Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

4 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) Empty Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

Post  George Thompson Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 am

Thompson had been planning a surprise ever since de Guarde had mentioned when his birthday was, giving the Marine three days to come up with something. What he'd managed to come up with was nothing very much, not after the shirt he'd re-made for the lad the previous month, but it was something.

He'd wrapped the needlebook in a scrap of brown paper and claimed his second ration of grog before seeking the lad out.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Species : Royal Marine Corporal
Number of posts : 5581

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/private-georg

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

Post  Mathew De Guarde Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Mathew was sitting on deck, catching some warmth and some light. He had been busy in the sickbay up till that moment. He had all the instruments cleaned again, even without being told to do so. He had more strips of cloth cut up that could be used for an injured limb - this he was told - had them neatly folded in the compartment with the rest. He dusted away the shelves,returned all of the bottles onto them, made sure that those that had labels, had them at the front so that anybody reaching or looking in would not need to tip and turn each and every glass bottle to know which one he was looking for.

After that, and having gone and washed the sheets that were used by the sick, he had hung those to dry. This brought him on deck, where he was now, having a bit of a rest. His rump felt better and he would probably have felt in better spirits if not for the day that it was. It would have been as any other. He frowned and closed his eyes. At least the weather was really nice.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Species : Royal Navy; Able Seaman
Number of posts : 8004

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/characters-f4/midshipman-ma

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June) Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Sweet Fifteen (13 June)

Post  George Thompson Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am

"Hey there," Thompson said, finally running his quarry to earth on deck. "Happy birthday. Mind if I join you?" He didn't wait for an answer but perched on the nearest gun, grinning cheerily. "Brought you summat for your birthday, Mathew," he added, still grinning down at the boy.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

De Guarde opened his eyes, blinking startled at Thompson. He had not expected the marine corporal to appear out of the blue. His smile however did appear and then broaden and the longer he listened to the man, the closer he was to a very bright smile.

"My birthday. You remembered!" He had not believed that he would. "Don't mind at all if you join me." He hurried to say even if it was already too late and Thompson had taken his liberty at staying anyway.

"You did? What is it?" He tried to see what the other man had, curiosity more than killing this little cat. "You really remembered." He could not stop himself from saying it again, looking rather thrilled about that fact alone.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am

"Well, I don't have'n, but you do, or at least, you know when yourn is, which means you'm used to havin' un," Thompson replied. "Already gave you a shirt an' there wasn't much else I could do, not in the time. Here." He held out the small package. "Ain't much, but I'm in hopes you'll like it."

Last edited by George Thompson on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Mathew took the small package, but first went to give a quick hug to the marine. He sat down again, just as quickly, knowing that Thompson is a corporal and he had to mind to behave in some way when in semi public.

"Thanks, George." He spoke happily. "Jus' that you remembered it, it's.. it means so much. Thank you!" He spoke then set the package in his lap and began to carefully unwrap it. He did not know what was in it, and feeling it up did not help at all. George remembered it. He was 15. Aged a year, reached it on this new ship. Perhaps he had not expected to be a Tar and 15, or an assistant down in the surgeon's domain, and 15, but he was celebrating it in a little way right now, and had a friend who thought of it, so all else could not matter for this day. He did feel useful when putting away things, cleaning and preparing them down below in the sick berth. His efforts would mean that those on Terpsy would benefit from it and get treatment sooner. But right now he would focus on the now, on the little gift and on the fact that the corporal Thompson remembered it for him!
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 am

"Like I say, ain't anythin' much, me not havin' much to hand," Thompson said, a little anxiously. "But, well, it'll come in handy, at least." It was only a needle book - a small sewing kit, made up like a book, with places for different needles, and a couple of pockets for small things like buttons and thread, or scissors.

"You might have one already, I think most folks do, goin' to sea," he said. "Mum made me one, when I told her I'd 'listed. Still got it."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:30 am

"Thank you." He unfolded his 'book' then grinned at the marine." I think I get your hint, corporal." He said, and sounded rather innocent as he spoke so. "You want to tell me that from now on I should learn to sew and mend my own clothes and that you are not going to do it again! I promise ter do me very best to make it so." He winked, his smile broad.

He had wished for some drink too but, there was some that he had been saving. Bit by bit. He could have that later in the evening when everybody else was asleep so as he would not bother anyone. And he'd hide where Button showed him so that none of the seamen could find him either. Not untill he was sober again, and needed on deck.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:39 am

"Wasn't hintin' at nothin'. Just don't have anythin' else to give you," Thompson said. "Well, not really. Unless you count this..." He brought out his battered leather drinking jack and held it out. "I want me cup back when you'm done with it, though," he added. "An' don't you go gettin' in trouble for it - or gettin' me in trouble either."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 am

De Guarde blinked at THompson a couple of times then at the drinking jack, back at the marine, then at it and he took it carefully, gently then grinned. " Well even if you was not hintin' I will use this and I will mend something and I will make somethin' when I's got enough fabric and it will be fer you jus' as you'd done it for me.. 'cept.. I don't think I'll be jus' so skilled as to make it a shirt. But... it... is the thought that counts.. right'o'?"

He asked that then smiled brightly again and shook his head. "I would not ever get in trouble for it knowing you'd get in trouble next! And.. me rump hurts just enough still ter remind me to keep clear of any man of substance and anyone that's in the position what could have me in trouble for stuff!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 am

"You don't have to make me anythin'," Thompson said, calmly getting his tobacco and pipe out. "An' I'd really rather stay out of trouble if I can. I'm gettin' used to the stripes an' I don't think I'd like losin' 'em, not now." He began filling the bowl of the pipe with tobacco, before putting the pouch away. "An' you bin in enough trouble for one young lad, anyway. How's them bruises doin'?"
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 am

"....they'um healin'." De Guarde took a small sip from the cup. " Everythin' is healin' day in n' day out." He nodded. "An'.. I'm stayin' out of trouble and in sight of those I trust.. got a nice place ter...... uh.. well, I'm all good anyway." He smiled and hugged the little 'book'.

