Show the Colours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» WAR OF CHANGE
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Guest

» ONE-THOUSAND ARMS (A Naruto Roleplay)
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm by Guest

» 14th June: Building bridges of humanity
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» 7th October: Charming play
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm by Estefania Lopes d.Almeida

» Recondite Reverie
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm by Guest

» Into the Wild
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:23 am by Guest

» Dragons' Cove
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm by Guest

» Break the Darkness - Black Jewels Trilogy RPG (SMF, BJT RPG)
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 pm by Guest

» Board closing date
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am by Sharpiefan

» All Together Now
To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

Calendar
If there is a thread not linked from the Calendar, please let me know so I can add it. ~ Sharpie

May 1809
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

June 1809
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 262728 29 30

July 1809
2 345 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
161718 19 20 21 22
232425 262728 29
Staff

Admin: Sharpie
Mod: Allhands

Affiliates
Affiliate with us!
(See here for details)

Show the Colours

RPG-Directory ~

The London Life ~ Aeterna Roma

~ Steamhawke

Rise of an Empire ~

Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows ~

~ Rise of the Immortals

~ ~ ~
BTM affiliates ~ the HAUTE Ton
Credits
Total Drama Website's Jade Rook Award ~ 3 Years & Counting
Header banner, ad banner, Chattery banner and StC button were made by Keiju

Forum icons were made by Sharpiefan, Keiju and sans nom, using base pics from Sharpe, Hornblower and Master & Commander and photos provided by Kinsella

Canon characters belong to their respective authors; original characters belong to their players.

We make no profit from this site.

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal

Go down

To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal Empty To Capt B. Blackwood, Light Company, 1/2nd Guards, in Portugal

Post  Ben Blackwood Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:40 pm

5th July 1809, Hawks Hill, Hampshire

My very dear Benjamin,

We have receiv’d your letter of the 18th April but since have had no news of you. I wrote on the 20th April but do not know if you have receiv’d it for there has been no word in reply. It was a mortifying shock to read in the Times an account of a battle in which your regt was involved. You may imagine the affect it had upon us all! It was only the kind note from Mr Dowling that reliev’d all our anxiety. He had got a letter from his nephew who is with the –th Regt giving a general accounting of the battle. It is well to be so kindly considered!

Yr sister has made quite an impression of late. We were invited to Lord Chalfont’s lately and there were fortunate to meet a very excellent family. They are the Vickerys of Fallbrooke House - a title family, do you know! I shld be surprised if you were not aware of them yrself. The Viscount is an excellent fellow and his daughter made quite an impression on yr brother I dare say. She is an exquisite creature. Perfect manners and such a sweet disposition. They were very agreeable and were you here I dare say you might find Miss Vickery excellent company. I do think yr sister may do well with Miss V’s brother however. He is away with the Army as well. Of the Rifles I heard tho to be sure I cannot judge well of how such a regt is classed. It would be very agreeable match!

In the days since yr brother has been scarcely at home and is often about the countryside tho he says nothing about his activities. It is to be hoped he is engaged in a suit. I do hope it is with an agreeable young lady - the young Miss V would do well surely. I should be happy to have her in the family you know! Such an excellent lady you may never meet elsewhere. Were you present you may have been introduced to her yrself. I dare say yr brother has been captivated which of course can only be encouraged. It is a shame Miss V’s brother is away too for no doubt yr sister would be well pleased to meet him.

I must confess that yr father shows little interest in yr career since you departed from the –th. He does not permit conversation about the war when he is in the room nor does he read the newspapers when we are near enough to see. Tho I have tried to draw him out he resists most stubbornly. Will you not return and see him? It is long since you have been home. Certainly you may be permitted leave. May you not try?

Yr sister Mary has lately borne a child too, a girl, to be called Charlotte. It is her first as perhaps you may now. She is quite worn out but very much pleased. Young Charlotte is a delightful child tho barely a month in this world and I take such joy in her presence. You would find her quite enjoyable I am sure were you here.

I do wish you might write yr father at least if you will not write the rest of us. It will do him good to know you are thinking of him.

Yr loving mother,

Frances Blackwood
Ben Blackwood
Ben Blackwood
Midshipman

Species : Captain; 1/2nd (Coldstream) Guards
Number of posts : 378

https://showthecolours.forumakers.com/player-characters-f4/ben-bl

Back to top Go down