Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

16th June: Dereliction

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

16th June: Dereliction - Page 2 Empty Re: 16th June: Dereliction

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 am

"Yes, sir." Saint-Hilaire spoke, feeling relieved, thankful and amused that all dreams that his fellow officer, superior and friend, would have, of making him the paper pusher. He glanced at Bastien, curious whether the other had understood and registered the subtle 'threat' and suggestion at how things were to be served or whether it had been beyond him.

He heard the clear attempt at making oneself be noticed that did not come from either himself, the Colonel or Prayon. He remained silent. He was not as amused when patience was suggested though he was uncertain whether this was meant for Bastien or whether it had included him. There were certainly some that he would have willingly caused to be gone, but he was quite possibly not as able as he would have wished.

Last edited by Étienne Saint-Hilaire on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Species : Sous-Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 am

Prayon looked slightly rebellious at the colonel's instructions concerning paperwork, but otherwise accepted the orders with only a nod. His eyes asked a question at the last part, but before the colonel could answer it in any way, the sentry pulled back the tent-flap, a newcomer cleared his throat, and the colonel looked at him. He raised a questioning eyebrow, his face neither inviting nor forbidding.

"Yes, what is it?"

His tone was smooth and even.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Species : Give me the coffee!
Number of posts : 456

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 pm

It was perhaps a not too great surprise that Prayon kept his mouth shut. Although this could as well have been a startling discovery even in the face of angering the Colonel. But perhaps the man did have some sense, or atleast the sense of timing.

It was a more disapproving fact that the young lad disturbed their conversation if only to make himself known. He shifted against the pillow. When he made to look around better, his back and its injuries were stretched reminding him clearly that either he was to stand up to see the boy enter properly or he was to stand, watch the Colonel and wait for them both to enter and stand in the area more comfortable to him.

"Colonel, may I inquire what we are to do, whether we are faced with the choice of taking prisoners?" If they were Portuguese Saint-Hilaire did not know what he would have done, but in the present situation.... but for the British, bringing them back would not have been a problem.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:37 pm

"Excuse me, sir," Francois quickly came to attention and saluted.

Then reported, "Sorry to disturb you but this is a packet from a courier to be given to command."

He held out the object he had just talked about and waited for someone to take it.
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Species : Soldat; 86e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Number of posts : 312

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1509-francois-joseph-marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 am

"Thank you, soldat."

The colonel took the package and glanced at it, then reached for a knife to cut the cord around it.

"If the gentlemen would excuse me for a moment. But please wait outside - this might provide some additional information. You, too, soldat; there might be a message to Colonel Lacroix. Prayon, take a chair for Saint-Hilaire outside. DeChangny, my compliments to Captain Sourette, could he join me at his earliest conveniance."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:52 pm

"Yessir," Francois saluted again, his task accomplished but he was of course ready to act as courier once more should it be required.

Then, as ordered, he stepped back outside. Etienne was in an officer's uniform, the man was an officer! And here that time, he had talked to him thinking he was an ordinary ranker. And he had criticized officers that time too. He hoped the man was not one to hold that against him.

François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Saint-Hilaire stood slowly. He nodded to the colonel and turned, waiting only as long as to have Bastien leave the tent before he did.
Once there he stood to the side then turned to Seviére, a polite smile forming on his face.

"We meet again, soldat Seviére." He spoke, and then turned to Bastien indicating the lad and introducing him and then Bastien to Seviére in rather friendly terms. Then he had explained how he knew the young chap.

"He has been one of my saviours, it is safe to be said. Though I regret I had not had the chance to tell you I was to return to my regiment, personally." His eye again on the young man. "Or this." He made a dismissive wave at his uniform. What was more curious to him he now asked. "...do you know what the package you have brought, was about?" his voice quieter, but no less curious.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Saint-Hilaire introduced him to the other officer but he already knew that man too, from the hair raising run in with the Portuguese recently. He was a bit surprised to even be introduced, he was afterall but a common ranker.

"Yessir, pleasure, sir," Seviere nodded to the other man.

Then it was back to Etienne, "I was happy to have what little part I did have in helping you, sir, whether you were a soldat or officer. I do apologize for any careless remarks I may have made about the officer corps in our last conversation."
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 am

Bastien raised his eyebrows at that. He had accepted the introduction in his usual haphazard manner, clapping the lad on his back with a laugh and a "Pleasaure to meet you again!", then telling Etienne teasingly:

"Which just shows how much you listen to me telling you what happend. Sevière was one of the men in our hunt for stolen horses and running Portuguese."
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 am

Francois realized then he had not answered Etienne's query about the courier packet.

