Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
5th August, evening - Casa Augustin EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

5th August, evening - Casa Augustin

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

5th August, evening - Casa Augustin Empty 5th August, evening - Casa Augustin

Post  Dominic Charcot Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:21 am

It was some hours after hearing the news of the French return that Charcot had a sudden realization.

"My letter!" he exclaimed. "Paol, Lieutenant Thibaudeau still has the letter to my family! I told them I was a prisoner. I don't want them to get that letter if we're going to be freed so soon. They'll be so upset!" He had planned that the letter would be his last goodbye to his family without saying as much, and it had been meant to prepare them for the later news of his death. It had not yet occurred to him that he was relinquishing his desire for death, but as it was, he no longer wanted to send his family that particular farewell.
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Species : Fusilier, 86ème Régiment de la Ligne
Number of posts : 244

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t2169-dominic-charcot#11090

Back to top Go down

5th August, evening - Casa Augustin Empty Re: 5th August, evening - Casa Augustin

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Paol opened his eyes. "Huh? Oh." He frowned as if processing the explanation only with difficulty. "So... you need it back?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Number of posts : 1078

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/paol-k

Back to top Go down

5th August, evening - Casa Augustin Empty Re: 5th August, evening - Casa Augustin

Post  Dominic Charcot Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 pm

"Yeah, I don't want him to send it and for them to get all worried.  About me being a prisoner I mean."  Plenty of time for them to worry about him being blind later.  He could write them another letter as soon as he was reunited with the army.  And maybe - "Paol!  Do you think the army will send me home?"  He felt on the floor for his boots.  "They'll have to send me home.  Were you sleeping?  Sorry!  Come and get in my bed.  I'll get that girl to take me over, or something. You should be sleeping in the bed."
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 pm

"I....Uh." Bed. Sleep... He shook his head. "No, no, I'll go. No sense dragging her into it."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Charcot Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 pm

"You sure? Damn, I'm sorry. You're still feverish!"
Dominic Charcot
Dominic Charcot
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:59 pm

His mouth quirked in a faint half smile. "A little walk ain't gonna kill me. 'Sides, I can't sleep." Pushing to his feet, he paused, his hand on the door. There was a very good chance the carpenter would not admit him. But there was no harm asking, he supposed. Not much at least. "Shouldn't be long."

He closed the door quietly behind him and made his way down the stairs, suddenly very conscious of trying to move softly, but at the same time make enough noise to alert anyone to his presence. More than ever now he felt an intruder in the house.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Manuela was just coming in with her basket of washing. The clothes were still damp - she had not yet mastered the art of timing her chores to the daylight - but she would hang them in the kitchen to finish drying overnight. She looked up as she heard the Frenchman approaching, but her eyes were red from crying and she was ashamed to meet his eye.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 pm

"Manuela?" he asked, his errand temporarily forgotten in sudden concern, "What--" But that was a stupid question. If the French were coming back, she had every reason to cry. They'd been so close to peace with all the armies leaving and now that was about to be snatched away again. "I--I'm sorry. I wish--I mean, if there's...." He trailed off. How could he possibly help when he was part of the problem?
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:49 pm

He was trying to show concern, she could tell. He was probably asking her what was wrong. "I'm scared," she admitted, glancing up at him for a moment. "All the soldiers."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Soldiers. He recognized that word and before he could think better of it, he blurted out, "I won't let them hurt you."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 pm

She was not entirely sure what he was saying, but it was meant to be reassuring. He probably thought his fellow French soldiers would be harmless and disciplined. She looked at him doubtfully. "There are bad men. Some of them are bad men, dangerous. And we're just two women in this house!"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:31 pm

"I know." He knew perhaps better even than she did. He swallowed, then haltingly tried again. "I..ah, protect? I would protect you?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:39 pm

He knew? Was he saying he knew they were dangerous, his own fellow soldiers? She shivered involuntarily, even though the evening was warm. But "protect" was a word she recognized. "You'll protect us?" She looked at him with tentative hope mixed with a large portion of doubt. Maybe he meant it now, but when the time came, and in the heat of the moment, and with his fellow soldiers all around, besieging the house... She began to cry again and set the laundry basket down to find a handkerchief.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 am

He dropped to his knees and reached across the basket. "Manuela--" He wanted to hold her, like he might have held Mathilde, to reassure her, but he hesitated at the last moment and had to nerve himself to rest his hand lightly on her arm. "It's alright. It'll be alright. I mean it, I'll protect you."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

She looked at him, his earnest, serious, scarred but kind face, and she knew she could trust him to keep his word. It did not even occur to her to ask what he would want in return, because he was not like Maria's French officer. She was still frightened, but it felt as if some of the weight had been lifted.

