Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 Empty Re: 6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir

Post  sans nom Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm

"No.  Time to go in.  Pick up all your animals."  He gestured for the officer to take his seat if he wished, and the man did so with a nod of thanks.

"Please, sit down, Kerjean," the officer said, indicating the chair where Paol had been sitting earlier.  "I am Capitaine Baillargeon of the 5ème Chasseurs-à-Cheval. I see you were injured." Gone was his officious manner, and instead his tone was one of open interest.
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Species : sans pareil
Number of posts : 3766

Back to top Go down

6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir - Page 3 Empty Re: 6th August - Par un Dimanche au Soir

Post  Paol Kerjean Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:11 am

Paol did as he was told, sinking heavily onto the stool again. "I got caught in the fires," he said simply. "An English sawbones took a look at it, before they turned us over to the Spanish. Then the Spanish turned around and tried quartering some of us wounded on the town folk. That's how we came here."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Species : Fusilier, 86ème Régiment de la Ligne
Number of posts : 1078

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/paol-k

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 pm

The captain nodded soberly. "The fires were terrible, by all accounts. I lost many of my men." Then his face lightened somewhat. "But you give me hope that some of them will have survived, and we'll find them quartered throughout the town. But you said 'we.' Are there others with you then?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am

"Aye, two other lads from my company. Charcot's been watching your lot ride through all day. Don't think I've ever seen him so happy..."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:46 am

The captain smiled. "I can well imagine. And you say the Spanish have treated you well?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:38 am

"The folk we've been staying with, aye, and the carpenter and his family. The've been – well, they'd no cause to treat us well and they did, better'n well. Dunno why. They even tried lookin' after me – not that I made it easy for them..." He shut his eyes. He didn't know why he was talking like this, and to an officer of all things. The wine must have gone to his head.
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 am

Baillargeon frowned with concen. "Looking after your injury?" And now the soldier was closing his eyes, his face flushed. "Well I'm glad to hear it. But you look as if you could do with a good night's sleep now. Or is there anything I can do for you? I may be able to summon a surgeon in the morning."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 am

Paol looked mildly bewildered. "Tomorrow...No, no, I'll be—Thank you, sir. I'll get things sorted once tomorrow's over."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:42 am

"Very well. I recommend you get back to your quarters and sleep. You should sleep well now that you're a free man once again. Which house is it?"
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:08 pm

"Just there, sir," he said, pointing to the Castillo house. He got slowly to his feet. "Goodnight, sir."
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sans nom Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:05 pm

"Good night, soldat. And good luck to you."
sans nom
sans nom
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Paol Kerjean Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 pm

The words took him a bit by surprise and he checked, unsure if the officer had meant them the way he had heard them. But regardless of context, he was going to need all the luck he could get. "Thank you, sir," he said quietly and turning, made his way back to the house.

Inside he found Charcot where he'd left him. He was asleep, his head resting on the sill of the window. As gently as he could, he roused him and led him up the stairs to their little room and, when he thought he was once more asleep, slipped out again and down the hall to the other room, Pablito's room as Manuela had called it.

The women were still up and awake, so he would have to wait. He sank down on the bed, fighting the overwhelming desire to curl onto his side. He was so tired. The conversation with Baillargeon and what the carpenter had said about Perro had given his mind something else to chase, but even that, even the unrelenting pain in his arm couldn't seem to keep him awake.

He didn't remember falling asleep, but sometime -- how long, he had no idea -- later he awoke, slumped awkwardly on his side. With a muffled curse, he rolled onto the floor, onto his knees and then struggled to his feet.

It was black as pitch in the little room and the hallway was no better as he padded barefoot to the foot of the stairs and paused, listening, but the house was quiet. Good.

Feeling along the wall, he made his way down the stairs. He nearly fell over a chair, stumbling across the kitchen floor, but by some miracle he found the table without bringing the entire house down around their ears, and fell into a chair. He slumped forward over the table, resting his head on his arm and closed his eyes. The officer's words echoed in his head, 'Good luck.' Good luck. Just make it through tomorrow. If he could just make it through tomorrow...
Paol Kerjean
Paol Kerjean
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3