"Sorry, almost forgot, no sir, a rider just came up and tossed to the picket declaring it was for the unit commander. They told me to take it here."
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

Bastien looked speculatively at the tent.

"Well, he seemed to know what it is about, the way he immediately send for Sourette. We'll see. Perhaps one of the other camps has picked up some survivors?"

With a mischievous expression, he quirked an eyebrow.

"And now tell me: How did it come about that you got to save him? It almost gives me faith that not all soldiers want to kill their officers."
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Species : Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 434

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1704-bastien-prayon#99052

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Francois blinked, "Kill their officers? Oh, no sir, not hardly!"

Now he might think a few of them idiots but that did not mean he would ever comtemplate attacking one, why that was simply ...improper.

"Actually, I was just one of those who stumbled upon a badly injured man out in the dark. It was him but we did not know he was an officer, you see...or even a Frenchman at first. We knew though he needed medical help so we took him back. I was just there...I did not play an heroic role to be honest."

Francois was not one to try and claim glory where there was none.
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Bastien grinned.

"Never say that. Helping in the resurrection of the dead is next to saintly, I'd say."

Before he could tease the young soldier further, however, Captain Sourette limped into view. Even the short way to the colonel's tent showed easily why he wouldn't be taking on any field assignments any time soon. The young sous-lieutenant at his side hovered to help him if necessary, but Sourette was a proud man, and had obviously decided to prove that he still could walk on his own, even though the strain probably didn't do his wounded knee any good.
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Saint Hilaire wondered when he had missed, forgotten or.. perhaps he should have drunk less in the past few days, rested more and requested that Bastien did not babble away with so many things that had happened in the near past, that he had trouble remembering all.

He would not however have changed much of anything that happened during that time so, he could at the very least be glad for the little 'pat on the back' he had given to the lad. With an inclination of his head he had given notice to Seviére that he had indeed heard him and that what had been said had not been taken in offense.

"Sir." He stood from his chair and gave place to the wounded captain, awkwardly but without question or hesitance. He had only then realised - yet again paying less attention than he ought to have - that the chair would be needed inside and not here, and that at last made him colour a little.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastien Prayon Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 am

Bastien grinned and saluted with a flourish.

"Captain Sourette, Sir! Care to tell us what that mysterious package contained before you go in?"

The Captain returned Etienne's greeting in a friendly manner, nodded to Sevière, then glared at Prayon and addressed him quite sternly:

"I am sure the Colonel will tell you as soon as he sees fit that you have this information, Lieutenant."

Prayon looked like a kicked puppy at that, and the corners of the captain's mouth lifted ever so slightly. In a much more amiable tone, he asked:

"I assume there have been no news from the missing patrol?"

Pointedly ignoring Bastien, he looked expectantly at the Sevière. After all, the patrol was from his regiment. His appearance here might well be connected to good news.
Bastien Prayon
Bastien Prayon
Midshipman

Species : Lieutenant, 17ème Infanterie Légère
Number of posts : 434

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1704-bastien-prayon#99052

Back to top Go down

Post  François Sevière Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:04 am

Francois blinked, the officer was asking him? As a private, he seldom knew what was going past the boundary of his own small unit.

"No sir, I haven't heard anything."
François Sevière
François Sevière
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Étienne Saint-Hilaire Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:27 am

"Sir, may I inquire whether the present situation and call might involve us?" Saint-Hilaire asked politely. "I am to go on a mission at last.." He looked quite happy about that. "And any information that we would be given, would benefit us greatly. We will understand however, if it is not possible for you to tell us."

Still he looked polite, persuasive and yet accepting of whichever answer he would be given.
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Étienne Saint-Hilaire
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marashar Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 am

Sourette laughed wryly.

"It's not. For the very simple reason that I haven't the slightest idea what's going on. Himself had me check with every piquet whether this missing patrol has made contact, but apart from that I'm as uninformed as you are. Although I dearly hope that this packet brings the very welcome message that my rank and pay will finally match my current occupation. Wish me luck, gentlemen!"
Marashar
Marashar
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2