"Thank you," she said quietly, still embarrassed. She found a handkerchief at last and realized it was the same one she had offered him earlier with the fruit stains. "Cherries," she laughed lightly, showing it to him before using it to wipe her eyes. Anything to change the subject and move past the fact that she was crying like a little girl in front of a guest. Or a prisoner, or whatever he was. "Do you feel better? Your fever?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 am

She seemed to believe him. She even laughed a little. He wasn't sure what that meant, if it was relief, or nerves, or just covering up, but she seemed a bit better and he was terribly glad of that. "Cerezas," he repeated with a tentative smile. Handkerchief.

But she was asking about his fever now. Was it better? "Me-mejor?" He hesitated, wondering if he should lie, then shook his head. "Soon, though," he added quickly. "It will be better -- mejor -- soon."

And then it was his turn to change the subject. "I was just... Dominic wants his letter back. From the officer. He's afraid his family will worry. I have to go ask him for it, talk to the officer."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm

She listened and nodded. She already knew that Dominic had gotten the officer to write a letter for him to his family. But then he stopped, as if he had finished what he needed to say. She frowned. "What?" Why was he telling her about the letter again?
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm

He opened his mouth, then shut it again, his expression mildly bemused. How could he explain it? "I need to talk to the officer again," he tried, "For Dominic. I go now?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Again? "Ohhh, you want to go and see the officer again?" She glanced down the passage to see if her aunt might be coming around the corner. "Come with me, I'll take you. It's probably better if I tell Don Augustin. Come on, quick."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm

What? Bewildered, he got to his feet, and hurried after her into the courtyard. She made straight for Martita's house. So she had understood. Despite his initial reluctance to involve her, he was glad she was coming, as much for the simple fact of her presence as for her ability to explain his errand to the carpenter.

He dropped back a pace behind her as they reached the door. "Thank you for this," he said quietly.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Manuela smiled and shrugged, still feeling a little embarrassed. "It's nothing." She knocked on the door, and this time it was the carpenter who answered.  He frowned when he saw that she was accompanied by one of the French prisoners, but she gave him a quick explanation, and the man seemed to begrudgingly accept it.  He opened the door and she asked him a question, to which he nodded.

"I told him that you want to see the officer again about a letter.  I have to get back to my work now, but you can go with Don Augustin."  She stepped away from the door and pointed for Paol to follow the carpenter.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 am

She was leaving? He nodded quickly, hoping his uncertainty did not show on his face. "Gracias," he said again, then turned back to the carpenter -- Augustin, was that the name she had used? – and followed him inside.

Hearing Manuela's voice, Maria Dolores looked up from her mending – Martita had torn her dress climbing in the fig tree, again. She listened a moment, then set the little dress on the table and got to her feet, slipping out into the hallway.

She drew back almost immediately. It was one of the French soldiers, not Manuela approaching with her father. "Where is Manuela? What does he want?" she asked her father, backing away. The prisoner looked up at her voice, but dropped his gaze almost immediately. It was one of the men from yesterday, the tall one with the bandaged arm and the tired circles around his eyes.

Something collided with the back of her legs and she looked down to see Martita peeking out from behind her skirt.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 am

"He's just coming to ask Señor Tibodo to write him a letter. He won't bother you. Manuela brought him over but she didn't stay. Come on, Frenchman." The carpenter probably would have used some disparaging epithets on the soldier had not his daughters been listening.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 am

Paol followed wordlessly after the carpenter, risking a glance at Martita, but she was glaring at him suspiciously. Up the stairs and down the hall to the door where he'd waited earlier that day. He knocked. "Lieutenant Thibaudeau, sir?"
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:41 am

The lieutenant looked up, his face full of eager hopefulness at the sound of a French voice. But it was just another prisoner, one from earlier that day, not someone from the liberating army.

"Oh it's you again, Soldat... Rejean? Come in, and close the door."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next