"Do ye know how old I am now?" His smile broadened.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 am

"Not as old as me," Thompson said, leaning back against the gun and puffing contentedly at his pipe. "No, lad, I don't think I do. No, wait. Fifteen, isn't it?" He grinned. "I was mebbe your age when I finished trainin', me."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:42 am

"Yes, fifteen! That's quite an age, isn't it? Some would be married by now!" He laughed merrily. "Some would have been bespoken way before now." He mused peering at the pipe. "Would some have tried smoking again too?" He asked this so innocently, as if he had been merely asking a question that had little to do with the present.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

"Dunno any as'd be married," Thompson said placidly. "You'd want to be a bit older'n that afore you thinks of doin' such a thing." He sighed. "I weren't but a young'un when I started smokin', y'know. I dunno that you ought to try it, though - I never seen a gentleman smokin'."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:47 pm

"I don't want to marry. It sounds like an awful lot of work and then you have someone who wants you ter keep her taken care of, front n' back... and she wants to have balls and all those public minglin' things that are wearysome on your purse! And to top it all, .. I can't really. Right now. Ain't one lass of my tanding that'd want ter even look at a disrated lad, no matter how handsome he might look." He looked up with a grin.

"An' I ain't all that handsome." He folded hi hands over his chest. "Well I've tried it afore, so it won't be me first time." It might have only been maybe a few days ago, but it had happened. "An' t' gentlemen of me standing snort it." He shrugged. "And sneeze it all over t' place. I'd rather just cough it!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 am

Thompson chuckled. "I wouldn't know about that, me. Don't get them sort of ladies round where I come from, after all. The folks round there don't have that sort of money, either, after all."

He looked at de Guarde thoughtfully. "You's handsome enough. Reckon you'll have crowds of girls wantin' you, when you get a bit older."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:04 am

"Thanks. But there ain't no girl of me kind that wants a Tar..and I'm doubtin' that the captain'll ever notice i do summat well enough ter be given a chance. "

He shrugged. "You'm daft to think I'm handsome either an' I'm 15 now! Almost an adult, that." He rubbed his throat. "Ye'll turn 'round once and I'll be sportin' a beard the length o' France." He chuckled and shifted a little. "When do yer want this back?" He held up the cup for the marine to see.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:38 am

Thompson grinned. "Havin' a beard don't stop a man bein' handsome, y'know." He rubbed at the stubble on his own chin. "I oughta know, though I dunno whether I'm partic'ly handsome. An' I'd rather like it back in time for me grog tomorrer, please." He reached out to ruffle the lad's hair. "Shouldn't do yourself down s'much, y'know, lad."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am

"I'll get it back 'fore that, I promise." He looked thoughtfully at George. "If I'm a wee bit. .drunk an' I do venture up in sight, could I ask yer ter get me sommers where nobody' seein' me. Especially nobody wot' the officers are concerned. Or ..sum'un similar to it? I promise ter try ter stick ter me place o' hiding when I sip away.. but.. I dunno wot' me drunken mind will think is sensible."

He grinned broadly. "And, George. Yer the handsomest chap on this ship!" He exclaimed that with great conviction. "An' yer eyes 'd charm everyone.. " He indicated their colour.
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 am

"I'll do me best, even if I have to pick you up an' carry you, all right? Don't get too drunk, though, will you? Have a bit to eat first or somethin', at least." He took a puff of his pipe, found it had gone out, and had to re-light it.

"Now I know you'm pullin' me leg," he said a moment later once he'd got the pipe relit, blowing out a cloud of smoke.
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:31 am

"Yer can carry me. I give yer my full permission.. and for t' understandin'... I ain't pulling no legs. You are handsome." He chuckled softly. "You jus' don't see it couse you ain't got a mirror."

He said that quite cheekily and stretched out a little. "Thought today would be dreadful.... sort of.. 'couse I thought.. nobody would care. True, it ain't summat many would really care about anyway but....but 'um....well, it's all better now. Thanks. Dunno why you did it, but it was real nice of you."
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 am

Thompson took his pipe out of his mouth, and smiled. "Never really had a birthday, me. Well. I mean, I must've had a birthday, 'cause of gettin' older, but I never knew when it was to celebrate it. But you do, an' have, an' so I wanted to make it a nice day for you, see?"
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathew De Guarde Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 am

"Well you might know 'tleast which time of year you were born. Was it t' summer or t' autumn or winter or spring. That sort of thing. Then we could, if you wanted, even pick a date fer you and dub it t' birthday day. Would come as close to when it was as you could." He smiled.

"You made it a really nice day fer me. Thank you! To be honest....you've been real nice ever startin'. Even when I was a bit daft toward ya. So.. if there's anythin' I can do fer ya. Please. Tell me, a'right? Couse I more n' owe it to you!"
Mathew De Guarde
Mathew De Guarde
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  George Thompson Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:58 pm

"I dunno... think it was autumn time, but I ain't sure. Don't even know what year it was, not really." He chuckled again. "You're forgettin' the time I near to shook you till your teeth rattled, lad, after we had all that fight when you was - we was below, remember?"

He had finished his pipeful by now, and took his hat off to stow his pipe away, pausing before putting his hat back on to run his fingers through his hair. "Really need to get me hair done again, I think - got a deal too many spiders' legs for my likin'. An' o' course I'll tell you, Mathew, lad."
George Thompson
George Thompson
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next