Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season

+3
Helen Winwood
Timothy Willoughby
Edward Torrington
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season

Post  Edward Torrington Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am

Edward grinned. "Ah. I see one little secret has not yet come to light. Major Vickery, allow me to introduce you to the most noble Viscount Gywdyr. His grandfather is the Earl of Parham."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Species : Royal Engineer Captain
Number of posts : 1854

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1673-edward-lord-torringto

Back to top Go down

3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Oct. 1814: A little London season

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:32 am

Willoughby nodded. "An honour to meet you." He had a pleasant smile.

"I will not take long unless you would like to come with the horse as well." He had begun to guide the animal towards his white mare. His mount looked askance at him and the state his trousers and boots were in. She shook her head in disapproval.

He would take the horse back, unless he would have been in luck and either the 'shamed man' would have returned or, atleast had been sensible enough to send someone to take the horse.

Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Species : Cornet, 15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
Number of posts : 3280

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/timothy-willo

Back to top Go down

Post  John Vickery Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 am

Vickery blinked. What?! How had a cavalry trooper suddenly been raised to the peerage - or rather, why had a scion of a noble house elected to serve in the ranks?

He recovered himself with aplomb, and gestured Emma forward. "In that case, my lords, allow me to introduce in turn my sister, Miss Emma Vickery."

Emma gave him a small frown - she was still mounted where they were all on foot, but inclined her head, in lieu of being able to offer a curtsy.

"Emma, may I introduce my lord the Viscount Torrington, the son of the Earl of Gleve? He was our Engineering officer in Spain. "
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Species : Captain; 5/60th Rifles
Number of posts : 2869

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1736-capt-the-hon-john-vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 am

Edward bowed.

"Miss Vickery. A pleasure to finally meet you. Your brother often spoke of you."

Trooper Fraser, in the process of leaving, a bit awkwardly touched his head and with a murmured "Ma'am ..." edged around the group towards his own horse.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Vickery Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 am

Emma smiled. "Then it was either all flattery or very much exaggerated. He has often spoke of you as well, my lord."
Emma Vickery
Emma Vickery
Ship's Cook

Species : Civilian; Lady
Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm

"If the things he tells about a beloved sister are exaggerated, I shudder to think what he will have said about me."

Edward returned the smile with a measure of confidence he would not have had five years back. Then he stepped back and took the reins of the abandoned horse to allow Vickery to introduce Willoughby, or rather Lord Gywdyr, in turn.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Vickery Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 pm

"Why, nothing but the truth, of course. He is always trustworthy, except I fear his judgement may be a little partial where I am concerned." She gave her brother a fond look as she spoke, and nodded in greeting as he introduced Lord Gywdyr.
Emma Vickery
Emma Vickery
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Willoughby inclined his head to Emma, greeting the lady. He had repeated the curtuous:" It is a pleasure to meet you, miss Vickery." He offered a slight apology for the appearance which was far from the sort that should be presented before a lady.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Vickery Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 pm

"Likewise, my lord," Emma replied, doing her best to ignore the fact that he was fully clothed yet dripping wet in a public place. She leaned down a little, lowering her voice. "If I may be allowed to give a little advice, your lordship should certainly get into some dry clothes as quickly as possible - standing around while soaked through will not be healthy."
Emma Vickery
Emma Vickery
Ship's Cook

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 pm

"Certainly a good advise. It leaves us only with the question of this wretched horse."

Edward considered.

"I will have to find my sister, as well. She was conversing with Lady Helen Winwood when I left her ... ironically so that she could do so without Mr. Bromwell. Are you staying with your grandfather or have you taken lodgings, Wil ... Gywdyr?"

Edward nearly had slipped there - it was so easy in this company to slip back into the old way of adressing the younger man.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  John Vickery Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 am

"I suppose, if your sister is here also, then one of us could take it back while his sister remains in the company of the other lady?" Vickery suggested. Really polite society could be so tiresome at times, especially after the... informality of the Peninsula. "Unless we descend in force upon the hiring stable, and I do not suppose that will go unremarked."

Apart from that, he was not sure what could be done; certainly neither Trooper Fraser nor Willoughby - Lord Gywdyr - were in any state to go anywhere other than direct to their respective lodgings to change into dry clothes.
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am

"Certainly."

He frowned.

"Would you know my sister? Otherwise it will fall to you to restore the horse, I'm afraid."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am

"A sound advice, madame." Willoughby agreed as well though he considered who could take the horse to the renting stables. "...My grandfather had come to London recently, yes. I am staying with him at the moment." He nodded smiling. "I can offer to take the horse to the stables of course, though I might need to make haste after to change. The clothes are beginning to cool in a day that is far from generous with warmth."
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:23 am

"If you should have time and inclination, should we perhaps meet for second breakfast afterwards?", Edward suggested.

Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  John Vickery Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am

"I am afraid I do not know your sister, but if she would not mind the imposition, I will return as quickly as I may," Vickery said, quickly coming to a decision.
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am

"She certainly wouldn't. Shall we meet you at Grosvenor Gate again? I believe it would be most convenient for all."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  John Vickery Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

"Yes. I think that would likely be best." He sighed. "I do not supposed any one has something that could be adapted to a leading rein? Unless we can manufacture one from the remains of his tack, I fear I will have to lead both this animal and Brandy on foot."
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm

It might have been quite unintentional, but Willoughby had felt momentarily ignored, both for the offer he had made, and for his presence. Taking it in stride he straightened again, and stroked the rented animal's flank before walking to his front. He took the cut reins , judging the length that remained after the leather had been split. He had made a few adjustments then braided them together so that it would have been easier to hold, the end tucked into a loop and then slid in under one of the coils on the length, and bound again.

"It shall not be as secure as one would wish, " He then said politely. "But it is better than nothing." And looked at Vickery. "If you would prefer to remain with your company, I can take care of the horse." Unsure whether the invitation extended to him, he did not inquire about the time of the meeting just then. It would be rude to assume that he was invited, more so if it meant that he would thus 'invite himself in' and they could not but become rude to refuse him or else suffer the company they had not been in want of.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Winwood Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:38 am

They, Henry, Helen and Bella, had been chatting pleasantly for a little while unaware of the commotion happening elsewhere in the park. Helen observed her brother's attitude toward Bella with approval. The war changed him for the better, he was calmer, more respectful, more thoughtful and has abandoned what he used to think of as his duty to flirt with every female he met.

'George seems to have forgotten about us,' said Henry, forgetting about the honorific. 'He said he had to write an urgent letter, but that he would come and find us.'

'Henry, you have spent an entire fortnight in his company, you can stand to wait a little.'

'I suppose you right... Ha! Speak of the devil!" Henry grinned, looking over her shoulder. 'Let's ride and meet him.'

Helen turned and looked behind her, to see George in his scarlet uniform, upon the massive thoroughbred he'd bought recently, some yards away. She turned to Bella, 'If Lady Isabella finds it convenient.'
Helen Winwood
Helen Winwood
Ordinary Seaman

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 am

"To meet Colonel Hunter? Certainly it is convenient!"

Bella smiled gleefully and nearly bounced in the saddle.

-----------

Torrington raised his eyebrows, letting his gaze pointedly fall to Willoughby's wet feet.

"You better get changed. I refuse to share breakfast with somebody who will cough! Or don't you want to come and share Peninsular reminiscences?"

His tone was light and teasing.
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am

Willoughby had a pleasant, polite and genuine smile appear on his face, clearly having been able to hide the gladness at being intended to come as well. "Certainly. I will do my best to be changed quickly and prevent the need to cough." He said and held onto the knotted reins for a moment longer. "What time then?..and.. it is at Grosvenor Gate, correct?" He inquired additionally, just to be sure.

His mare seemed more interested now in nibbling at the grass, but did not think to try straying away from them, quite content with the company, less so with the prospect of wet feet pressed against her sides.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Torrington Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am

Torrington thought things through.

"I will need to accompany my sister home, I think, and Vickery might want to do the same, unless the ladies would prefer to make other arrangements, so we also might meet up after that. It would give you a bit more time. Where should we go? One of the clubs? Or might I invite you to join me in my new home? My father has insisted that I open up my grandmother's house while I am in London."

His mouth twisted a bit.

"I think he hopes having more then a set of rooms might make me stay in town and not hurry off to Ireland."
Edward Torrington
Edward Torrington
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  John Vickery Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:36 am

"I think your home would certainly be preferable to White's, especially if the ladies would be amenable to joining us," Vickery replied, looking up at Emma who nodded in agreement.

"I believe that if we are to come calling, my sister should like to change her clothing for something more suitable than a riding habit," he added, with an amused look. "I daresay we could be there in an hour, unless you need longer to make the place presentable?"
John Vickery
John Vickery
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Winwood Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 am

Their trio rode forward, Henry waving at George as they approached.

'Good morning, Lady Helen, Henry,' George turned his gaze on the young lady who'd accompanied them to greet him. Helen immediately introduced them.

'It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Isabella,' he said, his smile slow and sincere.
Helen Winwood
Helen Winwood
Ordinary Seaman

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Willoughby Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 am

"It is all quite fine for me." He said, knowing that if he needed directions he could also inquire, and that he would have gladly seen the new home that Torrington had been given. Another time he could invite as well, though there was a general lack of a lady, to play one that received guests.
Timothy Willoughby
Timothy Willoughby
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next