, and the savage, raucous voices, the snarling, laughing, thundering din of the day before filled his ears again. "Gerroff! No!" He tried to fight back, grabbing a fistful of the other man's shirt and pulling himself up that way, but it was no use. The mad, ersatz strength of delirium soon spent itself and he collapsed back onto the bed. "Leave 'em alone! You can't--No! Leave them alone!" His hand dropped from Charcot's shirt and he tried once more, ineffectually to push himself up.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:14 am

"All right, all right! I'll leave them alone. All right?" Charcot stepped back slightly, raising his hands to show Paol that he meant no harm to whatever it was he was concerned about.

"Hush, hush, hush, hush," Manuela whispered. She had already poured a cup of water and she reached forward to help him drink from it. She glanced over her shoulder. "Martita, you should go downstairs with Tia Carla."
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  outis Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 pm

"But why is Paolo fighting with Domingo?" Martita wanted to know.

"Hush," Maria, whose attempts to shepherd her sister out of the room had been forestalled by the sudden violence of the soldier's outburst, tried to quiet Martita. "He's having a nightmare, that's all."

"Why can't you wake him up?"

"Sometimes when people are very sick, they have nightmares when they are awake."

To Martita this sounded like a truly terrible affliction. When she had nightmares, Maria Dolores would wake her up and would hold her and sing to her until she fell back to sleep. "Maybe you should sing to him," she suggested.

Maria felt herself blush. "Singing is for little girls, not big soldiers," she retorted matter-of-factly, herding her sister towards the door. Though in truth, with the violence of his delirium having spent itself, the man in the bed seemed little more than a frightened boy.
outis
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm

The press and roar of the struggle was slipping away, fading into the sound of a soft voice beside him and the feel of something hard and cool against his lips. Water splashed into his mouth and he was aware of a terrible thirst. He gulped at the water, drinking too quickly so that he began to cough, letting his head drop back as the spasms subsided.

It was cold, he realized, ice cold in the room and he was shivering. "Manuela?" he murmured, blinking as he tried to focus on the figure close beside him. And then, catching sight of the hazy, but unmistakeable form just behind her, "Charcot?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 am

"Yeah, I'm here." He drew closer again and sat on the edge of the bed. "You had a bad dream. You all right now?"

Manuela wordlessly refilled the cup and offered it to him.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:04 am

The dreams had drawn off a ways, but the cold, heavy sense of failure and of fear remained behind like a deep footprint. But the cup was pressed to his mouth and he did not have space to think again until he had drained it. Just a dream, Charcot had said. But he couldn't make himself believe it. What if it wasn't just a dream, what if it was a memory? It had felt real enough. But if it was a memory, if it had really happened, surely Manuela wouldn't be there. Or Charcot.

If indeed they were there. The thought caught him by surprise, sharp and painful like a thrust below the breastbone, and he looked between them anxiously as if more than half expecting them to fade into something else, or into nothing.

They seemed quite solid. But then so had Decoste's fists and the shoving, struggling bodies of the men trying to get into the house. And he'd lost Charcot. When the French came. But that must have been a dream as well, because the French weren't coming. Were they? And if that was a dream, then he's as good as lost him again. They'd never made it to the hospital. He couldn't help him, he couldn't help Manuela. He couldn't even tell if there was anyone left to help.

An aching tightness gripped his throat and his eyes stung. "I'm sorry. It weren't supposed to happen like this. I – I thought – I kept – kept... I'm sorry."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 am

"That's all right. It's turned out all right now, and you'll be feeling better soon."

Manuela reached out to hold his hand and found it to be cold and clammy. "He's cold," she told Charcot. "He needs to be warm. Give him those blankets, and I'll go and get him some hot broth, hot soup, downstairs."

Charcot understood some of her command, and he unfolded a blanket and laid it over his friend. "It's all right. Everything's going to be fine soon," he said quietly. "You're cold? What we need is a big dog to lie next to you. Remember that one that Foucheaux saved? And it repaid him by eating his bag?"
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:58 am

A weak, unexpected laugh escaped him at the memory and suddenly he felt like bursting into tears. He swallowed hard, blinking them back and curled his hand unconsciously around the folds of the blanket. The shared memory was reassuring somehow, however illogically. Thanks, he started to say, then stopped. Charcot was looking at him, really looking at him like he hadn't done since... since before the battle. And the blanket...Had Manuela brought it? No, that had been Charcot as well.

"You can see?" he asked, faint and disbelieving.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next